• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. F

Do you want shift-zoom in RO Classic?

Just out of curiousity I checked the global achievements page for HoS. Only 2.4% of players have the Rilfeman Gold achievement (225+ meter rifle kill). For all the talk of players being able to sprint forever and make 200+ meter instant shots, that doesn't seem like the reality of the matter...
  2. F

Just on my way out..

Eh, there probably was a better way than passive aggressively telling everyone you are quiting the game. Oh and people really need to stop making personal attacks on TW. Sure I hardly agree with some of the design choices for HoS, but I don't talk rubbish about them as people. Best wishes (not...
  3. F

Do you want shift-zoom in RO Classic?

Since the entire point of RO Classic is to recreate that "Ostfront" feel, I say no. I wont argue the various aspects of the shift-zoom, but simply by the nature of RO Classic it shouldn't be in it.
  4. F

MP40-II reloading is wrong

Ahh but I think they should accurately model the flaws of the design, if you are going to add rare prototype weapons you might as well include the shortcomings. But honestly it doesn't bother me that much.
  5. F

The game is dead - Long live RO:HoS

Some might tell you to stop driving by the ex-girlfriends house. I at least try to hook up with her again from time to time.
  6. F

The game is dead - Long live RO:HoS

I hardly think RO2 is "dead". Sure, it might be a challenge to always find a decently populated server, but as long as there enough players to fill a server I wouldn't call a game "dead". Section 8 Prejudice is dead, Breach is dead, STALKER multiplayer is dead, but I wouldn't count RO2 among...
  7. F

Magic the Gathering knew.

Because it isn't and Instant, Creature, Artifact, or Mana...
  8. F

On The Puzzle Of Combat...

I'm happy someone else remembers Infiltration.
  9. F

Magic the Gathering knew.

I'm sorry that card is disqualified because it isn't the proper edition for this tournament.
  10. F

Where are the custom maps servers?

The 82AB server is running Ogledow B9 24/7 it seems, and there were a good number of people on last night. I was able to download the map from the server no problem at all too.
  11. F

Worst map?

I love all the maps people hate, Red October and Fallen Fighters mostly. I also don't like the maps most people love (and insist on playing) Apartments and Spartanovka. I was tired of Danzig years ago..
  12. F

Is this game really down to 1 server?

Sadly for those of who don't like bots, there are a decent number of people who like fighting them. If only people would all join one server instead of having only 5 real players in a bunch of bot servers. Classic Mode be damned, this is the number 1 reason I'm not playing much.
  13. F

An Appeal for the success of classic mode.

I fully support Classic mode, but I am desensitized to the MKb now. I've grown so used to them being around it doesn't really bother me anymore. However, I can understand why a good number of people still loathe the "elite" assualt weapons. I would at the very least call for the option to...
  14. F

Default weapon should be country of origin

I think there is some confusion about what the OP is asking for. I agree with him that the standard issue native weapons should be selected by default. He is not advocating for the removal of equipable enemy weapons.
  15. F

Nothing wrong with a graphical updated RO1!!

I'm not completely happy with HoS, but that isn't the same thing as wanting Ostfront with shiny graphics. To say there is nothing wrong with a carbon copy is nonsense. RO2 should continue to do what Ostfront did, challenge the FPS status quo and be original, and it can't do that by being...
  16. F

DIY Tiger

So who is going to come over and help me build mine? This is almost as cool as the Russian made RC Baneblade.
  17. F

A note about player movement and momentum

Not the focus zoom, but they added a FOV "zoom" effect for when you are sprinting that makes it look like you are running faster.
  18. F

Discussion- Dug-in tanks

I don't think we would need static tanks, but rather tank "foxholes" like on certain custom Ostfront maps. Having a tank spawn in a good defensive position would be hard to get right. It could either turn out like the static MGs that almost no one uses, or it could end up OP. Instead if you had...
  19. F

Idea for "ZOOM" How to makes the Veterans happy

I like the idea of zoom, but remain skeptical about how much of a good thing it is for the overall experience. Doesn't matter much since I'll just be playing classic mode once it comes out, so I don't see why people are still beating the hell out of this dead horse.
  20. F

I, for one, want a nerfed avatar

Not really, people will find ways to circumvent or alter the function of anything beyond just a game. It happens in practically every videogame, that the players will implement and exploit tactics the developers never even considered. I'm sure that the Quake II developers wanted to make an...