• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Alois Himmel

RO1 realism comparison to RO2 realism. Trying to be unbiased.

Video games have always been simply a virtual adaptation of a story or event. They will never become real life. Simply because Video Games cannot become real life, does not mean that they should not strive to be close to real life as possible. In fact, Immersion is something that the gaming...
  2. Alois Himmel

RO1 realism comparison to RO2 realism. Trying to be unbiased.

People keep saying that it is difficult to define realism. I think that it is quite simple. Realism- Is as it is in reality, or real life. In the case of RO2 this would mean, as it was in Stalingrad. A completely Realistic game would mean getting every detail correct. Realism is comprised of...
  3. Alois Himmel

Any updates on the full release of the SDK?

Ah, I see. Well, if a moderator wants to delete this thread to clear out repetitive posts then that's fine. Thanks for the info.
  4. Alois Himmel

Any updates on the full release of the SDK?

I was just wondering when the full SDK will be released, or perhaps an update on why it hasn't been released. The SDK that has been released now is good for figuring out where things are, and what edits can be made. But I know of at least two people in my unit, and several other people on...
  5. Alois Himmel

Hey Ramm-Jaeger what happened to hero status & MkB42H/AVT40 being rare weapons?

Truly the current situation is embarrassing and awkward. Personally I thank Sasquatch for posting even though he isn't exactly talking about the topic of this post. It must be extremely intimidating as a dev to talk in such a hostile environment. It also seems that Sasquatch also has his...
  6. Alois Himmel

Bandaging and Health Regen

I understand the purpose of the bandaging system, it allows for wounds to have some effect (though minimal) and allows for the combat to continue without halt. However I too believe that wounding has too little of an effect on game play. In RO1 when you got shot in the hand you dropped your...
  7. Alois Himmel

What happened with the Haft-Hohlladung?

Taking the suggestions and comments of several people who have already posted into consideration, changing the Haft-Hohlladung makes sense. Asymmetrical balance does work. The Germans could place the Haft-Hohlladung onto tanks with a single click, just replace the throwing animation with a...
  8. Alois Himmel

Red Army is fighting very hard to win on any map, game balance needs to be fixed!

Personally I think that getting rid of the lock down timer would help balance maps by letting the sides get a change to fight it out, and allow the Allies to get up close where they have the advantage. While also allowing the axis to use their distance advantage. Even if this is not a game...
  9. Alois Himmel

Any plans for Italians, Hungarians or Romanians?

You do realize that the Russians won Stalingrad. And as far as game play is concerned, the Russians can easily win, it just requires team work. If you see a Russian unit playing as a team, you'll see just what I mean.
  10. Alois Himmel

The usefulness of the Cover System (or lack thereof)

Simple Fix- Make it so that the Use and Use Bandage functions can be bound to a separate key from the Cover function. There is a time and place to use the cover system, however right now the combination of binds make it awkward and a nuisance whenever you need to bandage or resupply a machine...
  11. Alois Himmel

Tripwire Scrap the Unlock System

I don't know what the single player is like. But it would be easy to make a single player campaign in which you get to use all of the weapons. This would just give people a taste of what they could be using in multiplayer. And yes I agree, these classes would be unlocked in a matter of tens of...
  12. Alois Himmel

Tripwire Scrap the Unlock System

I don't like unlock systems that much either, but I don't believe in an all or nothing solution. Perhaps a tweak to the level up system would make the game both more balanced, and more realistic, while leaving something to be worked toward. My Solution- Elite classes should be unlockable...
  13. Alois Himmel

Zoom Poll

If they are trying to replicate focus, how about this. Rather than zooming in on the target down range, the target down range should become just a little more clear (his image sharpened). To put your face a foot a couple of inches closer to your rear sight, and to gain a several foot zoom makes...
  14. Alois Himmel

Simple Fixes to Game Breaking Problems

Just to add on to a possible fix, or rather incentive to use SL's properly by both the Squad Members and the Squad Leaders themselves. Give points for spawning in on your squad leader, not with every spawn, but perhaps with like every 3 or 5 spawns. Then players have to consistently do it, and...
  15. Alois Himmel

Teamwork Incentive

Well the cause of a lot of these teamwork issues is the leveling system. For a while everyone is going to try and grind points. Sometimes teamwork is good for this, most of the time a good camping spot works just fine. But do not fret, once the game is out for a while this will start to...
  16. Alois Himmel

The names of the capture points are already in the game. West Bridge, East Bridge, Propaganda House, they are already in the game. They are just not written on the in-game maps. Every building doesn't need to be named, but the capture points that already have names, should be labeled on the...
  17. Alois Himmel

These are some simple fixes to problems that are breaking new and old mechanics, as well as generally hindering game play. Problems and Solutions- P- Binding Use Bandage, Use, and Cover all to Left Control has made it impossible or very difficult to bandage while next to walls, or resupply...
  18. Alois Himmel

Not enough incentive to play as a team?

This will sound horrible, but I'm going to say it anyway. The squad system is taking a page right out of the BF series. The fact that you cannot spawn on the squad leader inside of caps and in certain situations is Tripwires way of trying to preserve what bit of realism that this sort of system...
  19. Alois Himmel

community hostile toward RO veterans

As a "self entitled realism nazi fanboy nut" personally I don't hate on the new players. Being a huge fan of the original though, I think we have a right to complain. It's just like with any sequel to a series. We expected RO2 to be different from the first game, but not THIS different. When...
  20. Alois Himmel

Kinda Hesitant Now...

As a person who has played hundreds of hours of the first RO, I can tell you that you are right. RO1 was a game where there were many maps that lasted for an hour that were long and allowed the team to use tactics to their advantage. Every shot did count, because the march back to the front was...