• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. nymets1104

Beta Map TE-Flak Tower

Download: https://s3.amazonaws.com/redorchestra2/Flaktower/TE-FlakTower.roe Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1105155913 Photos: http://imgur.com/gallery/tdtwQ
  2. nymets1104

Cousteau Plantation

A map inspired by the John Wayne film, "The Green Berets". Available on Steam Workshop and for download below. Please share any feedback or suggestions below. Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=952365960 Direct Download...
  3. nymets1104

Known issues with SDK

I thought I would start this thread as there a few rather serious issues with the SDK, though different people seem to be having different issues. Very few people seem to be able to build light unless they disable the lightmass setting (I however can build all levels of light with lightmass)...
  4. nymets1104

Demo Map for new Mappers

This is a bare bones set up of a few spawns, 2 Objectives, some spawn protection and the Kismet to go along with it. Will upload this to the Steam Workshop once the SDK is able to do so. I will continue to update this map if anyone has any questions or specific issues they need clarified...
  5. nymets1104

Using Rising Storm 1 assets in RS2: Vietnam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmf6EngDA7g A Quick and dirty tutorial on how to go about bringing your favorite RS1 Jungle props into a custom RS2 map. If you have any questions, criticisms, or suggestions please feel free to share :)
  6. nymets1104

Historical Photos of the Vietnam War

The pale figure shot through the chest was Alvin Bert Grantham. He was from Mobile, Alabama, and he was 18 years old. A year earlier, he and his friend Freddie Prist had joined the Marines. They had been working as bricklayers. Both had dropped out of high school, and when the draft board came...
  7. nymets1104

Level Design SDK Basic Tutorial Videos

Made a few basic tutorials to getting started with the SDK. If you have any requests or feedback, don't hesitate to share. My thanks to danh for his earlier guides that got me started with level design. :) Red Orchestra 2 SDK Tutorials...
  8. nymets1104

Custom Map Considerations

Would love to be able to set a Custom Map Loading Screen through an image or bink video along with being able to customize Map Tips, A battle description and have the mappers name in the loading screen. Not a huge priority, but just a thought as this might help promote some custom maps in the...
  9. nymets1104

July Hotfix Changes

Map Changes Hill 400 Added cover to left approach of Hill Increased Spawn Protection for Attackers Main sections of Destructible Barbed Wire are now Satchel Objectives Electrocution Sound reduced at a distance Caen Outskirts Increased Tickets for Allies Increased Capture Time for Final...
  10. nymets1104

Map Fixes and Bugs for Content Update 2

Gathering a list of things, most rather small on all of the maps for the next small update. I will break things down by map and any large mod related bugs I will post on Jira. Hill 400 More Allied Cover for B Cap Address the far flank to B that Axis can shoot from, but allies are blocked by...
  11. nymets1104

May Update Changelog

Add anything new here and I will update the OP with all changes. May Update Changelog for Heroes of the West Added 2 Maps Caen Outskirts (Combined Arms) Hill 400 Updated Vehicle Skins for Western Front Panzer IV Sd.Kfz. 251 Additions Added Enfield bayonet by Shel100. Added Scoped...
  12. nymets1104

Quick Spawn Selection

Meant to post this awhile back, but it would be great if the spawn locations could be chosen by keyboard rather than mouse. It may seem silly, but I think it would be great if I could tap 1,2,3 or any other binded key to pick the spawn I want. In Ro2/RS it seems you have to use the mouse if you...
  13. nymets1104

Texture limits in UE3

On a bit of a rant here but will keep it civil... Will we still encounter the same CONSTRICTIVE texture limits (12) for terrain actors as we did with RO2? Its terribly limiting in a varied map design and has snuffed out several creative ideas I have been working on due to the "Rainbow Effect"...
  14. nymets1104

Gunships and Hueys

As a kid, I gobbled up everything and anything related to helicopters in Vietnam, Hueys, Chinooks, Jolly Green Giants, and of course Cobra Gunships. Having made a couple maps for RO2, I am well aware of the issues that would arise with adding flyable vehicles to RS2, but thought I would drop...
  15. nymets1104

Oosterbeek Map Development

Oosterbeek Early Outline Planning 5 - 6 objectives on a playable area of approx 600 X 400 Meters (30,000 UU X 20,000 UU) Objectives will be smaller than some of the other maps but more densely decorated with trees and other meshes. I have compiled a wish list of assets to be developed for...
  16. nymets1104

Feedback and Thoughts on Maps

I will be visiting each of the three maps we discussed on Skype to further polish and improve them for the Alpha. I will also post all of them here in their most recent brewed and unbrewed forms. As we begin to have the test sessions / events, I may not be able to attend all of them so any and...
  17. nymets1104

Beta Map [MAP]WF-Omaha Beach

DOWNLOAD WF-Omaha Beach B2 HERE Subscribe in Steam Workshop Here **VERY IMPORTANT*********** This map requires that the Heroes of the West MOD is installed which can be downloaded here or subscribed to in the Steam Workshop here** This map also requires that you have the Heroes of the West...
  18. nymets1104

Level Design Revolving Attack-Defend Map

For a new map I am planning, I wanted to have Allies attack Axis forces to a middle point of the map. At this point, the Allies would become the defenders and the Axis would have to push them back. So each cap locks as it is taken and when Allies capture their final obj, this objective then...
  19. nymets1104

[Movie] The Man in the High Castle

A new Amazon Original Series that is based on the 1962 book by Philip Dick. The story details an alternate history in which the Axis powers win WW2 in 1947. The United States divided between Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan.
  20. nymets1104

Level Design Dark Patches on Terrain

After doing a Full Production Light build, I continue to get these dark squares on the maps terrain. Terrain Statistics: 6 Terrain Layers each with one Terrain Material Each terrain Material has a single material with 2 textures (12 total Textures) I deleted one of the terrain Layers and...