• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Gartley

PC Teleporting/Rubberbanding during online play.

Category: Networking Reproducibility: Always Summary: During online play player will often 'jump' forward in movement. Description: While running forward player will suddenly 'jump' forward ahead or when turning suddenly snap further round. Not governed by ping or connection as far as I can...
  2. Gartley

QuickPlay of KF:Calamity

Because I don't think the OUYA (or KF:Calamity) gets the love it rightly deserves. I did a quick stream and record. Enjoy. :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4jjGh6zFl4 Edit Seems the boards no longer embed the video, that's a pain.
  3. Gartley

PC Squad/Lobby Movement

If I create a lobby of friends and then join a passworded server I will enter but my friends are left in the original lobby with me there with the status of 'looking at server browser'. My friends first have to leave the squad before rejoining to follow me into the server. Also being able to...
  4. Gartley

Initial Review/Thoughts

Disclaimer: So I fired up my OUYA and was greeted by KF:C on my front page (handy). A quick install later, I'm in game. Initial thoughts were that while being a little low in it's display resolution it did not detract but seemed to give the game a somewhat gritty feel. Which is good I thought...
  5. Gartley

Compressed File / Fast Redirect problem

So I've been getting reports of a problem with a texture file on a mod I'm working on. The compressed file, either provided by me or that had been compressed by someone else fails to download quickly via a fast redirect url instead resorting to downloading from the server directly resulting in...
  6. Gartley

[ZED] Female Fleshpound

Female Fleshpound Description Overtime you've grown stronger; we gained access to weapons cache's, upgraded gear, developed new tech and even found lost artifacts of power to counter the endless waves of clones. Well we weren't the only ones who've been upgrading. Kevin has been busy, he's...
  7. Gartley

Modders, how many times...

...have you been asked for one of these?
  8. Gartley

Emitters

Hey folks, I've been playing with some emitters but am struggling to get it right. What I'm after is... High pressure release of Steam/Smoke . Think burst steam pipe, emergency venting etc. White to light grey. Not big, about 1' long, (Which I think is about 16 UU) and half a foot wide(8UU?)...
  9. Gartley

Code New ZED Mutator

Hey folks, I thought I'd share with you what a few of us have figured out. Between WPC and Poosh we've got a new mutator for adding custom zeds to a game. Highlighted in GREEN are parts you need to change for yourself. Later on I'll do a break down to explain how it all works. But right now...
  10. Gartley

[MOD] Arachnophobia

Small mod I put together. If you didn't hate the crawlers before, you will now. Killing Floor Mod - Arachnophobia - YouTube How to Wipe in 30 Seconds - YouTube Thanks to AmberGlass for the video and shining praise =P Download http://www.mediafire.com/?vuu8zrd32dq12ra Steam Workshop...
  11. Gartley

Code [HELP] ZED Replacement Code

Maybe I'm just out of touch but I can't seem to get this to work. I'm trying to write a mutator to replace all ZEDs with a single custom ZED. So far I can replace all the standard squads, but the special squads are uneffected. I know the monster classes have been moved to a...
  12. Gartley

So long and thanks for all the fish.

Well folks it's been a good run but it looks like it's time for me to move onto other things. The last few months I've been exploring other engines and avenues of development, Modding KF was the gateway into other things it seems. I won an award from Adobe for a flash game I made...
  13. Gartley

Old School KF

An old school KF GameType. As much as I enjoy playing with new toys the core aesthetic of KF which attracted me in the first place has long been diluted. No longer is it about a bunch of washed up ****ups from the forces scrambling to survive against the mutant horrors with what ever they could...
  14. Gartley

Server For those with modded servers.

This xmas update has broken an new record number of mods. http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?p=1164499 Here are some temp fixes until modders have the chance to fix most of them.
  15. Gartley

The Xmas event and more broken mods.

UPDATE OK, if you don't have it on your server copy the KF_DLC.utx to your server. Custom Zed Mutators are broken. Authors will have to update their mutators to get it to work with the new spawning system. Look to the new class KFMonstersCollection If you run a server with the config ini...
  16. Gartley

Code [Tutorial] Custom HUD Elements

This tutorial will show you how to add custom HUD elements. In this example we will be using a kill counter as an example. Prerequisites Creating A Basic Mutator by Benjamin Code Mutator: class MutKillCounter extends Mutator; function PostBeginPlay() { Level.Game.HUDType =...
  17. Gartley

Aliens:Killing Floor is now here!

[MOD]Aliens:KillingFloor Aliens : Killing Floor is now released! Current Version 1.2 Changelog here. That's right, after long last WPC brings you the one of the most comprehensive mods to date! Head on over to the new website to get the details and grab the download. Workshop downloads will...
  18. Gartley

Code [Tutorial] Adding A Custom ZED To The Game

This tutorial is currently out of date due to the 1044 update. I will be amending this soon. This tutorial will show you how to add a custom ZED into the game. Prerequisites Creating A Basic Mutator by Benjamin The Mutator Version 1 class NewSquadMut extends Mutator; var string PackageName...
  19. Gartley

Code Scripting Tutorials

I just thought I'd collate a thread of scripting tutorials to make things a little easier to find given that a lot have been buried now. Primers [Tutorial] Creating a Basic Mutator by Benjamin [Tutorial] Mutator Essentials by Benjamin [Tutorial] Multiplayer Mutators by Benjamin [Tutorial]...
  20. Gartley

Code [Tutorial] Re-skinning a weapon.

So you've created yourself a bad *** skin in photo shop but now want to know how to get it onto a weapon. Well first off this isn't Source. You can't simply replace your texture file and then go play on servers with the cvar sv_pure set to 0. Unreal just doesn't work that way. I'm going to...