• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. S

Contemplating about buying...

There some minor issues. But the core of the game is the most convincing firearms simulation you will find on the PC. No other game nails the feeling of firing a weapon like this. And the weapon firing sounds are astronomical. It is just the sheer fun of firing guns that keeps me playing.
  2. S

Game still stutters on automatic weapons

Makes sense, however then I would suggest it could be caused by many players firing guns, which then causes issues for the CPU because of the sound. However that should be happening then too on servers with only me, few people and bots, which it does not. And it only happens if I fire my weapon...
  3. S

I am not specifically complaining about ping. In fact I consider a ping up to 200ms still playable in a realistic shooter. (I can reliably shoot guys in the nutz from 100m+ while they run sideways, with my best shot being one at 187m). However I think that the freezing on automatic guns is...
  4. S

I get the issue on both the MG34 and the PPSH41. Does not happen on the MG34 tripod however. And when playing on a large server with only bots it does not happen either (had a game with 3 human players, and 17 bots, ran smooth).
  5. S

Still getting that minifreeze when firing any weapon with a ROF faster than a DP28. Happens on servers with a lot of actual players. So I think it is connected to having a slow connection? I have a 2MBIT line, so could this be an issue?
  6. S

Hipfiring MG 34!!

Hip firing MGs are realistic in RO2. Also the gun fires exactly where the barrel is pointing at. Which is infinitely more involved and playerskillbased than the usual approach by other games that simply use a cone of spread. Also real warfare is about chaos and improvising. So if an MG gunner is...
  7. S

The bullet/wall penetration Problem

I think you might be wrong. From what I can see it probably works like this: Penetration depends on wall texture, thickness and weapon. And the walls of grain elevator being penetrable makes perfect sense because it is a civilian building. Also, while most brick walls in apartment are indeed...
  8. S

Micro stutter when firing MG34

Is this issue on the list at TWI? Kind of sucks because I can not use the PPSH41 on larger servers with it.
  9. S

I do not think there is poor hit detection.

If there is actual clear proof of hitreg failing, as in a straight shot aimed down the sights on a standing target then it exists. But so far I never ever experienced that on all different pings. And you can see that people could easily confuse near misses with poor hitreg.
  10. S

- I never had any hitreg issues - people report hitreg issues on close range but no on far ranges = strong indicator to a lot of near misses, as you can see on that gif
  11. S

This is why I think poor hitreg does not exist. because on very close range you get a lot of these near misses simply because your barrel was just a bit off target. And players are used to a more primitive system in other FPS that basically guarantee a specific cone of spread which on very close...
  12. S

I do not think there is bad hit registration in this game. Let's take a look at this gif. It was used to point out problems with hit reg, but I think that issue does not exist. If you look carefully, the target falls dead with the 8th shot. And it appears that only the 6th, 7th and 8th shot do...
  13. S

Tried turning down fx setting. Did not change anything. I observed however that it seems to be less noticable to not existant on low populated servers. Could a developer check in and tell wether this issue is on the radar?
  14. S

I would like to bump this to see wether someone else is having this issue too.
  15. S

[Solution] Punkbuster causes Freeze .

Could this also be the cause for rapid firing weapons like the MG34 or PPSH41 causing micro-stutters?
  16. S

I think it is related to amount of players on server. Not ping. I get this stutter whenever I am on populated servers even with low pings (80ms). Usually more than 10 people. If I am on aserver with very few people there is no stutter at all. And it seems to affect weapons that fire faster than...
  17. S

When firing automatic weapons, there is a "micro stutter" dropping fps right after the first shot, which makes the weapons useless. Happens on the MG34, PPSH41 (oddly not on every map and it seems to happen more often on fuller servers). This still persists after the latest patch. I tried...
  18. S

FPS Less then Stellar

Thanks for the advice, I play to get a new rig in a few months, however this won't help right now. No, I just tried the game with all audio devices deactivated and there is no difference. I made some further observations: In the retail there is, like before that last beta, a lot of LOD models...
  19. S

FPS Less then Stellar

Ripped out the complete RO2Beta folder from steam. Then I actually got fresh ini files. But it has no effect. Performance is 60% lower than in the beta. I would like to restate that i think it is something in the CPU and or sound which is different from beta to retail that causes it. Whatever...
  20. S

FPS Less then Stellar

Tried this again. However something is weird. Even after deleting teh complete ro2 folder in mygames, the game still has my old configuration set.