• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. J

Textures

Depends. Creating your own usually involves combining and editing textures from a photosource as you just can't get that kind of variation trying to recreate from scratch. So expanding your own personal texture library is a good idea. http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=52644
  2. J

New weapon coming! G11

Dirty, gritty and I can identify the difference in materials. Beautiful!
  3. J

A Message To The Modding Community

Sure, just click your name, then find all posts. Do that now. :) pretty sure i can So what you're saying is, stealing is ok as long as there are no version mismatches and the publisher doesn't shut you down. lol
  4. J

You're stealing content from another game and using in your own project, yet you're upset when someone takes your stolen content from a server, lol. Sure, I can toss the advert argument on that as well. roffliez, every other post you make is an attempt at telling someone what to do
  5. J

If Killing Floor where a flash game...

Yea I'm about 50 hours in, which is pretty insane for a 5 dollar flash game but I cant get enough of it. Expansion coming soon too for 3 bucks :) Not sure who drew it, but I think Hipnox did, hes got some crazy art skills.
  6. J

Couldn't agree more. Whether you're grabbing something from a server or flat out ripping content from another game and using it for your own mod without permission, it's stealing, unethical and unoriginal. Stop telling people what to do.
  7. J

If Killing Floor where a flash game...

Binding of Isaac being my favorite game as of late, this is one awesome picture.
  8. J

[Release] S.A.S - Weapon/Character pack

Quality work, as usual. Awesome logo too :)
  9. J

Killing floor/ CoD:WaW

haha Not all of them though. CoD, UO and 2 were really good. MW was fun when it came out as it offered something new but after that.. just look-a-likes for 60 bucks. MW3 metacritic pc user scores are pretty epic too lol. As far as the mod goes, idk some kind of barricade/obj. mode could be...
  10. J

[Pack] BallisticWeapons port to KF

Nice, reminds me of the Stargate spear weapon thing
  11. J

[Pack] BallisticWeapons port to KF

Nice, game needs more weapons. That minigun looks fun :)
  12. J

[Skin] Isaac Clarke

sharing's caring
  13. J

[Skin] Isaac Clarke

You aren't stealing from someone who rips copyrighted content from other games and throws it together for some mod without permission and without credit. In this case, Visceral Games and iD software are getting ripped off, not the people who stole their assets, lol.
  14. J

3D & Animation Complex boolean mesh fills wall on additional booleans

The problem you're having right now is the entire mesh is on a single smoothing group, creating that harsh gradient effect. http://www.3dtotal.com/team/Tutorials_2/smoothing_groups/smoothing_01.php Also, I use Xoliulshader for realtime previewing in 3ds Max, sadly he hasn't made a version...
  15. J

The shading should be fine unless you drop the entire mesh on a single smoothing group. Only way you're going to get really good lighting out of a model is to have plenty of even resolution throughout the mesh. Obviously not the most optimal way. Related...
  16. J

You don't have to do anything. :) What I was suggesting was a way to gradually optimize and cut down polys while attempting to maintain "maximum Space for the triangulation" on something that is fairly high in resolution. Large .gif warning: Sorry if I'm just confusing you, I don't think...
  17. J

Looks much better, the segments don't look bad at all and as you said, the lighting is better. For optimizing: In the top image you can see how I made my welds, gradually cutting down the polys. You can imagine how many segments there were before. You don't have to do it like that but its...
  18. J

It's filling the holes because there aren't any supporting edges. If you connect up a couple verts in the right places, you should see it open up again. I'm also not sure why you'd use booleans for a simple shape like that. Take your time, build 1 window with clean edges then dupe it over. :)
  19. J

Level Design Event Horizon

I didnt dl that map but I watched a short video on it, gotta say the mod itself looked pretty impressive. The level design and textures weren't all that great nor were they screaming Event Horizon for me but the mod looks like it has a good amount of immersion to it, esp. if you're a fan of the...
  20. J

3D & Animation Thread of modeling and stuff.

lol well you can tell your friend his sword sucks too because he made the exact same thing with very minor differences. Those long thin triangles in the middle of the sword could potentially hurt performance. It's your model, do it how you want, not how your friend wants. Your sword looks...