• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Shadrach

Turn off the semi-transparent killog background?

Sure, there might have been something that's been there a long time, but now so much more noticeable. Anyway, sure I will get used to it in time, just thought it looked bad. And you made it less transparent, not more - or more opaque if you will :) Too bad it can't be customized...
  2. Shadrach

Now two clicks needed to enter server browser :sad:

Thanks for that - d'oh I didn't think of that, probably would've figured it out sooner or later anyway :) Oh and just tested - it works, but it could certainly be clearer. Like a different field when hovering the cursor over it. And it should have a text-popup on cursor stating "Go to server...
  3. Shadrach

Unable to see commander as radioman after latest update?

Thanks. Yeah, I think this was only on this one server, I think PBS, they run some kind of mutator. Kind of silly though, it makes radioman almost useless.
  4. Shadrach

Unable to see commander as radioman after latest update?

Not really sure if bug or new 'feature' - nothing mentioned in the changelog. Or maybe the server was running some custom mod, not sure. I tried asking but got no reply from the usual hateful gaggle of 12-year olds.
  5. Shadrach

Now two clicks needed to enter server browser :sad:

What was the thinking behind this? Most players have their favorite servers they know is populated, or prefer to enter and sort by ping to find a suitable one. Now it's another click to get to the same place. I think a lot of players have no need for this console-ish find server feature, and...
  6. Shadrach

Turn off the semi-transparent killog background?

Is there any option to disable the semi-transparent background? I think it's new to this latest patch, even if it's not mentioned in the changelog (from a cursory look). I just think the square is too distracting.
  7. Shadrach

Rising Storm 2 Documents folder

Yeah insisting on using the user profile to save the cache, often several GBs, is a Bad Idea. But probably if they saved it in the game directory there's a risk it would be cleared on update. Use something like Symlinker (https://github.com/amd989/Symlinker) to create a directory link...
  8. Shadrach

Map file location & the game cache

Yeah, it's really bad behaviour of Unreal games to store lots of cache in the users' Documents folder, in Windows this would be on the system drive which is a PITA when it starts filling up. For precisely this reason I have linked the "My Games" folder to the same drive I keep my games. I...
  9. Shadrach

TE-AnLaoValley - is it meant to be this open?

So I had a play tonight of the TE map, and it appears the base is blocked off for the NVA from the start now. Not sure when that happened, gotta remember to actually check before posting, d'oh. So yeah basically ignore this... Although, it was kind of really unbalanced in favor of the US, might...
  10. Shadrach

1.02b Hotfix

Thanks for the scope fix guys, appreciated!
  11. Shadrach

TE-AnLaoValley - is it meant to be this open?

Obviously this map is based off the SU version, and SU is a completely open map structure. However, for TE I think it doesn't make much sense. After all, it's supposed to be a linear struggle culminating in the epic capture of the Hill Base overlooking the valley. At the moment the Base is...
  12. Shadrach

What's the logic behind what side is which on the tactical view progress bar?

This has come up on chat several times, and it seems people are confused which side is which. Some claim left side is always your team, but it for sure isn't always. Is it the defending team on TE maps thats always on one side? I wish there was a marker to more easily see which is your side...
  13. Shadrach

New update - very laggy, especially using sniper scope

Thanks Yoshi. Here's my system stats just in case anyway :) Operating System Windows 10 Pro 64-bit CPU Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz 40 °C Haswell 22nm Technology RAM 16,0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (10-10-10-30)...
  14. Shadrach

Music Video Thread

You mean like this? By the way, 20 years, damn...
  15. Shadrach

1.02 Hotfix

Would you please, please with sugar on top, fix the sniper scope lagging as well? I think it's for both teams but at least I saw it for the US XM21(?) sniper. Everything in the scope lacks animations and just moves statically around, very hard to aim.
  16. Shadrach

New update - very laggy, especially using sniper scope

On the 40-1 server today, full server, started lagging a lot for everyone, high pings, 100+. Usually its a very low-ping server for me. I was playing the sniper role, and through the scope everyone was stuttering all over the place, no animation and "lagging" movement. Seemed ok when not using...
  17. Shadrach

New update broke scoreboard

Yep, same here, lots of players reporting it. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1104519416 Maybe it's related to Windows 10 DPI scaling?
  18. Shadrach

Any way to change the (horrible) yellow/gold color of "Orders" text?

It just stands out too much and looks bad, I think it should be toned down a bit. I understand it needs to be visible for important stuff but a little subtler would do nicely. I guess it's this from the change log: "Changed the color of 'Orders' text from grey to gold to increase readability of...
  19. Shadrach

Are Flamethrowers Overpowered in Game?

I think the range is probably fine - just make the guys slow as hell so we can avoid the über-flamer super-athletes running around behind enemy lines burning everything. They are carrying a huge massive load on their backs. Make their speed walk-only, it should sort things out. And only one...
  20. Shadrach

Artillery Spotting from Loach does not work

Thanks for that, it makes things a bit clearer. Although, it states nothing about using the "hold breath" button in the tutorial. It's not often one gets the chance to actually use this so it will take some time to actually see if I can make it work now. It also seems kind of silly you *have*...