• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. greenlemonade

Steam News Updates for TW games

Many games show the change log in Steam News every time they update. Steam news is read by MANY players and when they see updates they know that a game is getting some love and may buy it as a result. I can personally say that the only reason I bought Killing FLoor is because I saw all the...
  2. greenlemonade

RO2 Solo Campaign. One huge bug

First let me say that Solo Campaign has a lot of potential. It's different from any solo FPS Campaign I've ever seen. Many try Solo out before Multi and I'm sure that many decide to skip RO2 all together after a few levels of the Campaign. :( There are just so many bugs in it. It's hardly...
  3. greenlemonade

RO2 Steam Trading Cards!

For those who don't know, the current beta of Steam adds digital trading cards with concept art. http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards/ It's handled in a very classy way. There aren't even any in-game popups and it seems to have the same appeal as TF2 promo hats once did (I know a lot of...
  4. greenlemonade

Tank crew should spawn into the bots

I believe that tanks are often a single man affair because of Crew Member spawning. A tank can live for a VERY long time and sitting and waiting for it to die so you can finally join in the fun is a huge turn off. Often the tank respawns and you STILL don't get a spot in there (bug?). My...
  5. greenlemonade

Server Server WorkShop subscribe please

I know that giving servers an option to subscribe to content on the Steam Workshop is something on the horizon. Gary's mod servers already have this option: wiki.garrysmod.com/page/Server/Workshop I feel this should be given very high priority. Even after Workshop, there are MANY different...
  6. greenlemonade

Count Down best way to level now

I know everyone here is probably pretty leveled up, but for anyone who cares, Countdown is a great way to level now. Go find a Count Down server with bots (like this one http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/24.231.213.2:7783/) and kill some bots. It's actually pretty fun. Your weapons...
  7. greenlemonade

TW, whats the status on hiring an AI expert?

There was talk some time back of hiring someone with experience in AI to help improve the bots. Many of us are wondering if you've found someone or are working on some of the minor/major problems/improvements with bots. Single-player could be so much more fun with better AI. The server...
  8. greenlemonade

Trader menu is outdated. (no design)

The amount of weapons in Killing FLoor has increased drastically since the trader menu was designed. With such a limited time for players to shop, its is very important that its functional. The current menu has many unnessasary elements and requires too much scrolling. Here is one design I'd...
  9. greenlemonade

Server Lockdown keeps turning off

Our server is Lockdown enabled. But every time the map changes, lockdown is disabled and needs to be turned on in the web interface. It is enabled in the config. This is getting very annoying. Any fixes or suggestions?
  10. greenlemonade

Server Servers arent updating...

Do we need to use Steam Cmd now for Killing Floor? My servers aren't updating.
  11. greenlemonade

Anyone ever find fix for third-person bug?

It seems to be even more common now then ever before. Does anyone know how to fix respawning stuck in third-person? I know that admins can fix it for themselves. Also, is there a setting that prevents this from ever happening on your server?
  12. greenlemonade

The L.A.W. least used weapon in game?

In my experience as well as that of others I've met, the L.A.W. is highly underused. Rather than necro an old topic I'd just like to see if people think this is still the case. Do you find the L.A.W. too heavy, too expensive, too underpowered and in need of a small buff to make it worth using?
  13. greenlemonade

Server What ports to open; Multiple servers on 1 IP

We've hosted 2 RO2 servers on the same IP in the past by changing the game port from 7777 to something else. So: server 1: steam port 7783 (+6) 27021 server 2: 7826 (+49) 27064 Are there any more ports TW recommends forwarding? We do just fine...
  14. greenlemonade

VERY easy improvements to bots:

I know that TW is looking into improving the bots in the distant future. For the short term, here are some suggestions on making them a bit more formitable (hero bots are bad). Reduce the range that bots attempt melee: This is a very common reason for bots stinking. Reducing the range melee...
  15. greenlemonade

Server 5/30/2012 server online but not browser

After running the update today, the server is still able to be reached with "open IP" command but is not found on the server browser. Can't seem to find whats stopping it.
  16. greenlemonade

"Press left CTRL to take cover" disable (I know its old news)

I'm aware that this is old news but Everyone should try this. Go to: C:\Users\yourname\Documents\my games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Config and Edit ROGame.ini so the very last setting reads: HUDTipsLevel=2 I meet a lot of people who don't know about this. It really cleans up the HUD...
  17. greenlemonade

Server Welcome screen format??

How do I format text in the welcome screen? Like make new lines. It doesn't recognize "Enter" key and HTML doesn't seem to work.
  18. greenlemonade

Server Disallowed Roles

Does this server option not work yet? I've tried all kinds of role names and it doesn't seem to work. If this option is not available, I cant wait till its added!
  19. greenlemonade

[Error] MG bots very unaware of the world around them

Very often, a deployed MG bot will fail to notice enemies around him. This happens primarly when they are deployed on windows. They don't take notice of running, yelling, shooting being bumped into or even shot in the foot. rogame 2012-03-28 bots MG tunnel vision.avi - YouTube Allowing MGs...
  20. greenlemonade

[Tuning] Bot melee behavior

Very often if within about 12 m of an enemy bot, he will decide to melee. As long as you stay out of melee range but closer than about 12 m bots will endlessly chase you. rogame 2012-03-28 bots melee tweak.avi - YouTube This is very common in Single Player and Countdown with bots as those are...