• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. O

ridiculously big updates

Love the rural life in Nebraska. Moved here after retired as NYPD as second career after 23 yrs. in the Army. Wife is from Nebraska she convinced me. Hunt from my back porch, built a MX track on one of the pastures (myself and grand daughter ride, plus my vintage group comes over), ability...
  2. O

How's things?

As we used to say: SSDD. The game and games have basically stagnated. This vehicle upgrade is just icing patches on a cake that everyone stuck their fingers in.
  3. O

ridiculously big updates

Some of us who live in rural nowhere do not have the luxury of cable anything. Satellite TV, Satellite Internet, even Satellite Radio. And we choose to be out here away from the crowd. Fast enough for gaming as I can play anything, but downloading or uploading...like I said 15.5 hours for...
  4. O

ridiculously big updates

Try this update on a rural uni-fi satellite system 15.5 hours to download main, then probably more maps to download...see you all maybe Friday.
  5. O

RO2 no one is bothered that attack/attack maps are always biased against the russians?

I have called it 'Herding Cat's' for years. The Hollywood concepts rather than proven small unit Infantry tactics. Infantry for 23 years, and still having 'fun' going stealth and watching and listening to the 'experts' explain to the troops why everything is everyone else's fault. Leading by...
  6. O

RO2 no one is bothered that attack/attack maps are always biased against the russians?

The primary balance issues are not the maps, but the skill set of the players on both sides. There is a tendency for experienced players to stack the German side, leaving more in-experienced troops on the Russians hence the performance difference, it is not the maps. Too many see the lack of...
  7. O

RO2 Serious suggestion about PTRS.

Right now there is no true counter to the 'tanker' who understands his role as a support weapon. Standing at range using his mg's and mini artillery (HE) and staying out of suicide run distance of enemy AT and engineers, the ATR is the only option, other than arty and a good tanker will keep...
  8. O

Games getting boring

Many of us were 29th back in the DH days. Too much 'drama' in the headshed and restrictions on troops to protect the 'few' for many of us. Same names 'in charge' so don't envision much of a change to lure us back. Enjoy your experience.
  9. O

HoS/RS Weaponary Stats Database

Do you understand ballistics. What causes the damage in the body is the shock cavity of the round passing through the bag of water that is man. For example the 5.56X45 at close range and higher velocity over penetrates and creates little shock damage and usually a through and through hole...
  10. O

HoS/RS Weaponary Stats Database

Originally Posted by aaz777 MP40 has more penetration that PPSh? xxDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD are you kidding me? 9X19mm vs. 7.62X25mm. Simple physics. 9X19mm 124gr bullet, 1312fps, 518j 7.62X25mm 90gr bullet, 1340fps, 488j Real weapons have very distinct recoil and buffer...
  11. O

Campaign sucks because...

The randomness of selection is one of the unknowns that makes the game still balanced. Once you make it so a private is a private forever, that player will leave. You can not market a public game to the 'few' and then expect everyone else to enjoy being hammered by the few repeatedly with NO...
  12. O

Campaign sucks because...

It is strange, that some people still think everyone has to win for it to be fun, but forget in a two TEAM game one TEAM usually loses, nature of the game. Even in checkers As usually there can be LT's(TL) that can not find his arse with both hands, nor have the communication skills to order...
  13. O

Games getting boring

Was gone for over 6mo before returning, and yes finding the same thing that bored me the first time. That's why my primary play is on our private server, a well structured and friendly group of ex servicemen(and a woman) and a few invited guests. Strict rules of behavior and language, good...
  14. O

Games getting boring

The don't tell me how to play in a TEAM game from the STFU and other idiocy crowd is a fascinating study. Your job whether you know it or not is to just support the 'Hero' in his task and goals, the TEAM goals are secondary. One of the reasons I 'vanished' from the Pub realm and occasionally...
  15. O

Games getting boring

They came at us in the usual way, and we defeated them in the usual way. I remember hearing that about a battle here and there. The game has turned into WW1 styled combat with WW2 weapons. Charge up the middle en masse, use up your reinforcements, hope you lost less than they did, and maybe...
  16. O

Weapon malfunction

That is partially my point. Players want 'reality' in some aspects, but yet do not in others. The ideas on this forum are all over the map, players complain they don't have as one put it, players want 'lasers', and then in the same thread want 'accurate' representation of the weapons real...
  17. O

Weapon malfunction

Why is there no chance of a weapons malfunction? Misfires, jams, nothing. The early PPsH was notorious for jams as the initial drum magazines malfunctioned. The MP-40 if mag was inserted wrong or stressed on (held)jammed weapon. The MG-34 would have extractor problems and double feed on...
  18. O

RO2 Weapon/role balance in ro2 and historical accuracy.

The RPG-40 was a high explosive 'blast' grenade, the shock wave of the explosion punched a hole in plate (20mm penetration the usual norm) or created a massive 'spalling' opposite the blast, small hot shreds of armor plate zinging around inside looking for something to go 'boom' or bleed. This...
  19. O

MP-40 vs. PPsH-41 recoil....it is called physics. Wanting it to happen and actually to have it happen as wanted, and the way it actually works are quite different. The MP-40 does not 'dance' as much as the PPsH-41 based on the the actual physics, to include, balance, weight of bolt, recoil...
  20. O

The design of the MP-40 and PPsH-41 are the difference. The MP-40 firing the 9X19mm with the simple blow back design, slower rate of fire, and higher weight of the bolt minimizes recoil, plus the telescoping return spring guide acted as a pneumatic 'buffer' that yes did reduce the recoil even...