• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. BuenaventuraDurruti

Longest Kill Distance

Not sure if this counts, but this one time on RO1 I got a 400m kill. It was literally a pixel that I aimed a couple of pixels above, and I have never felt so proud in my life. Also, I get the distinct feeling that I am wasting my life...
  2. BuenaventuraDurruti

RO2 I would rather have R03, instead of more expacs

I think that any third installment needs to be diverse and as accessible to the modding community as possible. One major disappointment of RO2 in comparison to RO1 for me is the lack of indie maps. Sure, they have a competition once in a while, but I remember the scale of indie maps in the first...
  3. BuenaventuraDurruti

RO2 Why can't the servers be asigned for different player levels

This exists as an option, but is about as unused as the range adjuster on a PPSh. There simply are not enough players to make this viable. I wouldnt mind some servers like this existing for free weekend's, as those tend to be unplayable for both vets and newcomers alike. I think that class...
  4. BuenaventuraDurruti

I don't know where to start

The only question is whether or not history will repeat itself and that one server will be "Apartments 24/7", mirroring the last server of RO1. I think the game has another year in it at the very least. The number of players is far from the worst it has ever been, I remember one point in 2012...
  5. BuenaventuraDurruti

RO2 The "myth" of german bias

I am not necessarily talking about the people who rave on about explicitly pro-Nazi stuff. I find that the trolls I encounter today are usually going on about killing Muslims. You know, because Islamophobia is todays 'acceptable' racism. I find them in servers that have anti-racism rules, and...
  6. BuenaventuraDurruti

Is RO2's whitelist still necessary?

Pure speculation, but how do we know that it hasnt already started? Generally, studio's do not announce new games until after they have enough to at least make a teaser video for them, or at the very least give some information.
  7. BuenaventuraDurruti

Is RO2's whitelist still necessary?

Personally, I would not be at all surprised if they announced a new Red Orchestra within the next year or so. Ostfront was about the same age when RO2 was announced. And it makes sense. Most of the people who will ever buy the game have already bought it, and you have to lower the price if you...
  8. BuenaventuraDurruti

Minor change to campaign

Well lets not go nuts. Just any map that is a tug-of-war already. Take Pavlovs House, the goal for both sides is the same, push the enemy out of their respective territory. Nobody is really the Attacker or the Defender. I think it is easier from the South Side of the Map, but thats why I would...
  9. BuenaventuraDurruti

Generally, I find that you are more likely to get the Call of Duty VOIP experience on the Axis team (generally horrible people saying generally horrible things), which was one of the main reasons I play Soviets almost exclusively (when there is a clear Allies Stack, I go fascist). That is not to...
  10. BuenaventuraDurruti

Minor change to campaign

Here is another idea. Some maps (namely Baracks, FallenFighters and Pavlovs House) really do not fit into the whole attacker/defender categorization. What if the first round of every campaign is one of those tug-of-war maps, voted for by all players from both sides, with the starting positions...
  11. BuenaventuraDurruti

Minor change to campaign

Just a minor suggestion regarding the attacking/defending roles in campaign. I think the initial role should either be randomized, or alternate between axis and allies at the start of each campaign. To clarify, I am only talking about the first round of each campaign, which as of now is always...
  12. BuenaventuraDurruti

There WAS a huge German bias about 2 years ago, but this has faded greatly. If there is any bias today, it really is a minor one that, if nothing else, makes it more fun to play as the Soviets. What I have noticed is that recently, there is a huge influx of new players (which is great, keeps...
  13. BuenaventuraDurruti

Tactics A tip against German bias

There is still some Axis bias, but it is nowhere near as bad as it used to be when the game first came out. I do think that the MkB can be taken out of the game though (and the ATV can also go, but it will probably be months before anybody notices). It is the only gun in the game that has no...
  14. BuenaventuraDurruti

Tactics A thought on calling in Rockets

I know that most people are of the mindset that one should never call a rocket strike. Usually, I completely agree. The cooldown time and lack of an ongoing barrage make this a generally ****ty call. I have found one instance where a rocket strike is just what the doctor ordered. First, there...
  15. BuenaventuraDurruti

RO2: Germans vs bad players

I think part of these threads is memory. The Germans, it seems, have a slight advantage over the Soviets these days, but when the game first came out, it was huge. I remember being frustrated at the constant losing that I experienced as a Soviet way back in 2011. Its better now, for whatever...
  16. BuenaventuraDurruti

Red Orchestra 2 Memes

Ok, I think I get how these facebook fillers work. http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3u61qo/
  17. BuenaventuraDurruti

Would you like to see a punish command for teamkill?

The only problem with a tk punish option is that there are people who are, for lack of a better word, assholes who would abuse the option and punish every tk they are on the receiving side of, even if it was an understandable mistake. Its bad enough when these people flood the text chat or, god...
  18. BuenaventuraDurruti

Would you play a RO2 expansion pack based on the Korean War?

Id totally be down with this. Incidentally, this was the first war the American Army fought after being integrated, and I would hope the game shows this.
  19. BuenaventuraDurruti

Naming the new RO2 Great War Mod

Would it be possible to implement manned artillery, wherein calling positions aids the people manning it in their aim? Im thinking of a less arcade version of the artillery in BF1942 as an example, but this could add a dynamic to the game. Maybe, just so the artillery doesnt totally spam the...
  20. BuenaventuraDurruti

Map title display

It would be nice if you also had the option to opt out after the map screen has begun to load. Not even just for nit picking maps you dont like, but for all the times when you accidentally join the wrong server.