• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. poosh

Why there is no official KF2 mapping contest?

If you'll look how KF1 evolved, then you'll see that Grindhouse Mapping Contest (with a grand prize of $10k) was announced just in 2 months after the release of the game. In the next year contest helped to double amount of maps shipped with the game. Plus bunch of great community-made maps...
  2. poosh

KF Free To Play

First I wanted to make such thread after KF2 final release, but now I think the time has come. Seriously, who is going to buy KF1 for 20
  3. poosh

CONTEST: Survive on The Dark Zone and win Metro 2033 Redux!

I'm glad to announce the final release of my KF2 map: The Dark Zone. And while the next KF2 patch seems to be in a few weeks at least and people get bored from the game, let me entertain you with a new challenge with real prize: Survive on The Dark Zone and win Metro 2033 Redux! (click on the...
  4. poosh

Final Map The Dark Zone (Q1DM6 ScrN Redux)

Story Who cares about this crap anyway?.. Horzine possessed Slipgate technology and used it for teleporting into other dimension and built their lab there next to some kind of ancient cave. During the Outbreak specimens made their way though the Slipgate, where they defeated Quake monsters...
  5. poosh

Level Design Lightmass

Does KF2 support the Lightmass? Or there are any other way to make lighting reflect walls without putting auxiliary lights? As far as I see, similar effect can be reached via CastWholeSceneDynamicShadows, but it kills the performance.
  6. poosh

Level Design SDK: Bugs and Issues

Here I'll be posting bugs I'm encountered during KF2 level design. Feel free to contribute. KFPawnBlockingVolume Bloats and Scrakes look weird while passing KFPawnBlockingVolume, which has bBlockPlayers=true and bBlockMonsters=false. Seems like some parts are still blocked (Scrake's cloth and...
  7. poosh

PC Failed to load 'ENV_EvacuationPoint_TWO_MAT'

Whenever I try open KF-VolterManor.kfm in KFEditor or try using manor's assets, I'm getting those warning: [0041.61] Log: Failed to load 'ENV_EvacuationPoint_TWO_MAT': Can't find file for package 'ENV_EvacuationPoint_TWO_MAT' while loading...
  8. poosh

Beta Map [ScrN] The Dark Zone (Q1DM6 Redux)

Beta is over. Click the link below for the final release: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=110000
  9. poosh

Level Design Combining Static Meshes: Issues & Questions

First, I want to ask a questions to devs: Is there any technical limitations that prevent applying blood splatter on multiple static meshes or it is just an engine bug/issue? For example, shadow casting works fine with multiple meshes, i.e. shadows don't get cut unlike blood. Maybe instead of...
  10. poosh

Overwhelmingly Positive Rating

Killing Floor 2 received more than 95% positive reviews in Steam are scored the best rating despite being in Early Access. Congratulations, Tripwire!
  11. poosh

PC Alive Zeds During Trader Time

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhNZoSwBFAg
  12. poosh

PC Switching weapons while aiming doesn't zoom out

Category: Code Reproducibility: Always Summary: Switching weapons while aiming down the sights doesn't triggers zooming out. New weapon is switched while keeping reduced FOV. Description: To reproduce this do the following: 1) Aim down the sights using toggle aim key. 2) Switch to different...
  13. poosh

For those who say that sprinting is OP

try beating HoE first. Where Bloats are running like Olimpic champions and even Clots are raging. Then you'll realize that springing is absolutely necessary and no nerf (like stamina) is required. However, running with 1-handed weapon (knife, 9mm) could be faster than while holding gun with 2...
  14. poosh

7,500 keys and only 100 servers in the list

Today PC Gamer is giving 7500 KF2 beta keys. KF2 Server Browser returns 100 servers for me. 7500/100 = 75 people per server, or 12.5 player per slot. Is it going to be player stress test instead of server stress test?
  15. poosh

Server No European HoE Servers

WTF?!! After we've got all-friends team and won all 3 Suicidal maps in a row we've decided to move on to HoE. But there are only 5 HoE servers available and all of them are in USA (ping > 200). When EU HoE servers will be available?
  16. poosh

Reloading

First, make a Manual Reload option. Auto reload made me sick in vanilla KF1 and it does the same in KF2. Second, Reload Interruption. I'm glad that you can skip a reload in any time now, but the way way how it is implemented is totally ridiculous. If you interrupt reload even half a second...
  17. poosh

Killing FP/SC with 4 perks in Early Access

I suppose Munk was talking about 4 perks shown in the latest dev diaries video: Berserker, Support, Commando and Medic. And here comes a logical question, which is based on KF1 experience: how these perks are supposed to deal with Scrakes and Fleshpounds? AA12 spam? Medic block? Stupid...
  18. poosh

KF TSC2: Vanilla Tournament (TSC-VT)

I'm glad to announce the second tournament: TSC Vanilla Tournament (TSC-VT) Features Vanilla gameplay: ScrN weapon balance turned off, vanilla weapons only. 8 teams, 3 weekends. Grand prize: Metro 2033 Redux 6-pack. SIGNUP Click here to signup Tournament Steam Group Tournament Rules...
  19. poosh

Join KF TSC Tournament to win KF2 6-pack!

Tournament Summary: Grand Prize: Six copies of Killing Floor 2 (one for each team member). No entrance fee. Up to 16 teams. Two rounds: Preliminary and Playoffs. Signups: 22-aug-2014 -- 14-sep-2014. Preliminary Round: 8-sep-2014 -- 5-oct-2014. Playoffs: 10-oct-2014 -- 19-oct-2014. Click here...
  20. poosh

KF KF Team Survival Competition Community Tournament

Tournament Summary: Grand Prize: Six copies of Killing Floor 2 (one for each team member). No entrance fee. Up to 12 teams. Two rounds: Preliminary and Playoffs. Signups: 22-aug-2014 -- 14-sep-2014. Preliminary Round: 1-sep-2014 -- 5-oct-2014. Playoffs: 17-oct-2014 -- 26-oct-2014. Click here...