• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Aleflippy

Boss idea for KF2/KF3: Surgeon General.

Matriarch is definitely the hardest, but while Hans haven't scared me in years... I still struggle against the Patriarch unless my team is very coordinated. Admittedly, I learned how to deal with him fairly well, even in solo, but he can still chew through players quite fast. But there's no...
  2. Aleflippy

Killing Floor 3 - SI-07 (CYST) Reveal

I agree. But I also believe that it is part of the Bloat's core identity... The obvious comparison would be the Boomer from L4D. If we ever get a sequel to that franchise, I'd be quite impressed if this infected suddenly became tankier and didn't attract the horde for example. As for slowing...
  3. Aleflippy

Add the legendary map in KF3

You do realize that Cod and CS both recycled iconic maps times and times again? And both are PvP, not PvE either? So obviously, their layouts will have a different, yet significant impact on gameplay. I believe SOME maps from Killing Floor's lifespan truly are iconic, but usually more for...
  4. Aleflippy

Killing Floor 3 - SI-07 (CYST) Reveal

Foreskin head ! Now that's a much better design than the weaklings we had in KF2... Standing at 1.93m tall no less? Can't remember them being that tall in the second game either ! Sure, they're maybe a tad too similar to the possessed from Doom... But at least, they look like proper monsters...
  5. Aleflippy

How about KF3 is more like KF1 and not more like KF2?

Disregarding all your points (although they're very interesting and should OBVIOUSLY be considered to shape up KF3's playstyle and game feel), I'm personally standing with the idea that KF3 should go overboard with either of these designs. Either go back to KF1 and make movement pretty damn...
  6. Aleflippy

What are the optimal weapon loadouts for each Perk these days?

You already got pretty good answers, and I believe checking out some Steam guides or dedicated KF2-youtubers would definitely provide all the info that you need. Hell, you might as well try to jump into a harder game with competent players and ask them for advice. But since it's a forum and...
  7. Aleflippy

Gameplay ideas

As usual, I fully back up Onion's claims. He certainly put everything into perspective way better than I would have. I'll simply return to the comment directly addressed to me: yes, the Fortnite comment was both easy and quite dismissive. And I'm sorry it came off that way but...
  8. Aleflippy

Gameplay ideas

Fortnite much? I remember a mod for the first Killing Floor that added turrets... I can't quite remember how good/bad they were, but I do have some core memories from KF2's drones. They sucked. Plus, unless KF3 somehow goes back to a more grounded, slower pace compared to KF2 where the best...
  9. Aleflippy

Breakable walls and stuff

Well, we just had a discussion about how impactful such changes could be in a franchise like Killing Floor, but since it was more focused on increasing movement tech rather than making the maps and their environment more interactable... I guess it warrants a few extra tidbits of information...
  10. Aleflippy

Killing Floor 3 Suggestions

Well... The thing is that it's indeed a very Titanfall thing to do. I don't believe any other game truly managed to replicate such movement tech. And barely more even tried to do so. Hell... Remember how Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare was trashed before release? Because people got super mad we...
  11. Aleflippy

Release date of killing floor 3 xd

Short answer? Nobody knows so far. Tripwire released the announcement trailer six months ago, which basically told us nothing other than the game was in development... And nothing has emerged so far. The usual idea would be that the game is far from being complete if they aren't showing...
  12. Aleflippy

The most important thing KF3 needs...

NFTs have been memed to death. So much so that you'd be hard-pressed to find your average gamer being interested in them in the first place. Hell : they've been dunked on so much that I still don't even know what their perks are... outside of having something "unique" (and even that uniqueness...
  13. Aleflippy

The most important thing KF3 needs...

I'd sum it up by saying that, as a rule of thumb, anything that changes gameplay mechanics in multiplayer games should be given for free, or at least BE AVAILABLE for free, even if you have to grind for it. That way, you save up on the difficult dilemma of either having powerful weapons that...
  14. Aleflippy

Voice Actors of the game?

I do wonder if gaming studios have any say in which voice actors they hire, especially for localization. I remember the first Killing Floor having a very amateur French dubbing, that got added quite later down the line too. It was super funny, and totally in-tone with the game! But I doubt...
  15. Aleflippy

My gratitude towards KF2, Suggestions for KF3, and an important question

I'd say KF2 also did a few stinkers, which were abundantly discussed on these very forums. The most obvious culprits being : content creep, power creep and a pretty unsatisfying business model (or should I say MODELS). One could also lambast the last few years of updates as being pretty boring...
  16. Aleflippy

No, Killing Floor 3 doesn't need an attachment system.

A video I saw recently kinda sums up perfectly what I think of that whole principle : by making each weapon highly customizable, you effectively remove all of their uniqueness. What's the point of having ten assault rifles when most of them function the same already? And even small differences...
  17. Aleflippy

The Weakest Perk

If only I could get rid of that atrocious scope ☠️
  18. Aleflippy

Map reward system

I like the idea of having something a little less straightforward than the "hold the zone" objective. Not only does it get pretty repetitive after a little while, but it's also rarely worth the trouble... Either it will happen too late during the game and you'll already be at max power, it will...
  19. Aleflippy

Virtual Reality - Do it before Praydog does

I guess VR is still a pretty niche market within the gaming community. I was truly hoping Half Life Alyx would be the one game to usher a whole new gaming era... but it didn't really happen as far as I know. I suppose it comes from a pretty vicious circle : people don't buy VR games because the...
  20. Aleflippy

It is a recession with all these tech layoffs

Well... That does sound pretty scary indeed. But why such a post on the Tripwire forums of all things? If you meant to kick up a debate, I'm afraid there's not much to be said as mere gamers. Besides buying games, what else can we do? And even then : that might not be enough, depending on how...