• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. pie1055

Is there any documentation out there for the source code?

Try using a text editor like Notepad++. It has a "Find in Files..." feature you can point to steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor2\Development\Src\ and/or its subfolders to quickly find anything you can name. It's also a boss text editor in general.
  2. pie1055

Does KF3 support Mod development ?

I don't know how well it can being on ue5. Earlier versions of the unreal engine made it much easier to make games that supported modding to the level Killing Floor achieved. Perhaps the devs will come up with some sort of in-house method of modding ala Halo's Forge modes or run mod-interested...
  3. pie1055

Weapon Levels

Weapons are a core pillar to the Killing Floor experience and I've been waiting for the announcement of KF3 to post this suggestion as it is the prime time to look into how the series can expand the content weapons offer beyond being tools we argue over the strength/weakness of. It seems like a...
  4. pie1055

Welcome to the new Killing Floor 3 Official Forums

Modding support. The Killing Floor series was literally built on modding support, and I spend most of my time with the games modding them myself. I know that's harder to do these days(I think partially as Unreal 4 introduced blueprints over directly creating/using unrealscript files) but even...
  5. pie1055

Merc Report - Fall Field Improvements 2023

Well, technically that's only +5 penetration power on top of most shotguns' base 2. When a Bloat has 3 penetration resistance you can only hit zeds behind them for ~57% damage with the passive alone(2 + 5 - 3 = 4 / 7 damage to the next zed hit). More penetration allows you to increase that...
  6. pie1055

Read about the state of the game, plans for next year, and take the survey that will help the team in 2023

I agree with almost everything posted above, these are some great detailed posts that are finally explaining what people keep talking about on these forums when they vaguely complain about the game without mentioning anything in specific. The major problems are power creep and generalization...
  7. pie1055

Zeds Crash Another Holiday Party

You can also subscribe to it on the workshop if you really want to get an up-close look at it, there's a night version as well. It's a fun map that's not over-the-top with any weird gimmicks or out-of-place visual elements.
  8. pie1055

Merc Report: 2022 Winter Field Improvements & Outbreak

Unsure how tricky it would be to properly set up PreloadContent() calls but I think you might be able to improve/maintain matchmaking times for this feature by allowing the first player to join a server to set the server's seasonal skin setting to match their filter options automatically. This...
  9. pie1055

Killing Floor 2 uses Unreal Engine 3, Killing Floor 3 should use UE5.

I'm also pretty sure MK11 doesn't have to run AI and pathfinding for 32+ entities at once, things that both eat up tons of performance in any game/engine. Even looking at games like Gears of War, Halo, whatever, you almost never see concurrent AI numbers that high.
  10. pie1055

2.2Gb downloaded from Steam of what ?

I see. Thanks!
  11. pie1055

2.2Gb downloaded from Steam of what ?

Isn't it a little bizarre the steam version needs to be updated to fix an EGS-specific issue?
  12. pie1055

Merc Report - Targeting Advances this Autumn

Yeah it's very vague how this mode would work for solo players... I could see a decent trade-off being you only get to heal yourself during trader waves, at least. Otherwise that max HP bonus would need to be pretty large. Then again, maybe we're overestimating how difficult it will be.
  13. pie1055

Merc Report - Mercs We Shrunk The Sentinel

You never know, they could just update what the Ultimate Edition contains at a later date as well.
  14. pie1055

Killing floor loading very slow

Just throwing this out there but the game loads stuff into RAM when you launch it so having less RAM has shown to improve loading time, something I can attest to with my 8gb is that the game will take 1-2 minutes for me whilst my friends with 16-32gb and HDDs have all had much worse loading...
  15. pie1055

RPG Rebalance Idea (Feedback Appreciated)

These are all great changes that help make the demo more specialized and I agree that they would increase the fun and diversity of playing as the perk. ...That said, they'll probably never happen. Devs seem to be against perk specialization with the entirety of KF2's development and with the...
  16. pie1055

Merc Report - A Shopping List that Stuns

They typically seem to go with contest winners when it comes to community maps, which narrows things down quite a bit. It's kind of the point of the map making contests. Follow the rules, enter your map, and it might be added to the game officially if it does well in the contest. A machine...
  17. pie1055

Merc Report - Seasons Greeting from Carillon Hamlet

Reminds me of Siren's Belch with some additions.
  18. pie1055

Killing Floor 2 Day Of The Zed Event Is Here

Most likely a few days into November, at which point this event will end and the beta for the winter event will begin, with the actual event for that starting early in December. Each event tends to run for a month or so.
  19. pie1055

Killing Floor 2 Day Of The Zed Event Is Here

KFPerk_Swat.uc currently says +20%.
  20. pie1055

Merc Report - Delving Deep

If we're talking about KF-MountainPass my vote is for KF-MountainPassNight. It's amazing what a dark sky and midnight fog rolling through can do for a map that was originally braindead easy due to stupendously long sight lines.