• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. L

Why no one life game mode?

In pubg you have ability to revive your friend. So your friend can get a second life. Reviving is not something what developers wants to see in RO games. Unfortunately. Countdown in RO2 was not popular.
  2. L

Squads and Weapons

Best suggestion in last 2 weeks. Yes, amount of roles available should be per squad, not per game. Also squad leader should be able to change roles inside his squad. So he can assign any role to any other player. More people play in squad - more different roles should appear. Squad leader is...
  3. L

Proximity Voice Chat, Knife, and Medics?

What makes you feel calculating a distance is expensive part? How many distance checks can server perform per 1 second? Quick answer: server can do around 178571428 2d distance checks per second. So if you will check distance 4096 times per second it will cost you around 0.002 percent of server...
  4. L

Imagine, while you wait for respawn - you can get notice - that you are about to be revived and you can press N if you want to decline. You are faster in battle and you are again with your teammates. +1 reason to play with teammates, right?
  5. L

You dont need to do line traces for local voice chat, right? You just attach the audio source of a player on his character and engine will do the rest.
  6. L

Make teamplay fun and the core of this game.

This topic is 14 years old starting from 2004 when red orchestra mod for unreal tournament was released. Firefights was always extremely fun in all red orchestra games, but teamwork was always very weak compared to other good games with good team play. The only thing changed from that days - is...
  7. L

Vaulting over objects (needs improvement)

Yes, vaulting is strange and comes with strange delay. For example, vaulting in Wildlands is just perfect. Never saw any issues in Wildlands and frustrating with vaulting in RS2. I suggest to change it in that way: if you press Space - then it automatically vault over all objects in front of you...
  8. L

Closed Beta 5 Survey Results

In the survey I noticed questions about bleeding like: is it too fast? is it too slow? and there was no option "is it just right?" Because I think bleeding speed is just ok. (even if I voted its too slow or whatever)
  9. L

If you don't want to rely - you use old system. Respawn on a base, bandage by yourself. Thats it. Military simulators like Arma or operation flashpoint has medics. And they are still more realistic than any RO/Rising Storm. Current gameplay on Rising Storm game is VERY arcade game.
  10. L

A Medic using pure magic to heal friendly is much better that soldier's magic which allows him to spawn on his teamleader. So remove "spawn on teamleader" add "medic magic" then we will be in same "magic" level but better gameplay.
  11. L

CWB 5 feedback

Same old issue - faster pc you get more choises of weapons you have. Its like devs never learn :(
  12. L

sound problems - questions

Same for me. Sound is very uncomfortable
  13. L

CWB 5 feedback

Not in all RO games. In some RO games you have to wait about 30 seconds to respawn. Or to wait until next countdown point. Current implementation has mix of some very hardcode and very arcade features which makes this game too niche (arcade players and hardcore players most probably will not...
  14. L

CWB 5 feedback

Man, I played all possible RO games starting from UT mod. Including RO Mods like Darkest Hour. Im with Tripwire interactive more than 10 years. And yes thats my opinion. Can I have opinion please?
  15. L

CWB 5 feedback

Another issue: When playing with 64 players server - any voice communication was not helping but disturbing. I have no idea where this guy is and what is he talking about. Instead, local-only voice could be a nice thing. Radio only for squad leaders. So if I hear someone - he is nearby. Also 3d...
  16. L

CWB 5 feedback

Good: - Graphics is very nice - Create spawn for your squad is nice feature - Squad system is better than in RO games - Firefights are nice (as in all RO games) Bad: - Sound is very strange - man running in a jungle should produce a lot of sound. I hear nothing except light footsteps...
  17. L

Closed Beta Wave 5 Start and Changelog

The game looks good. UI, loading screens, main menu - everything looks very polished. Good work with details. Going to write full feedback a bit later, but there are still a lot of things to improve.
  18. L

Squads and Firefights - More Details

Guys I support you greatly with waypoint system. It is really supperior over spawning on SL. When played as SL in RO2 I found the best tactic to hide somewhere near objective to allow my squad spawn on me and rush to the objective. When played Squad - Squad leader can spawn on its own waypoint...
  19. L

PC Gamer Weekender - Everything that happened

When you bring something close to your eyes - you have an ability to look throw this object as it would be semi-transparent. Take small blade of grass and get it to your eye. Put focus into endless. Example: http://img1.liveinternet.ru/images/attach/c/11/116/363/116363273_23.jpg This means when...
  20. L

Squads and Firefights - More Details

I don't like how respawning on a squad leader works in RO. Its hard to get into 1 squad with all friends. Sometimes squad leader dies before squad members and your squad is broken. Not to mention, how people are appearing on the battlefield. They just appear from air in the middle of the field...