• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. [GND] Jester

Drivers That Have Worked For You

Don't be too lazy to install them properly! Updated OP with this info. Many years ago I just installed new drivers without deleting the old ones, and when I finally did it correctly, I got a nice performance boost which seems to be critical for most people with Red Orchestra 2.
  2. [GND] Jester

Throughout the years I've encountered beta drivers that were perfect for me. The WHQL drivers that followed 270.61 are inferior for my old 400 series card though. :o
  3. [GND] Jester

When will there be a hardcore mode?

I would love to have these enabled.
  4. [GND] Jester

After a recent experience I decided to make this thread. I haven't seen one like this, so if this is a sort of duplicate then I'll post this info in the original. Drivers can make or break a game's performance, so here you can list your GPU type and drivers that either work well or work...
  5. [GND] Jester

can i know what the deal?

I've played in 64 player servers in Crysis Wars. I think a hack was used to achieve this. I don't even have Crysis 2, it's a disgrace. Tessellation would be a nice option. What kind of games would have ultra settings only? None, so that's not even a valid argument. But Tripwire is an...
  6. [GND] Jester

More dust from bullet hits

Yes bullet particle effects definitely needs to be improved upon for a more realistic shooter like this one.
  7. [GND] Jester

A simple poll

The same thing is running through my head. I run it maxed out at 1080p, without sacrificing any quality in the NCP, on a single GPU. I've never seen my frame rate go below 30 FPS. :confused:
  8. [GND] Jester

Its Beautiful

Well those aren't the highest settings, and graphics aren't the point of this thread. :IS2:
  9. [GND] Jester

Please fix the hit detection

Is hit detection client side or server side? I'm lead to believe it's the former given how the game plays out. I haven't had too many issues like this though, maybe it's because I have a very fast connection and join lower ping servers (under 150 ms).
  10. [GND] Jester

can i know what the deal?

The presentation of RO2 is great. I love the color tone and grain of the war movie post processing setting. Post processing in general is done well, but as a whole, RO2 does not demonstrate what UE3 is capable of and the graphics are worse than many other PC exclusives of today. It also runs...
  11. [GND] Jester

Its Beautiful

Working on it.
  12. [GND] Jester

A simple poll

Wow very close poll. I'm more than satisfied with RO2. It exceeded my expectations and my performance is fine. I only encountered a few small bugs so the game is easily enjoyable.
  13. [GND] Jester

I like RO2

Very impressive game. The bugs I've encountered are small, my frame rate has never dropped below 30 (and usually stays in the 30-40 FPS range, sometimes more) despite completely maxing out the in-game settings (1920 x 1080 resolution), cranking up eye candy in the NCP (save AA and...
  14. [GND] Jester

The Review thread

Hehe, I don't blame you. Now I look like a knockoff... if I knew that there was an active Jester here then I would have gone for a different name. :rolleyes: I agree about the performance, although the graphics aren't even THAT good. Comparing it to other PC exclusive games, I'd say its...
  15. [GND] Jester

Do graphics cards even matter?

What CPU do you have, and what resolution do you run?
  16. [GND] Jester

The Review thread

They were referring to this dude I think. http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/member.php?u=20375
  17. [GND] Jester

MP-41, Luger, G43 and MG42

Yes to P08 Luger and MG42!
  18. [GND] Jester

G41 Scoped

I'm really not a fan of the scoped G41. Like someone else said, it's a scout scope although with an incredibly small objective lens. While I'm fine with scout scopes, I don't like the idea of having a magnification scope up there (if it was 1.5x I wouldn't mind as much). Funny how I've never...
  19. [GND] Jester

RO used to be a game for men.

Firefight is definitely fast paced (although not nearly as fast as UT or CoD), while Territory and Countdown aren't quite as fast. Some level of teamwork is still required to do well in Territory and Countdown.