• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. J

My thoughts

+1...I agree. Play RO:Ost, or better yet ARMA the WWII Mod as its a more realistic WWII Simulation FPS Game.
  2. J

im done with this game

Well, IRL you should be able to take out the PzIVF2 early G with a T-34 from the front at around 500 meters with 1 or 2 shots, and from the flank at upto 1000 meters with 1 or 2 shots...Something is wrong with the game for sure.
  3. J

Can you enjoy the game completely right now?

I agree with others and have said this in the BETA, the game doesn't have that realistic game play feel like RO1 has ( even RO1 has many things about it that aren't realistic, but overall game play feels like it ). RO2 has the potential to be better and more realistic ( newer game engine, etc...
  4. J

An Interesting Review

I also agree with the OP...
  5. J

What RO2 needs...

+1...I'm a 'Harcore Realism' player, and agree with most everything the OP has posted, but will add additional comments under each heading. Realistic Damage System. When you're shot you can apply a magic bandage and hey-presto, you're fine again. Rather than this it should be a more...
  6. J

Pistols

Well, if you can hit someone at 71m with a pistol, then it overally lethal :rolleyes:
  7. J

Lockdown is ruining the game?

+1...I like the idea of "Advance or Die" if in Spawn...just like in a Minefield. Camping itself is a good tactic if done right to support other advancing troops...just don't do it in Spawn.
  8. J

Lockdown, your oppinoin

+1...I agree, and think if there was only one objective w/5 min timer all will be good ( not several obj in same 5 min timer...thats just ridiculous, and not realistic ). I mean, even with only 5 min it will be a hard push forward, but can deal with it.
  9. J

Hugely dissapointed.

The PVIVF1 ( in RO1 ) was armed with the short 75/24, and there was a Platoon of 3 in a each Tank Company ( along with 2x platoons of PZIIIJ early with uparmed 50/60 and 50mm front, 1x Platoon of PZIIF ( recon ) However, RO2 ( Stalingrad time-frame ) has either the stop-gap PVIVF2 with 75/43...
  10. J

Hugely dissapointed.

+1...And, 100% correct. I was also watching a few Vids of both dueling it out, and it seems they both were taking 3 to 4 penetrating hits to the front before death. However, in reality, both should KO each other in 1 or 2 shots max from 500-1000 meters...Actually, the T-34 still has a better...
  11. J

Red Orchestra 1 Mode

Exactly...And, why there were several thousand rounds of ammo expended per casuatly. Half the time troops could not see what they were trying to shoot at, and simply stayed in cover taking quick pop shots half the day.
  12. J

Red Orchestra 1 Mode

RO1 has More Fatigue as in troops have a greater loss of Stamina when running as opposed to RO2, and end up covering less ground...Which I think is more realistic. What I dont like about both games is that instant quick jerky 360 degree( turn in place, look up-down, etc ) robotic...
  13. J

"Honor" - too fast/too easy ?

+1...Agree 100% Having Honors already, and its only the Beta...God help Us All. I think by adding a 0 at the end of that 100 hours would be more like it ( 1000+ ).
  14. J

Red Orchestra 1 Mode

+1...Agree 100%, I will copy and past my previous post in same thread as I can't stress this enough. Many people except 'Harcore Realism' players like ourselves, dont understand that several thousand rounds of ammo were expended per casualty in WWII ( for most Small Arms Warfare for that...
  15. J

Why are the Mgs so unbalanced

+1...Very well said indeed.
  16. J

Red Orchestra 1 Mode

Many people except 'Harcore Realism' players like ourselves, dont understand that several thousand rounds of ammo were expended per casualty in WWII ( for most Small Arms Warfare for that matter ). The following examples can be considered the norm for a firefight. Other variables are to...
  17. J

Red Orchestra 1 Mode

yeah, that will be a problem...ex. There may be a couple servers with just 1 or 2 tweeks we like, but only 1 server with all the tweeks we like.
  18. J

Red Orchestra 1 Mode

Yes, RO2 has the potential to be better then RO1. We just have to wait and see what the Mod Community does to incorporate these 'Realistic' Tweaks. Then, find the 1 or 2 servers that will implement them.
  19. J

Red Orchestra 1 Mode

+1
  20. J

Red Orchestra 1 Mode

I also agree, and will wait till next year to see what the Mod Community will do to RO2. Ofcourse, the real problem will be how many 'Hardcore' Servers will implement most of the Mods that i consider 'Realistic'...Unfortunately, it will probably just be a couple. In the meantime, I will keep...