• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. O

THANK YOU to those who participated in 1st Closed Beta

The RS2 team would like to thank everyone who has been helping us out throughout the Alpha and now with the 1st Closed Beta! This is a pretty big milestone for the team and its both exciting and nerve wracking to see people react to the game for the first time. Also, a big thanks to those of...
  2. O

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam PAX West Panel Recap

PAX West 2016 Panel Recap Last week Tripwire and Antimatter devs were at PAX West and delivered a presentation about Rising Storm 2: Vietnam. The developers go into detail about weapons, helicopters, commander abilities as well as answering questions from the internet and from the live...
  3. O

Media Update: Mosin Nagant

Manufactured at the Tula arsenal in 1937 this 1891/30 found its way to Vietnam by way of a Soviet supply crate. A significant number of old Soviet surplus supplies, plus weapons captured during WW2, were sent to The People's Republic of Vietnam (PAVN) and to the Nation Liberation Front (NLF or...
  4. O

Media Update - RPG-7 Backblast

Last week Yoshiro mentioned that he was going to be at GamesCon this week and wouldn’t have a chance to post another media update. The guys over at Antimatter Games put together another webm for you to demonstrate the RPG-7’s backblast. Anyway. The effects shown are WIP. The backblast from...
  5. O

RS2: Vietnam - Refinements Part 1

In case you guys aren't aware, Yoshiro is posting news on Rising Storm 2:Vietnam in the News and Announcements section of the forums. News about RS2 will be rolling out weekly and I encourage you to check back regularly. Refinement Part 1
  6. O

Level Design Guide to Porting BSP from KF1 to KF2

Guide to Porting BSP from KF1 to KF2 This guide is limited to porting BSP from KF1 to KF2. It does not cover porting any assets or textures. 1) Open the level you want to port the BSP from in the Killing Floor 1 Editor 2) Right-click on a brush and Select all Non-Solids and delete these...
  7. O

Level Design RO2 Level Design Basics Explained

http://wiki.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php/Red_Orchestra_2:_Heroes_Of_Stalingrad/LevelDesign THIS IS CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION AND WILL BE UPDATED DAILY BY TW DEVS UNTIL ITS COMPLETE. This thread is to explain some of the basic functionality that will help you get your map up and running...
  8. O

Level Design Example Maps

We'll be rolling out example maps this week. These maps should help you guys get a more clear idea of how to setup Territory, Countdown and FireFight maps. We'll also be rolling out some how-to info in this forum section over time.
  9. O

RO2 Beta Map Changelog - September 12th

So a lot of you are probably wondering what has happened to all the maps that have been in the beta so far and what's been done to them. We haven't been updating the maps in the beta but just swapping them out for new ones to test - with the exception of Gumrak. We'll, here's the list of major...
  10. O

Level Design Tripwire's $20,000 Killing Floor Grindhouse Mapping Contest

Tripwire Interactive announces the "Killing Floor Grindhouse" Custom Map Making Competition with $20,000-worth of prizes. Tripwire are partnering with Nvidia and Logitech to bring you a truly spectacular mapping contest for the zombie-slaughtering co-op hit that is Killing Floor. We put the game...
  11. O

Level Design Killing Floor SDK and Mapping Guide

You can download the Killing Floor SDK from the Tools section in Steam. The official SDK and mapping guide for Killing Floor is now available! The guide can be found in: \Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor\MappingGuide And the SDK can be found in the Tools section in Steam. You can also...
  12. O

Level Design Killing Floor SDK Available Today

The Killing Floor SDK will be released later today and it will include the official Killing Floor Editor and the official Killing Floor Mapping Guide. Once installed you can find the mapping guide under: \Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor\MappingGuide Thank you for your patience and good...
  13. O

BETA: Smoke Grenade Pickup mutator (map use only)

ROSmokePickupv1 --------------- Date: December 18 2006 Author: Adam "ohnein" Hatch Copyright (C) 2006 - Adam Hatch (Editing of Trip Wire's souce code.) If you'd like to use this mutator in another project get permission first by emailing me at the above address. Send bug reports to that address...
  14. O

3D & Animation Kiev University

The Kiev University is my primary modeling project for now. This will eventually be turned into a map. I plan on doing the side coutyard, front courtyard and quite a bit of the interior. This is project will hopefully see it all the way through. Based on how I plan to do this to get the most...
  15. O

Level Design Housing References

Since everyone benefits from good references, I've decided to share some references I've collected (well, recollected) over the years. http://faculty.washington.edu/dwaugh/rus/novgorod/novgwood.html Mostly pictures of rural churches...
  16. O

Demons of Easterly winds.

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Upon recent discoveries, a once single minded child had spoken to me, and let my mind to open up to new questions. He said,