• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. S

Hit Detection Still Off

Well golly Bluebird of Happiness, I haven't played the game in 7 months over this issue and haven't been following updates due to repeated disappointment, still, thank you for the answer.
  2. S

Hit Detection Still Off

Probably a stupid question, but does anyone know if they've actually fixed the hit detection yet?
  3. S

Hit Detection Still Off

LOL, I actually preordered and PAID to be a DDE "beta" tester on DDE beta release back in, what, AUGUST??? It's just beyond belief that this game killing problem still exists, and only goes to PROVE what many of us were surmising back in the fall -- that this game was released a full year too...
  4. S

Hit Detection Still Off

Here we are, six months after DDE beta release, and this problem STILL isn't fixed. I think half a year is MORE than "reasonable" to expect to reliably hit a stationary target from a few feet away. I haven't played in months and honestly feel a bit ripped off by this, because in my mind it's...
  5. S

What would it take for YOU to start playing RO2 again?

Acknowledge the problems related to and FIX the danged close range hit detection? :mad:
  6. S

PC Gamer US Game of the Year awards 2012

Actually, I'm of the opinion that an FPS of the Year should register center chest shots from 5 feet away, but what do I know ...
  7. S

December 14th "What We Are Up To"

Not surprised to, as always, see no mention of fixing the god-aweful close range hit detection. Worst 40 bucks I ever spent (well, next to Stronghold 3, I s'pose).
  8. S

December 8th Update Notes

Nice to see you have no problems. I have close range hit detection, fps & stuttering problems. According to your logic, that means that everybody does, so you must be a troll who must be banned.
  9. S

Hipfiring MG 34!!

After close range hit "non"detection, it's morons like Rambutt there that have ruined the game. Come on, not even a fatigue bar for it? I mean, those things weighed at least 30 pounds. Nobody could hold them in firing position, run around, and keep that barrel in the same position for 5 minutes...
  10. S

What we are up to - Dec 7th Edition

Close ... range ... hit ... detection. :mad:
  11. S

Leading for ping is ridiculous.

I don't have a clue what the mechanics are, but I know that the close range hit detection has been a problem for me since day one of DDE beta release. Anything from point blank to about 10 feet doesn't happen, gets a bit better (but still very "iffy") from 10-20 feet, then gets progressively...
  12. S

Unboxing by clueless kid. New to title opinion.

There is a reason the Army adopted this shape when developing the new Kevlar helmets -- it WORKS. The Germans actually copied the basic design from medieval open faced knightly helmet (the "Sallet") worn during the 15th-16th Centuries. Our previous helmet design was better than the old British...
  13. S

What we are up to - The Nov 29th Edition

I am going to assume that you are joking ... I'm talking about point blank to 10 feet or so.
  14. S

What we are up to - The Nov 29th Edition

Sigh ... I made the mistake of giving the new build a try last night. One available server filled to 64 player capacity, and a few with 1 or 2 players and bots. I gave it a fair try, and found that, 5 or 6 weeks after I quit playing, I still couldn't even hit a bot in a small room from under...
  15. S

Unboxing by clueless kid. New to title opinion.

I say old chap no mo' comments about me grubby fingernails, I likes 'em dat I way do! After I spent me a good month admiring the really marvy pics of Germans and Russians and the cool black outlines around the German guy, I ranked up in 2 weeks runnin' an' gunnin' you lot wit me 'andy-dandy MG34...
  16. S

In b4 reset and stats dlc is working for new players too

Don't really give a crap, unless they're also getting the early unlocks that we paid for with the DDE ...
  17. S

Ro 2 Steam sale 50% off

I agree, pretty much downhill after Rome. It would be nice to see then move on to the Greeks & Persians next, beginning with the Pelopenneisian War, then on to the Greco Turkish wars, and finish with Alexander's campaigns.
  18. S

Ro 2 Steam sale 50% off

Pretty much my sentiments, too, a bit downhill after Rome. I'd love to see them do one something along th line of "East vs. West," starting with the Persian wars, continuing on with the Pelopennesian Wars, then finishing with the Wars of Alexander.
  19. S

November 21st Update Notes

I haven't played in well over a month. They've just GOT to do something about the close range hit detection issue a great many of us have. When at least 50% of the combat is close quarters, it sucks being about a 1.5 k/d player with something like a .80 because so many of the players you've...
  20. S

75% kills head shoots

I've gotten a one shot rifle kill on a moving target on the large park map from something like 240m. There are a few maps where 300m is possible, but ... yeah, that does seem a bit outlandish.