• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. TheRealGunther

Custom Maps - Qualification Board & Forced Download

Imo the biggest problem I see in custom maps for ro2 is the engine itself.Unless its fixed after each major patch mappers have to recook their maps for them to work again.The problem is not everyone will be an active mapper recooking their maps everytime. We have already seen maps disapear due...
  2. TheRealGunther

Sick Jams yo.

I don't listen to music in game but if I did by default it would have to be Black sabbath - War Pigs - with lyrics - YouTube
  3. TheRealGunther

[Crash] RO2 Shuts Down My Computer

Indeed I played over two hours today on a non pb server.Before I logged I tried a PB server just to see.Crashed within minutes I have updated PB from their web sight not sure what to do. At least we can still play the game but our server options is limited.
  4. TheRealGunther

Computer question

Its really easy its basicly plug ins a bare bones comes pretty much built.Just plug in the parts needed all have power cable and MB conections.You may need a simple splitter to get more power supply pluggins.Just two things HDD and dvd drive needs wires.The rest just plugs right into MB.Lots of...
  5. TheRealGunther

Computer question

My advice Never buy a labtop for gaming Never buy a pre made PC You can build your own for far less and its way easier than people think. Depends on how much you want to replace if you have a desktop odds are you can still use your tower,power supply,disc drive etc. Just a motherboard and...
  6. TheRealGunther

Red Orchestra 2 Memes

https://imageshack.com/a/img826/7452/i322.jpg https://imageshack.com/a/img850/3120/uwkt.jpg https://imageshack.com/a/img707/2564/28h8.jpg https://imageshack.com/a/img194/8549/6f3i.jpg
  7. TheRealGunther

[Crash] RO2 Shuts Down My Computer

First off love RS! Getting a simular type crash except it just freezes screen with a sound loop.Cannot exit out even with cnt+alt+del have to do a hard reset.It does it pretty much everygame often mid way into the match. I have tried updating all drivers fiddled with many graphics...
  8. TheRealGunther

Fixing RO2:

Nice list I agree "one mode to rule them all " :D Seriously I think a combination of the two modes is the sweet spot. As to tank interiors while the fully rendered ones are awesome.Its more of a time sink for devs now I once heard it took almost six months per tank.Working functionality is all...
  9. TheRealGunther

where is Bridges Druzhina map been???

No server has bridges atm after every major update mappers have to recook their maps to work on the new patch.So until these maps get cooked they are lost to the game :( Like I said before its part of the unreal engine but for custom content in RO2 its a really bad system for mappers.This...
  10. TheRealGunther

Improved ROHOS visuals-NVDIA 314.07 drivers or TWI improvements?

Ya its still a good gpu and like Traxx said most games are bottle necked by the cpu.I have a 460 as well I have mine overclocked to 800 mhz core and 1900 mhz memory.Its very stable and give about the same or more of a boost than if I bought a 560/660 card.
  11. TheRealGunther

where is Bridges Druzhina map been???

A handful of maps still have yet to be recooked.I know its part of the engine but having to cook maps every update will hurt custom content.In the long run we may loose more maps than we gain.Only a handful of mappers is active in fact there was a couple that hadn't been recooked from the patch...
  12. TheRealGunther

Improved ROHOS visuals-NVDIA 314.07 drivers or TWI improvements?

The performance boost from a 460 to a 560 would not be worth 200 bucks IMO we are talking less than a 10% boost. Maybe a 660 or wait till next series comes out. Games do not push hardware nowadays so new cards from one series to the next have marginal performance increases.Nothing like the...
  13. TheRealGunther

Febuary 21st RO 2 Patch

Right even soundcards will pull quite a bit of power its always safe to go 100 watts above the recommended. Other possible conflicts \/ ........ Back too topic I am pleased with the patch notes little things like the broken forgive system really bugged me.Keep up the good work TWI! you guys...
  14. TheRealGunther

Febuary 21st RO 2 Patch

Hate your having problems after you finally get a new card Sounds like the problem is on your end ... What kind of power supply do you have ? I have heard of similar problems with putting in a new card and the power supply being to low.Cards will run with too low a power supply but, under...
  15. TheRealGunther

We need a classic mode event

Its not hard to do when the game first started it was obvious public play was not going to be the same as early Ost.Back when you pretty much knew everyone friends even foes :D made the game funner.Where teamwork was almost second nature everyone understanding what it took to win each map.That's...
  16. TheRealGunther

EVENT: classic cauntdown on custom maps

The {sBc} would support such an event as we LOVE CD! ...and custom maps We have a similar event in our weekly Bloodbath in which we mainly play CD along with custom TE matches.I encourage events like this its a great way to bring the community together.In time you will get regular players that...
  17. TheRealGunther

A class forgotten

My first two weapons to 50 was the Mosin and Kar-98 and my first to hero class as well. I have always said master the bolt and you master all weapons.The most rewarding kills comes from the bolt action. I am not the typical bolt player as well often charging into objectives before assaults do...
  18. TheRealGunther

Seriously, can something be done about ROF and Commissar's?

Every Tue/Fri night at 9 pm est on the sBc server we have the Bloodbath event.Mainly play CD as well as a few custom only TE maps most nights we have a full server.We split teams up RED/BLUE team in their own Teamspeak channel for best coordination. If anything we strive for balance teams wise...
  19. TheRealGunther

Don't run to the satchels!

Ost had on screen warnings for satchels placed close to you.There seemed to be less satchel TK's as a result.Either due to engineers not calling out them in voice.Or people listening to music in game :eek: Seriously you would be surprised how many people jam out while playing.That I could never...
  20. TheRealGunther

Classic mode, a suitable name?

I have no problem with Realism's run speed its the total lack of fatigue penalties that I don't like.After sprinting 200 m then being highly accurate from any stance.In classic you have to have a strategic approach conserving some stamina to be able to fire accurately.You can still get those...