• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Proud_God

No level progression?

Seems like these devs have some sense in them...
  2. Proud_God

Cap the rotation speed

I would prefer not to cap the actual turn speed of the player's view, but to cap the speed the weapon can 'turn'. If you turn faster than your weapon's turn speed, it will lag behind.
  3. Proud_God

PC Gamer Weekender - Everything that happened

Can we have a retro-fit of that recoil system to RO2/RS1?:p
  4. Proud_God

I asked a Vietnam Vet of what he thought of the leaked trailer.

+1! Also, any news on a local chat channel? (I know it was said in the past it's heavy on performance, but I still think it can be done with little server perfomance impact by just transmitting to all players and let the players' PC's determine whether to play the message or not)
  5. Proud_God

Refinement Part 1

I think you should focus on making it so players less frequently come to be under spawn protection, instead of making the effects of spawn protection less severe (you can still do the latter, but if the former is done well, the latter is less important). For an example of how the former could be...
  6. Proud_God

Immersion Overhaul Mutator Information

Pro-tip: bind a separate key for each weapon. This also frees up the mousewheel for other functions!
  7. Proud_God

Good Morning Vietnam Fans!

Lookin' good!
  8. Proud_God

Squads and Firefights - More Details

Yes, that is a good example of a incentive. Another thing that can be done is to tie small rewards to score. For example, each time you've gained X score, you spawn with an extra nade/ammo... As operating in your squad leads to more score, it also leads to extra goodies along the way.
  9. Proud_God

Squads and Firefights - More Details

I'm liking the sight misalignment info. Regarding squads I feel there should be some sort of incentive to join and STAY with your squad/squad leader after spawning, and more of an incentive than just points.
  10. Proud_God

RO2 Why 2x zoom is wrong.

As time went by, my preferences on zoom are settlign on: - A mild iron sight zoom (1.5?), SAME for all weapons. - An equally mild 'shift' zoom (so also 1.5). While using shift zoom and not in IS, your mouse sensitivity should be cranked up + head moves separate from body (free look), to allow...
  11. Proud_God

Into The Jungle

Here's my vote on no progression bonuses (visual ones are fine but not worth the dev effort, imo. That's not to say there shouldn't be visual variations in the game). Also,regarding red zones: the situation can already be improved by having more gradually progressing spawn points. Example: -...
  12. Proud_God

How much does RS2 inherit from RO2/RS?

Inertia is certainly not too high imo. Any less and you get crazy zig-zag maneuvres.
  13. Proud_God

Rising Storm 2/RO could learn a lot from SQUAD

One thing they do seem to get wrong is people flying up/down hill without being slowed down. (see IOM)
  14. Proud_God

Microstuttering while sprinting

I have it, but only in single player. It looks like a game logic issue rather than a performance issue.
  15. Proud_God

No doubt, agreed.
  16. Proud_God

Which reminds me, would it be alot of work to make 3rd-person ammo checking animations? Maybe reuse a shortened reload animation?
  17. Proud_God

Guns jamming.

Nah, it's a valid request for a (semi-)realistic game (make it a server option etc...) You may not be in favour of it, but do you really need to play the completely meaningless 'join the army' card to make your opinion valid? One can play that card on ANY suggestion that's even remotely...
  18. Proud_God

Aufmarsch: The Great War 1914-1918

Go for it lads!
  19. Proud_God

+1 here for less blur ( I'd rather see longer swawn times, or other incentives for staying alive, create 'real' suppression) Good work otherwise!
  20. Proud_God

4K Gaming anyone??

What is the input lag on that setup?