• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. C

The things that we like

Like in almost every other game's official forum, we spend a lot of time letting the developers know what we hate, but for a change, why don't we talk about what we like? That's useful information, too. Be it the recent update or just the game in general. I think in spite of the balance issues...
  2. C

I don't get KF2's meta

Wasn't sure whether to put this in here, ideas/suggestions, or tactics. I've been playing KF1 for a long time since 2009 and managed to get all the map achievements, except for the final content updates of the game where I didn't bother to play to catch up outside of just check the new stuff...
  3. C

What perk are you excited for next?

Now with the Demoman and the Firebug added into the game, what perk are you excited for next? That's 6 out of 10 we have now!
  4. C

Over a week in - Things we love and things we hate?

Good day Now it's been over a week since the Early Access release (nearly a second now!) so I think we'd best talk about some parts of the game. What are things in KF2 that you just absolutely love? And what are things that you just totally and utterly loathe?
  5. C

I love grenades

I think this is something that hasn't been talked about much. I love the grenades in KF2. You throw them, they explode, they kill lots of trash zeds, and anything they don't kill gets stumbled. Such a massive change from KF1. In KF1, grenades didn't feel useful outside of certain situations...
  6. C

So how do you want your Demolitionist?

Thought I'd put this poll up cos it might be interesting to see what people are hoping for. How do you want your Demoman? Do you want him to have pipebombs instead of grenades OR Do you want him to have pipebombs as a selectable weapon, whilst having his own better grenades with a higher...
  7. C

What Perk did you play the most?

See title, see poll!
  8. C

How does one get into programming and get good at it?

As the title says, I've been looking to get into programming but I'm having trouble starting outside of Codecademy. From what it looks like to me, its a field shrouded in obscurity and complexity that makes it difficult to get into as a hobby. I'm not on a computer science course, nor am I a...
  9. C

Can we have "The Numbers" for early access?

Not sure how to put this into detail, but since we're all gonna be buying into early access come the 21st to give feedback to TWI on balance, will we get to see all the variable values in, say, on this forum or in some kind of text file in the game's folder? I'm talking weapon damage, zed...
  10. C

Break A Thousand Before KF2

As the title says. With KF2 so close, who here has broken a thousand hours on KF1 before the sequel's release? I know I have. Post your hours, or use your remaining time to break one thousand hours! Lets show Tripfriends Interactive what fans we are in the hopes that we all get good-boy...
  11. C

Will more characters come later?

Eh, pretty much as the title says. I get that character costume parts are probably a new paid DLC item, but what about characters? Will be see some for purchase later on? I do miss Aldridge the Welding Mask Man. :(
  12. C

Captioning/Subs?

Will there be any form of optional captioning or whatever in the game? Not sure if this has been touched on previously. I can't understand a single word said by the character at the end of the latest video, as it sounds like unintelligible gibberish to me. :( I'm HOH myself and make use of...
  13. C

Sony publishing KF2?

Elsewhere on the internet, people have been posting about the recent PS4 reveal for KF2. The question is - are Sony publishing KF2 for consoles AND for the PC, or is it just the console version? The Steam store page lists Tripwire as the publisher still, yet some claim that this has to be...
  14. C

Can the Gorefast parry katana swings?

Because if not, it'd be pretty badass to have a short duel with a top-difficulty Gorefast, especially with those sweetass directional katana swings. Just a thought. His parries could be a product of chance/circumstance rather than an all-the-time thing. I thought it would be cool, because in...
  15. C

KF2 Merch?

Hello I was wondering if TWI would be putting out merchandise for KF2. That awesome KF2 cover art for the PC Gamer magazine is something that I would really, really like to see on either a t-shirt or a poster for my wall. As well as some other cool things! How about it?
  16. C

Poll time: Is KF a horror-themed game?

I think this is a no brainer, but do YOU think that KF is a horror themed game? Lets look at the facts: In 2005, the mod tried to look as ****ed up, gross, dark, and violent as possible. It wanted everything to look fierce and nasty. The game back then was more about zombies and the undead...
  17. C

Peer-to-peer an option?

Dedicated servers are certainly magical. However, when I still played KF a lot, I often played with 3-4 people total, and I don't feel like such a number justifies the purchase/renting of a dedicated server. I don't like the idea of paying extra money on a subscription just to play...
  18. C

Lets speculate on ETA

I'm really excited for KF2, as you can probably guess. But I can't help but wonder how long we're gonna have to wait. So lets make guesses! The screenshots we've seen so far make it look as if a lot of progress has been made. Many other games release screenshots of just environments and...
  19. C

How will Pistols be handled?

Hello there In KF1, I have enjoyed using pistols. What I did not enjoy about them was that they were treated as sharpshooter main weapons, rather than secondary weapons accross the board. It made pistols an odd choice for anyone other than a sharpshooter. Some people liked this as it was (lol)...
  20. C

RS Friend tags/More noticeable squad members

Hello I was thinking that it'd be a good idea to make it easier to find people on your friends list or people in your squad on the battlefield. For the friends thing, a teensy widdle icon next to their floaty name could work, or make the name text into, say, green. For the squad thing, it'd...