• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Rak

Anyone from the UR MOD around anymore?

I meant the established competitive scene we had. RO2 has some kind of comp scene. Whatever you have now built is made from pretty much scratch. New players, new teams, new organizations. Now think about what it could be if there wasn't a mass exodus when RO2 dropped. What the scene could be...
  2. Rak

Post a picture of yourself thread

Still lurking. Not playing RO though.
  3. Rak

Anyone from the UR MOD around anymore?

I'm around, but stopped playing after RO2 got out. They made so many silly changes that pushed it away from its brilliant initial RO formula. Most of the old community left at that point. Competitive community promptly was killed by TWI to promote their own ladderafter RO2 was released, which...
  4. Rak

Call of the Day of Battlefield

RO2 was basically TWI's attempt trying to "branch out" of the niche hardcore FPS market and capture the mainstream crowd. They sacrificed their established community that supported them ever since the mod times to do this. Basically the whole Ostfront community left when RO2 launched because it...
  5. Rak

RedOrchestra.pl FightNights 2017-2020

Good to see you guys still alive and kicking. I'll try to make it to the next one.
  6. Rak

Leaning System - An ongoing problem

You really should try moving around while leaning with a 4kg rifle and a 1.5kg helmet on your head. Then tell me how good the CoD series did with it. I've been in the military, it's incredibly hard to do unless you're stationary.
  7. Rak

Weapons are too weak

And with this, RO's journey to becoming CoD is finally coming to an end.
  8. Rak

OS Update

Nope.
  9. Rak

Post Scriptum: The Bloody Seventh (a WW2 mod for SQUAD)

Looks like a non-vaporware Festung Europa. I grabbed Squad from the last sales, this should be fun.
  10. Rak

RO The Best RO Map of All Time:

Berlin from the mod Warsaw from the mod Odessa Kaukasus Koitos1944 Gorlitz if you could play for 2 hours straight . . . I didn't like any of the RO2 maps.
  11. Rak

Trying my hand at commentary videos

Good stuff, but it's too long for a review and comes off a bit rambly. If you want to do a review, you can try to structure it a bit with sections. I found myself skipping throughout the video which made it even messier. Some editing instead of a straight 1-hour footage would have been nice...
  12. Rak

RO3 is coming in 2017!

It will definitely come as the RO franchise still somehow has some positive reputation left to be milked. I'll be very skeptical about it all the way through though after what happened with RO2. Hopefully it'll be something with a clear direction and no misleading promises during the...
  13. Rak

Tripware, please, do not ruin this game as you did with RO2 at the beginning

Now that the "Red Orchestra" title is gone, I'm actually pretty happy. They can't disgrace the series and piss off the initial fanbase any further.
  14. Rak

Feedback about how TWI communicates with us and the consequences for the future of KF

This also happened with the RO2 release. TWI hates admitting mistakes (even though they affect the game balance massively) and as you said, only gives in to strong pressure.
  15. Rak

Do you block ads?

I do, I disable it for content creators I like though.
  16. Rak

ArmA 3 has more players than RO2...

As others said, nobody plays vanilla ArmA 3. 90% of the players are playing silly casual RPG mods like ArmA 3 Life or PvP mods like Wasteland and Battle Royale. Just visiting the Twitch Arma 3 section will give you an idea. You'll hardly find a server that's playing the game in a true Red vs...
  17. Rak

[Game] Call of Duty: Black Ops 3

Ahh the great yearly milking of the casual FPS audience has begun then? I hope they get a good harvest!
  18. Rak

Forums could use a comment rating system

We had a "like/dislike" feature about two years ago. Those were controversial RO2 release times and it ended up with people disliking the developer posts and upvoting people criticising the developers so much that TWI quietly removed it.
  19. Rak

Is it gonna be one huge pay and spray fest?

It might be "realistic", but it's not a good concept for gameplay for a game like this. The ArmA series feature extremely long-range fights, usually hundreds of meters so the zoom function is actually fundamental for having "fun" otherwise you'd be chasing pixels most of the time. In RO2...
  20. Rak

[Game] War Thunder

Unfortunately I can only play simulator battles on Mondays, due to me not having the required vehicles for the others. I need to play AB or SB to grind out the rest.