• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. BuenaventuraDurruti

Minor change to campaign

Just a minor suggestion regarding the attacking/defending roles in campaign. I think the initial role should either be randomized, or alternate between axis and allies at the start of each campaign. To clarify, I am only talking about the first round of each campaign, which as of now is always...
  2. BuenaventuraDurruti

Tactics A thought on calling in Rockets

I know that most people are of the mindset that one should never call a rocket strike. Usually, I completely agree. The cooldown time and lack of an ongoing barrage make this a generally ****ty call. I have found one instance where a rocket strike is just what the doctor ordered. First, there...
  3. BuenaventuraDurruti

Mutany

Roughly a fifth of games I play usually involve my team loosing, but also having a good portion of the team, sometimes (but rarely) myself included, blaming this loss on bad Commanders or Squad leaders. Given that there are quite a few people who see both roles as an easy way to a non bolt...
  4. BuenaventuraDurruti

Auto-Cancelling terrible arty calls.

Just a suggestion regarding really bad artillery calls that create a tonne of tk's. As it is, if a commander gives a truly terrible artillery call, one that kills a bunch of his own guys, and gets auto kicked, then there is no commander to cancel the call. My idea is that if a commander leaves...
  5. BuenaventuraDurruti

What time do people play?

Just a random question I thought of throwing out there. What time of the day/night do you tend to play the game at? The answers I think have alot to do with how high your ping is, based on whether most people in your time zone share the same habits as you. For myself, I work nights, so my prime...
  6. BuenaventuraDurruti

Include bayonet as an upgradable weapon.

Ive always found it interesting how bayonet kills, while probably the most satisfying, are the most undervalued and do not even show up on the screen after a match, or even count as a kill for the weapon they are attached to. I think that bayonets should constitute their own weapon, with...
  7. BuenaventuraDurruti

Locating the shot that killed you.

Just a minor suggestion, but I think it would be pretty cool if, after you are killed, the player icon (like the one that shows where you have been wounded) pops up with a visual representation of where the bullet that killed you hit (a cross hair or little red dot ought to do the trick). I...
  8. BuenaventuraDurruti

Depleted attacking reinforcements

I think we all know the scenario: the attacking team on any given map fares quite poorly, and looses all its reinforcements. One guy is always left last, either oblivious to the fact that everyone else has died, or is simply away from the computer. Unfortunately, he is far behind the spawn zone...
  9. BuenaventuraDurruti

Mods you would like to see

I am not a modder, and I am willing to wage the majority of players have basically no modding skills. This is not intended to be a technical thread, but rather a topical one. The question is what historical periods would you most like to see as an RO2 mod? I know that some answers are already in...
  10. BuenaventuraDurruti

German "High Morale" chanting

Just a quick question. What is the music selection that comes up when the Germans are close to victory on certain maps (Mamayev and Spartanovka I know for sure)? It sounds like Wagnerian Chanting. Where is it from?
  11. BuenaventuraDurruti

German "High Morale" chanting

Just a quick question. What is the music selection that comes up when the Germans are close to victory on certain maps (Mamayev and Spartanovka I know for sure)? It sounds like Wagnerian Chanting. Where is it from? Edit- Just noticed this was posted in the Ostfront forum. Ill repost in the...
  12. BuenaventuraDurruti

Penalizing weapon scavenging

I was noticing today that it seems like a minority, or at least only half of the players on many servers seem to have bolt-action rifles, when this should be the clear majority of players. I believe that the reason for this is that many riflemen simply grab the first "Better" weapon they see and...
  13. BuenaventuraDurruti

Wounding

One thing I personally really like about this game, is that if you get shot, you are as likely to die on the spot as not. However, I think that surviving a shot should be a much bigger deal than it is. Currently, if you get shot in say the leg or the arm, as long as you can put a band-aid on it...
  14. BuenaventuraDurruti

Non-Russian Soviet models

First off, I agree with the general line of another thread that the Red Army should have a certain percentage of its models as female. I would like to add to this that the Red Army is exclusively Russian in RO2, which was certainly not the case in real life. I think that a certain percentage of...