• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. S

Game still stutters on automatic weapons

Still getting that minifreeze when firing any weapon with a ROF faster than a DP28. Happens on servers with a lot of actual players. So I think it is connected to having a slow connection? I have a 2MBIT line, so could this be an issue?
  2. S

I do not think there is poor hit detection.

I do not think there is bad hit registration in this game. Let's take a look at this gif. It was used to point out problems with hit reg, but I think that issue does not exist. If you look carefully, the target falls dead with the 8th shot. And it appears that only the 6th, 7th and 8th shot do...
  3. S

Micro stutter when firing MG34

When firing automatic weapons, there is a "micro stutter" dropping fps right after the first shot, which makes the weapons useless. Happens on the MG34, PPSH41 (oddly not on every map and it seems to happen more often on fuller servers). This still persists after the latest patch. I tried...
  4. S

FPS Less then Stellar

The new patch ruined it. Getting crappy performance again. In the latest BETA patch, game ran smooth, averaged on 30-50 FPS on all maps. And indicator was that when the game was loaded, on the main screen I had around 210 fps. Now with the new retail patch, all of it is gone again. Main screen...
  5. S

[Crash] Crashes when pavlovs is loaded or after it

Getting a crash whenever Pavlovs House is loaded after playing a few other maps before, during load screen or a few seconds after game start. Also getting a crash if I played pavlov and the next map starts. Looks like something memory related All with latest beta patch. dump...
  6. S

The great "I owned a dev" thread

The "I owned a dev" thread What is this about? A place for you to post screenshots showing developers getting owned by you, to be forever enshrined in history. I want to start the thread with my own first dev kill. Poor Mr Putz was shot dead by me with a C96 while hiding behind a railcar...
  7. S

Latest beta patch removed fps drop on automatic weapons for me

I would like to report that the latest 226MB beta patch removed for the most part the fps drop on automatic weapons for me. No freezing on the PPSH41 anymore. There appears to be still some dropping left on the MG34, but I can fire the first 5 shots without any lag. It is great because now for...
  8. S

WTF? Game running actually smooth now!

Just started the beta, joined the one server that appeared, a TWI one 0/64. When joining, I can not select any teams, only flying around works. But here is the weird thing: The game is running effing smooth! I get 35 fps on Barracks from the default camera angle overlooking the map (near...
  9. S

FPS drop when firing automatic weapons

When firing a PPSH41, MG34 or AVT40 on full auto I always get a violent fps drop (game freezing for a brief time) after the second shot. This does not happen on the STG44 or MP40 or DP28 however. Had this isssue since the beta. It basically goes like this: After the second shot, game freezes...
  10. S

[Crash] Out of memory crash

Out of memory crash with newest patch, had these the last 4 days after a new map is loaded, but now it crashed 30 seconds into game, looks like out of memory crash according to the log
  11. S

Crashes after next map load

Since last patch, game keeps crashing after the second map load.
  12. S

Very bad performance on medium rig

This is my PC: AMD Athlon Dual 2.6GHz 4GB RAM GF GTX465 1GB Vista 32 (Do not ask about fragmentation of my hard drive, driver updates or how much pron I download, because then I will slap you) All on medium settings. I get 10-20 fps with the average being 13 on an averagely busy map on a 32...
  13. S

RO2 modding questions

I have some questions about RO2 modding. 1. How is coding done? C++? I read a bit of UDK documentation and from what I saw the entire game code is done inside Unreal's script language? And if so, is that easy to learn if one is sort of experienced with C++? 2. Will there actually be the...
  14. S

Why automatic weapons suck in RO2 (Especially PPSH41)

All automatic weapons in RO2 suck. Because they have too much recoil. Take the PPSH41 for example. Take a look at these videos and compare that to the massive kicking you get ingame. Especially pay attention to the old man dual firing this weapon from the hip with another gun akimbo. Then look...
  15. S

Why did my complaint topic about performance disappear?

I have created a topic listing my system specs along with a .LOG in which I stated that the game runs worse than in the beta. Why did that topic disappear? I went all the way to find and upload the .LOG just to have it disappear? What the heck tripwire, you really should not remove topics of...
  16. S

American video game developers suck

.. for failing to understand that european keyboards can not access the console with the tilde key and for not offering a way to remap it in controls. Why? Why since the dawn of fps has no american developer figured this out? German keyboards can not access the console with the default layout...
  17. S

MP40 2 unlock should be booed off the stage.

I think balancing the unlucks to even out imbalances in weaponry of both sides is a very bad idea. Especially if they are skewing the historical imbalance. Example While it is cool for the german MG34 to have unlocks that offer larger magazine capacities over the DP28, it is not cool for an...
  18. S

[Crash] Barracks crash - when artillery or grenades explode nearby

On barracks I crash every time when artillery is about to hit. And also had a crash once when a grenade exploded near me. THis map used to crash 20 seconds into the game every time until I applied the fix someone posted with the RO.ini file. Now it still crashes, but mostly just when an...
  19. S

MGs a bit underperforming?

Aren't MGs (portable ones) not a bit inaccurate? I tested this a bit on the new maps with longer ranges and usually a well dug in rifle man wins against a well dug in mg guy every time, unless the mg gets to start firing BEFORE the rifleman can see him. Shouldn't mgs perform better vs rifles...
  20. S

Can we get official info on bullet penetration?

Can we get an official info on weapon penetration? So far I noticed that rifle bullets go trhough interior building walls but not through exterior walls. However I once saw a burst of MG fire (rifle bullets) go through outer walls of a building (if I see smoke puffs on the back side on the wall...