• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. dazman76

'Axis held their weapons in their right hand while running"

Leeeeeeeeffffffffftttttttttttttt! * * I apologise deeply for the lack of intelligence in this transmission.
  2. dazman76

'Axis held their weapons in their right hand while running"

Lefty reporting for duty, tovarish comandeer :)
  3. dazman76

Promote custom maps

This definitely has some merit :)
  4. dazman76

GOTY released, Free weekend, Trailer...

I read all of The_Emperor's post, and was quite overwhelmed by the drama. In other news - I've yet to revisit RO2 since this update, but I'm looking forward to doing so now :) The changelist is epic, the feedback sounds pretty good so far, and I've definitely been missing some RO2 goodness for...
  5. dazman76

What We Are Up To - Gearing Up For Release

Cheers for the update Yoshi :) I've been off playing "other stuff(tm)" for a while now, but I'll be back for sure when the current beta gets its official release. Looking forward to it! :)
  6. dazman76

Tripwire,mark this man's words!

Man, I really don't know what's going on with this guy, or "his latest game(tm)" :) I didn't know of him, so did some research - and he mostly does seem to be an idiot, and possibly from another planet. At the end of the video, the GT site cued up another from GDC, where he did a walkthrough of...
  7. dazman76

How are APCs going to work, Tripwire?

That's an interesting thought :) I'd definitely like to see that tested, maybe in the beta?
  8. dazman76

Hello everyone

Hey there, and welcome :)
  9. dazman76

Introducing the Tripwire Interactive Wiki

I just created an account, and it worked OK for me :)
  10. dazman76

Introducing the Tripwire Interactive Wiki

Shambeh Bambeh? :) Nice idea guys - I'm under-qualified to add content due to the experience and knowledge around here, so I'll probably settle for perusing :)
  11. dazman76

Client side vs server side hit reg. dont they BOTH have issues?

Mike, what the guys are saying doesn't disagree with your point. Honestly, cheating will ALWAYS happen when there is the option. Always. Server operators and admins have the ability to stop people using these cheats, via kicks and bans. True, increasing ability to cheat does increase the amount...
  12. dazman76

Tweaking has to end NOW!

That's true, but it does depend on how the individual player reacts to the situation. Taking the previous example of max. gamma, I know it happens - but I would never do the same myself, even if I thought I was losing out because of it. I would ignorantly soldier on, and take enjoyment from...
  13. dazman76

RO2 Totally Rocks and TW are Gods of the Game World

Fair points Bob, and well made :) I suppose (assume) that the difference between the two teams (NS2 and RO2) would be that TWI are now a full commercial outfit, and therefore have adopted different processes and approaches - meaning the requirement for early cash would be higher. Slightly ironic...
  14. dazman76

Low FPS, RAM upgrade advice

Indeed - if you have room on the mobo, it would definitely help you :) That CPU is going to be giving you problems too I'm afraid - but you're starting to talk about more spend, because the mobo probably isn't ideal either. PC's hurt the wallet far too much :) heh
  15. dazman76

That might be your reaction to that particular approach, and I'd say quite a few in this community would agree. However, the sales from this community alone wouldn't suffice for returns on releasing the game. You simply cannot state, just before releasing a product, that the product is "sub par"...
  16. dazman76

It's standard for all of us - 2011 was a terrible year for buggy games :) Obviously that depends on exactly which games you buy, but I had several buggy messes on launch last year, and I'm talking AAA titles from large teams. TWI's team size unfortunately extends the pain when things are broken...
  17. dazman76

tank damage system

You know, I keep avoiding this discussion because I feel I haven't done enough tanking - but meh, every time I read it I agree fully with your statement here. I've tried to play both sides equally, and while I'm no tanking vet, I've spent a good few hours on it in RO2. Even with opportunities...
  18. dazman76

Client side vs server side hit reg. dont they BOTH have issues?

Disappointingly, this is now looking well and truly busted :) It was a cool idea though, while it kind of survived :) heh
  19. dazman76

One big diff between vanilla RO2 and the Classic Beta

I mean this politely, but that argument is fundamentally flawed :) Enjoyable game mechanics do not always fit into such wide ranges. You're suggesting that a game capable of supporting 64 players should guarantee an enjoyable experience with as few as 16. The more depth you add to your...