• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. S

Audio Immersion - Positional VOIP

This is a thin argument. I can accept VOIP (or positional chat, whatever you want to call it) not being implemented on technical grounds, but to suggest it's not a good idea because of the type of the game isn't convincing. Taking Insurgency as an example, it works very, very well there...
  2. S

Something needs to be done about stacking

Unfortunately, this has been an issue since release. I doubt it's going to change.
  3. S

RO2 Why 2x zoom is wrong.

What's interesting about this debate is Dslyecxi made an argument for zoom in his writeup of the Ostfront beta, and I agreed with his arguments, but with hindsight, I think he's wrong in the context of RO2, because of the game's other design decisions. Zoom alongside the stellar shooting...
  4. S

Heroes of the West (Western Front mod)

This has got me really excited. I just need some time between kids and job to play! Interests me that I think the development timeline is a bit like Darkest Hour; it's come along at a similar point in the base game's life. Who knows, it may become the dominant game mode.
  5. S

RO2 MG42 needs a nerf

Accuracy of what? Are you defining that as membership of the Nazi party, or as a member military arm of the Third Reich espousing and acting towards that regime's goals? Both are valid. Why would such a distinction be important to you? That sails awfully close to the notion of the good German...
  6. S

RO2 MG42 needs a nerf

I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with Axis being referred to as Nazis, and neither should anyone else.
  7. S

RO2 MG42 needs a nerf

Play RO1/DH, you'll see how it works.
  8. S

RO2 MG42 needs a nerf

If TWI revisit MG's as Yoshiro hinted, the days of the MG player as a MOUT assault class are done, as well they should be. The MG has class has been problematic in this game since the beginning.
  9. S

RO2 MG42 needs a nerf

MG'ers may be in for a rude awakening in the near future.
  10. S

RO2 My GPU died, please help me to choose new GPU only for Red Orchestra 2! :)

I've got a 550ti and the game runs fine. RO2/RS runs excellently considering there's frequently a lot to draw on screen.
  11. S

A Mystery for Me

Plus ca change
  12. S

RO2 The community should make a commitment.

Yep. Also, this idea that people stick one team, and that it isn't unusual, I'm not convinced. I play Insurgency, RO/DH, DOD:S and I do not see it anywhere near the extent I do in RO2. I think it is a matter of equipment and map balance. I'm sure if the maps were a little better it would be...
  13. S

Have the powers that be decided on the games next move yet?

Honestly, I've not had the Apartments-Barracks-Elevator-Kurgan run for a year or so.
  14. S

I've told you how many hours I have, and what I've observed, as have others. If that's not a suitable standard of evidence for you, we're not going to get anywhere. So you can humblebrag about in on the internet? So there is team stacking. Wait, no there isn't! Yes, there is! But people are...
  15. S

Tonight on one server an Axis player complained the newbies were making beating the Soviets too easy. That's the mentality, right there.
  16. S

I'm the definition of a casual player - I've got about 120 hours in RO2/RS. Here's the interesting thing: I use auto-select religiously; I end up as allies most of the time, and I am on the losing side most of time. Here's another interesting thing: I have never played Axis on Bridges...
  17. S

It is modern gaming that has done this. From mobile, console, and desktop, the drip feed of updates and DLC has now become the norm. Thus, if users do not see frequent occurances of either they start to fret.
  18. S

Playing SL

This seems to be worse in Rising Storm. I'm still new to RS so It's more gut feeling than anything, but spawn-on-SL seems a lot more dangerous and disorientating, to the extent I now avoid selecting it as I'm tired of teleporting right into enemy fire.
  19. S

I'm not sure what it is you want. The game is clearly in the twilight of its development life, and there's a steady stream of things to play with. ROOST as standalone pinched out around 2009, and was popular until this came along. Yoshiro has said they'll be revisiting the MG-42 (if not all MG...