• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. J

Small suggestion regarding 'profile and stats' page

On the weapons page, would it be possible to have a filter to show the weapons listed in order of kills/shots fired/accuracy etc? thanks.
  2. J

'Leave the combat area' and disabling of weapons

I just wanted to start off by saying that I am really really enjoying the beta, it has a good mix of immersion and fun, I can see myself playing it a lot when its released. I have one major gripe though and that is when a zone is taken and I get hit with the 'Leave the combat area' message and...
  3. J

Weapons are too weak

Yes, I know I have played all of them. There are repercussions, you slow right down and sometimes need to bandage.
  4. J

A couple of 'how do I?' questions

thanks. I didnt figure out how to get the pickaxe because it was on the same line as the binocs, so I kept selecting them instead.
  5. J

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam (Video thread)

I know its a placeholder, but I think they could take the objective announcer out completely, I dont think its needed at all. leave the visual indicators and the players will see whats going on. It would also allow for more stealthy captures where the enemy may not notice until its too late.
  6. J

Weapons are too weak

I like the fact that you are able to take a hit or two before dieing, for me that makes the game more fun even though it may not be 100% realistic, It gives the player a chance. But I agree that taking a hit to the head, or point blank from certain weapons should result in death.
  7. J

A couple of 'how do I?' questions

A) How do I use the tripwire trap?, I've tried going prone and kneeling, but I cant get it to do anything. B) As a squad leader how do you create or pick up and move tunnels? thanks.
  8. J

Add seperate control bindings for aircraft

For players who are used to other flight sims it would be nice to be able to change key bindings for the aircraft, I would especially like to be able to invert the mouse and keep it seperate from the controls when on foot.
  9. J

RS2 Newbie and Competitive Player - Feedback

Well, I own RO, RO2, Rising storm and I enjoyed them but Vietnam is my favourite theatre, apart from BFV I didnt know of any others in that setting. I played BF 1942 and a bit of BF2 , but none after that. The majority of my gaming time years back was spent in WWII online, good times...
  10. J

RS2 Newbie and Competitive Player - Feedback

I am an old Battlefield Vietnam player, I played that game to death, loved it. It certainly wasnt the most realistic war sim!, but it was a LOT of fun and that's why I played it for so long, it could be intense, but also produced many comedy moments. So I got a little excited when I heard...
  11. J

Why this game fails to meet up to its potential

I notice so many whining commanders , all they do is whine and give orders in an exasperated voice. That is the best way of getting people to do the opposite of what you want them to do. commanding/leading people is a skill in itself, knowing the strategy is just part of it. Be encouraging...
  12. J

So my PC's fixed (I hope...) and I'm downloading RO2 - should I be excited?

I also gave up playing after a few weeks in , was just told about the patch so came here to take a look. that is one hell of a patch!.... gonna redownload tonight and take a look :)
  13. J

The Elder Scrolls V

another believer here , got the game two days ago , am absolutley hooked! Im level 7 , yet to see a dragon ( apart from the start) Im able to kill all the normal stuff - bandits, wolves etc , have had to run away from Giants, Mages, had some epic fights with a frost troll that I just couldnt...
  14. J

Your verdict on Red Orchestra 2.

I think this game is an 'also ran' , its nothing special . I do enjoy it , but it wont last. Its potential lies in the new maps/mods.
  15. J

What happened to death trades?

Had a good one last night , Im on one side of some sandbags, a German is on the other side of some sandbags a short distance away , we exchanged a few shots and then evidently went through the exact same thought process. I throw a grenade and crouch...I then see his grenade land next to me...
  16. J

LMG Hip-Firing

would be good if it could be added as a perk at a certain level, but im not sure if that would be possible to do.
  17. J

Stats Reset Coming

inb4reset and very happy with the news resets should happen more often in games I think, once a year would be nice :)
  18. J

Why is it so hard to level marksman weapons?

I agree with this , I would usually go for sniper types , but not on these maps , theres no need.
  19. J

1.6 GB patch?

prob not a patch , prob steam being random
  20. J

9 losses in a row

I always play Allies Playing as Axis makes me feel dirty....