• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. T

Server Version 1051 East Coast USA

We're working on this now and hope to have a new server build soon.
  2. T

Every single update... [rant]

What's happening is the "KF" prefix configs in your user directory are based on the default inis from the game directory. If we make a change to those default configs, say DefaultInput.ini, UE3 wants to regenerate KFInput.ini. If no change was made to DefaultInput.ini than you should be safe. We...
  3. T

Server Game Resets and Crashes on Game Start and in Late Waves

Please send me your server logs and ini files. We're looking into this, but have been unable to reproduce the issue.
  4. T

Server Servers changing difficulty and adding password by themselves?

It should ignore servers that have passwords set, in addition to the opt-out config setting. This is a bug we'll be fixing very soon. That's very strange. The reconfiguration and password happen at the same time. Make sure to shutdown the server before you set bUsedForTakeover=FALSE. You...
  5. T

Beta Release [Mutator] Server Extension mod

Could you send me a message describing in detail what your mod needs. We made a guess and added a notification, 'OnPlayerXPAdded' specifically for modding. If this does not accomplish what you need than we need more information.
  6. T

TWI, one question about the M.E.A.T. -system!

Ahhh... hands and feet. That makes sense. Yes, this did change but it was on purpose. We simplified the ragdolls for performance reasons some time ago. We could revisit this in the future. It's not as easy to enabling for higher end PCs and not others, but there are some things we could do...
  7. T

Bullseye Update Preview Beta

We just pushed out a small update that missed the build this morning. With it PCs with 6 GB or more of RAM preload all the weapons in the game on startup. This smooths out loading hitches during play (e.g. exiting the trader after buying weapons).
  8. T

Why can't I spectate in First person?

A bit of a programming digression, but the biggest obstacle you'll run into with this is getting game data over to the spectating client. A whole lot of things that happen in the weapon only exist on the owning client or the owning client + server. Weapons are full of function replication...
  9. T

Did you guys fix flex or make it worse?

I assume this is FleX set to low? Technically, the 750 is lower than we intended to support. However, it's interesting that it worked better for you earlier. The first thing I would try is updating your drivers. FleX is a relativity new system and as such it's very important to keep up on...
  10. T

Did they remove firing mode toggle?

We decided to revert the alt-fire change. It was supposed to make the controls more consistent, but not at the sacrifice of making it good. If someone is sad to see the change go we might consider making it an option, but so far the feedback is pretty unanimous. Expect to see the change in a...
  11. T

Roger that. We might let it sit a little while and gather feedback from experienced players and newbies alike. That way we can gauge if it should be an option at all and what the default should be. I'll make a note we should try and revisit this. I believe there is a config work around for...
  12. T

Actually... we did this on purpose *ducks behind his desk*. This is specially only for controllers. We thought that for new players picking up a controller having some weapons instantly use the key (e.g. medic, melee) and some not (e.g. commando) was inconsistent and unintuitive. R1 makes a...
  13. T

[FIX]Controller Support Fix

We did some research into this recently looking for these answers: Is our deadzone calculation sound? How does it compare to other engines and games? How does increasing it affect gameplay? How much analog stick wear is normal? In the end we found that the game plays best with the current...
  14. T

That sounds like a serious bug. If anyone has a reproduction for this please report to the bug section of the forums or send me a message.
  15. T

Really great feedback Ryno. The bash/r3 swap is actually something we have been trying out internally.
  16. T

Code GP_Spawn Arch

Another method is to make a GameInfo and edit the AIClassList and the AIBossClassList in the default props. If you remove Hans from the Boss list for example it will always spawn the Patriarch.
  17. T

Code Custom Zeds?

You should be able to make your own spawning archetype and reassign the reference to the old one. I think though you might run out of EAIType entries. I'll make a note we probably should add a few "custom/user" entries at the end of the list.
  18. T

Actually, we had tap triangle for last weapon, but it was changed to cycle based on feedback. I'd be interested to know what the most popular preference is. Maybe we need a UI option for this. We're testing primarily with PS4, Xbox One, and Steam controllers. As far as Steam controllers go...
  19. T

For a weapon wheel we would need to limit inventory to maximum 8 which is something we can't assume. Even if we take the healer and welder out with a context switch it's still possible to carry more than 8 weapons! It's a tricky issue without inflicting additional restraints on the game. We...
  20. T

Good feedback. We've haven't seen it causing problems, but it could be caused by minor differences in hardware or drivers. What kind of controller are you using if you don't mind me asking? Our hope is to spend more time on the scheme and also add some options to the in-game UI. We may be...