• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Nightingale

An idea for producing variability in stock maps, with TWI's help.

On a somewhat different note, it's really frustrating to see a lot of vegetation meshes without a billboard-style LOD, even though TWI/RST made plenty of billboard textures, and then because the packages are all cooked you can't even put them in yourself. It makes optimizing large maps nearly...
  2. Nightingale

Disable MG hip fire!

You people need to remember that unlike in previous games, engagements in RO2/RS pretty mich always happen within 50m of the enemy. At such close ranges, ANY automatic weaponis going to be extremely effective.
  3. Nightingale

DP28 unlock suggestion

It is definitely possible to melt the DP barrel. I've done it several times on Spartanovka...
  4. Nightingale

DP28 unlock suggestion

Ah, I did not know that. Thank you for the correction.
  5. Nightingale

New polish RO website

I have no idea what it says, but it looks very nice.:)
  6. Nightingale

DP28 unlock suggestion

I thought DPs required special tools in order to perform a barrel swap... Not that anyone would have been able to perform it in WWII anyway... Stavka never issued spares.
  7. Nightingale

Level Design Trees, please

Contact me on Steam. I made a 7x tree cluster mesh with 4 LODs, using Wolvy's Arad trees as a base.
  8. Nightingale

Iwo Jima being horribly unbalanced?

If the Japanese ever lose A and B on this map, it is because they do not make enough use of the suicide grenade.
  9. Nightingale

Level Design Overcoming the dreaded BSP lag

To add onto Swag's post: Many stock maps in RO2 actually make use of BSP geometry in the buildings. It looks better to leave them as BSP instead of converting into static meshes, and the performance penalty is often negligible if you are only doing things like walls floors and ceilings (ie...
  10. Nightingale

Mouse smoothing for Flamethrower?

Make it so that if you try to tap LMB with the flamethrower, 1.0s of flames spills out. That way you cant tap tap tap it through buildings.
  11. Nightingale

What We Are Up To - Maggot Hill

Please oh please let that screenshot not be a pic of a microscopic funneling of 64 soldiers into a 10m wide gap. That isn't anybody's idea of fun!
  12. Nightingale

RS team, please consider altering the combat zone warning.

I dont know why Tripwire has ignored this issue for so long. Surely, the "cannot prone here" problem is less of a priority than this is. Hanto is an example of horrible spawn protection.
  13. Nightingale

In Country

How big is the biggest map?
  14. Nightingale

The Radio Man

The technical limitations of RO2 prevent us from having maps that are large enough to take advantage of radios. /thread
  15. Nightingale

Level Design Overcoming the dreaded BSP lag

The SDK becomes very crash-prone when trying to manipulate large amounts of BSP actors. For me, it crashed the most if you tried to do anything with them except for translating in x, y, or z in sequence of each other. Rotating, scaling, and mirroring should be be done on an individual basis to...
  16. Nightingale

Level Design working with vertices

BSP doesn't work well for covering up these sorts of gaps, because you will get very unnatural lighting. You'll want to use only static meshes, such as boulders and rocks to cover up these seams.
  17. Nightingale

Level Design How do TWI or how could i make "animated" static mesh trees?

Yes, these are all accomplished in the material editor. There is no need to set up things like bones. The WorldPositionOffset node can be made to be dependent on the WindDirectionalSource actor to simulate swaying trees. Open up the M_Tree_Bark_Master in RSGame, and copy-paste their sway network...
  18. Nightingale

Level Design Performance Limit of ROStaticMeshDestructibles

Ah, so destructibles only add filesize? They don't lower FPS any more than static meshes do? :)
  19. Nightingale

Level Design Designing a map

The Rising Storm team made a very nice rain effect that never made it to release. You can use that in your map and turn it off and on randomly with Kismet, and this would not be too difficult. So long as you don't try to make the density of your foliage too high, and use fog cleverly, a jungle...
  20. Nightingale

Level Design RSTE-Kobayakawa

Well this was a pleasant surprise. Good work on getting something like this completed as your first map, and in time for the contest, to boot.