• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. A

[Error] FPS worse than ever

try uninstalling the Video Card drivers, and reinstalling them, can't give ya a good tech reason but it fixes issues like this for me. Not so much in RO2 but in Witcher 2 sometimes my FPS locks at 16, reinstalling drivers gets it back to 40+. This is without changing any game settings.
  2. A

Latest Update Broke Hit Detection More? & other things

While I would like the idea of hit detection being purely from the development side I have to think that it also stems from the server side. RO2 and BF3 are requiring servers to step up their requirements to give the same performance for previous titles. There is a noticeable difference between...
  3. A

[Error] I get a green light which freezes.

What operating system are you using? Is it fully up to date? I would run a system update, restart, and try again.
  4. A

My sound worked, can't believe it.

If not already done so try changing windows default sounds option to 24bit 44100. Also for Realtek audio disable the Realtek Audio Sound Manager and see if that makes any improvement. You may have to use msconfig and disable the sound manager here.
  5. A

Tactics Static MMGs: utterly useless?

I have had great success with the First MMG in October as the Axis, the one on the far left side in the bunkered room (axis view). You can spray fire into the allied advance and push to the wall, and rotate to take cover with the sandbags while still being able to aim effectively.
  6. A

[Tuning] Sound Impacts Menu Mouse Lag

This has been sporadically mentioned in other posts, but I have experienced this myself. Doesn't matter what in-game settings are. Doesn't matter Nvidia/AMD driver profiles are. Windows Sound configuration if set above 24bit 44100 produces sever Menu Mouse Lag. There is a minor affect on...
  7. A

Drivers That Have Worked For You

GTX 470 Nvidia BETA driver 280.16 All beta driver means is that Microsoft has not put their label on it yet. Seeing as how it is an NVIDIA product I'll use their product with the most performance. Beta in this case does not mean 'tester'.
  8. A

After a day of playing the BF3 beta..

I want to fly the Recon plane in RO2... only then will Tripwire's RO:HO be perfect. I think BF3 is fun but too much of the same, BFBC2. I mean who needs optics when you have realistic field of view Vision?
  9. A

[Solution] nVidia Users with Lag/Poor FPS - Read This

I also recommended 1 Yes, maximum pre-rendered frames.
  10. A

Go to Manage 3D in the panel, select RO2 as program (stated above somwhere I think) The option is a drop down box. Default is 3. Turning it to 0 sometimes causes issues. Experiment with them and see if having more or less helps.
  11. A

[Question] Sound buzzing/crackling

I also have this card. I find that when Recon planes are called sometimes I get a hiccup as the buzzing/airplace noise starts to play. I wonder if a lot of performance issues/crashing is sound related.
  12. A

[Question] Physics?

Not sure it matters but check the Nvidia Driver PhysX section and see if you have it set to CPU/Auto/GPU. I'd set it to GPU.
  13. A

Set Pre-Render frames to 1, this can also help. Don't force AA though, it hides the text in menus, and 32xAA creates white lines around soldiers, no it does not highlight them.
  14. A

Please remove RO2 style quick scoping.

Remember 100 Meters is a relatively short distance for a rifle. Less than 100 meters is easy. The sway is effective when you try to engage at 250+ meters. While you can still get that quick shot off successfully at this range your less likely to be able to do it continuously. This is...
  15. A

Graphics card

^ check out your powersupply to see if it can handle a higher tiered graphics card. Most common issue with store bought PC's trying to upgrade.
  16. A

list your hardware in this thread if game runs perfect for you

You can tell the difference when the FPS jumps from 60 to 30, and input lag. These are the 2 common performance items people attribute to wanting to have 60+ fps all the time. 0 input lag and a locked 45fps would be perfect in my book, the fewer changes in FPS the better the gameplay.
  17. A

More mouse lag since todays patch, pre-render frames increased?

In your GPU driver turn pre-rendered frames to 1 or 0. Default is 3.
  18. A

list your hardware in this thread if game runs perfect for you

Win 7 x64 sp1 Q9550 @ 3.6 Asus P5Q SE/R P45 6 Gigs DDR2 1066 GTX 470 @ 750 core - Driver 280.16 Auzentech X-Fi forte. Ultra Settings, High Shadows, MLAA, 1920x1080 resolution, hardware physics on. Nvidia Driver Details: single monitor performance mode 1 frame render ahead (default is 3)...
  19. A

[Question] Have pavlovshouse been optimized lately?

Please add detail back in. I play this game because of the attention to detail. Leave it as Ultra setting if you can. Can we manually run the original maps with the extra objects?
  20. A

More dust from bullet hits

Is this affected by any games settings? Texture settings, character detail, or Post Processing? I have Post Processing set to low and I sometimes have a hard time seeing muzzle flashes and kick ups from bullets hitting the environment.