• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. D

Aussies used MAG58 and Bren in Vietnam?

I know the Aussies had MAG58s in the borneo conflict before vietnam and still heavily use them today in unison with the minimi (60s are rare now iirc). The Bren was also in the arsenal but prolly just used by reserves. Also the 66mm LAW?
  2. D

L2A1 Flash Supressor incorrect?

It looks like the bottom weapon here in game. They seem to have got the flash suppressor incorrect? http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/e/ee/FAL_50-41_%26_L2A1.jpg/450px-FAL_50-41_%26_L2A1.jpg
  3. D

silly qurstion: what is the key to change barrels?

The old 6 does not seem to work.
  4. D

Grenadier with M79 should have an M16?

I have not played the class. The BETA wave appears to be over. So can anybody tell me if the m79 grenade launcher class has an m16 or just a pistol for self defence?
  5. D

Are weapons sounds still placeholders? M60 Especially sounds very generic.

Noticed some people above saying the voices are still to be recorded and current ones are placeholders. I am wondering if the weapons sounds are also placeholders?
  6. D

Australian Infantry? One of the US only allies in Vietnam will it be in?

Just curious whether the ANZACS will feature. I am guessing not though. They bring a few unique weapons like the SLR along. Just putting it out there This song shows a lot of real vietnam footage of Anzac infantry. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urtiyp-G6jY...
  7. D

Can we choose facial features this time around?

Curious as to whether we can choose to customise our clothing and facial features etc this time around? I notice their seems to be a lot of variety in this game.
  8. D

Immersion - How are patrols and ambushes simulated?

Will their be anything like this in game. I am just thinking about what the point of difference apart from choppas will be in this game?
  9. D

Please do not balance the weapons:

The more I consider this the more I think that there is no need for balance. I have always loved RO2 games because they do everything realistically. This comes from their modding background. They know that this game series has the point of difference of having realistic weapon mechanics. Down to...
  10. D

Four sides? Ami, Aussie, Viet Cong, North Vietnamese and chinese

I suggest these sides, remember RS1 has four sides: Side1: Americans Australians Side2: Viet Cong North Vietnamese Chinese (pretending to be north vietnamese)
  11. D

RO2 What do you think the RO2 thing being worked on that cannot be revealed is?

Just curious if there has been any more information posted about the thing the Devs have said are in development for RO2 that have not been announced yet. I cannot seem to find the thread that a dev said this in though. Wait there it is...
  12. D

RO2 Back for news on the halftrack and bren carrier? Any.

It's now been literally years. Is it still planned to be done professonally by the devs?
  13. D

2013 Russian Stalingrad movie trailer

Sorry if this has been posted before. I just saw this: So we have a stalingrad movie from the German side and one from the usual hollywood BS, now maybe we will get the russian side. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=U3AXBdfZidY
  14. D

So when is the half track due out?

Just curious now that Rising Storm is almost out of the way if the original content that was talked about and some of it advertised on steam will be coming?
  15. D

What are the current plans for the promised content?

Just wondering what is happening with the originally promised campaign mode and content like the half tracks? Any progress?
  16. D

War of the Roses - medieval slasher $14 on steam

http://store.steampowered.com/app/42160/ War of the Roses is $14 (AU) for the next 43hrs. If your not a fast paced kinda person I would not grab it though. I play this as a substitute for RO2 until we get some new content. If you like customising weapons and coats of arms in combination with...
  17. D

Anyone seen the movie OBA last samurai?

Just about to watch it. First film apart from clint eastwoods films I will have seen from the japanese perspective.
  18. D

How many computers can sit behind a router?

I am attending a LAN this weekend where RO2 is one of the games we have asked everybody to have installed as a guest pass or full game. Problem is I have memories of BF2 and more than 3 friends being kicked from the server by the protection of the day even though we were legit. Can anybody...
  19. D

Who is getting off BETA and onto normal servers for the free weekend?

Just wondering if the free weekend will encourage an influx of new players that will be faced with underpopulated servers because of BETA participation?
  20. D

Will RO2 compete with Ironfront?

I think apart from the size of battlefields that RO2 is a better and more feature rich game than Ironfront "could" be on the arma2 engine. This is my opinion when it comes to weapons and vehicle handling. Will Tripwire be releasing DLC with new features like exit animations to beat Ironfront?