• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. GrayveRose

Beta Map Blocked In Blocks (Alpha/Beta)

Hello all, I started a map a long *** time ago (2013) called Lego Hell, and it was a mini map based in a bedroom, with tons of legos making up most the obstacles and layout. I hit a snag with it some time ago, where the frame rate became too unplayable. I tried to fix it in a number of ways, but...
  2. GrayveRose

Level Design Static Light with NO shadows?

Is there a way, no matter how far fetched or out of the box that I could use a static light, but not have it cast shadows. I have one set to shadow already, this other one is mainly just used as a filler to help reach areas as if it was all one big body of light, I just dont want there to be 2...
  3. GrayveRose

KF [Mutator] Shop Inventory Mut

Origin: Mutator I made when I wanted a specific style of playing on my server, that forces everyone to participate in a way. Intended for challenges like Commando weapons only, etc; but also hugely influenced by wanting to prevent people from buying over powered weapons to whore during the game...
  4. GrayveRose

KF Unreal Ed - Missing Buttons and Icons

FIXED Haven't launched Unreal Ed in a while, but when I came back to it its missing all the buttons, there's just blank boxes. Ive tried to delete unrealed.ini and user.ini and such, but it just resets unreal ed's settings but no help on the buttons. Any ideas? Fix: I had an issue in my...
  5. GrayveRose

ALAudio Not found when launched through steam

Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48] OS: Windows XP 5.1 (Build: 2600) CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2833 MHz with 1023MB RAM Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 (1407) Can't find file for package 'ALAudio' History: UObject::SafeLoadError <- UObject::StaticLoadClass <-...
  6. GrayveRose

Code [Help] Chat messages on screen from Mut

Hey, I just wanted to know how the mutators code can bring up chat messages like how they appear when players use "say" or "team say", so it can display some info about its settings at the start of the game. I tried using ConsoleCommand() in unreal script, which doesnt give me any errors, but I...
  7. GrayveRose

[Mutator] Airbound Mutator

Get Airbound, for all your air needs. Control Gravity, Jump Height, and Air Control; all within a single mutator. Jump like Shaq through your favorite maps, or play Moon Base with normal gravity? Settings -Use Default Gravity: Bypasses the custom gravity setting and will use the map's set...
  8. GrayveRose

[Mutator] Zed Density Control Mutator

This mutator is derived from my other mutator which allows you to modify the spawn interval of how long it takes for a new group of zeds to spawn after the last group that spawned. You can set it in seconds anywhere between 0.00 and 10.00, now allowing decimal numbers for precise control. In...
  9. GrayveRose

[Mutator] Spawn Interval Time

The spawn interval is a setting within the KFLevelRules actor class, which sets the time interval between when another group of zeds can spawn in. This setting is considered to be a huge contributor in what makes a match/level difficult, or mundane (along with the map's layout itself of course)...
  10. GrayveRose

KFlevelrules Mut

I'd like to have a Mutator available that will change the spawn period interval setting in the KFlevelrules actor class in the map. And if a map doesnt have it, the Mut's setting will ammend on the map anyway for the spawn period interval. The spawn period interval on that actor class controls...
  11. GrayveRose

Level Design KF-LegoHell_MiniMap - Opinions and Progress

I once made a "Minimap" for UT2004 when I was in high school which was a blown up version of my bedroom, it took me 2 years but it was fun to make. Decided I'd try again but with Killing Floor, now having more experience and common sense on what I'm doing. Been working on this for 3 days...
  12. GrayveRose

Level Design House On Haunted Hill - Would it be worth it?

Decided one day to make a "House on Haunted Hill" map, which is a movie from 1999 with Geoffrey Rush and Famke Janssen and some others. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0185371/?ref_=sr_1 Thought the asylum/house would make for a cool map, but it would take a lot of work, custom models and textures...
  13. GrayveRose

Code Attach-to-seat actor class

I have no knowledge in scripting aside from how to compile and edit existing scripts, was curious if anyone wanted to make a simple actor class that extends from triggers or wherever you think is best, that when you push E within radius it will attach you to a specific actor class like...
  14. GrayveRose

Beta Map KF-Test DungeonV1/Inspired from TestMap

Wasnt sure where to put this map, I consider it finished and don't want nor need to add things to it, but because it hasn't been play tested yet by the community I figured it best remain in here till it seems pretty agreeable that its final. Map Name: KF-Test Dungeon Beta Number: 1 Playable...
  15. GrayveRose

Level Design KF-Test Dungeon

Remade thread in a more proper place, seeing how this is more for level design in general but not KF maps specifically. See this thread: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=75862 Please delete this thread
  16. GrayveRose

Simple Request Change/Default Difficulty Filter

One of the most crucial yet small error socially in this game, I honestly think; is the default setting for the difficulty mode filter when looking for a multiplayer game. By default it seems to be set to "any difficulty", which is a huge problem as a social filter/skill filter. New players that...
  17. GrayveRose

Wav Sounds Not importing/Unreal ED

Hi, I used to be able to import custom sounds into any version of Unreal Ed 3.0 (KF, UT2004). Idk if its got to be in compatibility mode or just my version of windows, but I cant seem to be able to import to any extent. Ive been mapping for multiple games using this engine, definitely well aware...