• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. EchoJ7

Poor performance, AA Issues, pop-in and low SLI usage

Hello, long time fan of TWI games and I took part in the beta tests for RS2:V to be honest quite disappointed that so many performance issues have slipped through the alpha/beta despite being reported. At this point, the game is unplayable for me. In any case, my problems boil down to these...
  2. EchoJ7

Early Access?

Is it happening or is the same deal as with RO2/RS1 ? Either ways
  3. EchoJ7

[Error] Finally lost my patience

I have been and continue to be an ardent supporter of this game and sincerely hope tripwire resolve the numerous issues plaguing the game, but I have truly lost my patience now. In the past hour of playing I had lost sound 3 times, RO2 not responding and the server browser stopped working...
  4. EchoJ7

[Tuning] Disable Intro Movies (Faster Loading)

This dose not mean faster level loading! To get into the game quickly by avoiding the logo movies go to: (Where ever Steam is installed to)\Steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra 2\ROGame\Movies Simple move the files that begin with the word Logo in another folder and you should save 5 or so...
  5. EchoJ7

[Error] Server Browser still inoperable

Though I appreciate that TW are a small company and there has been numerous other problems to deal with I am beginning to loose my patience with the server browser, namely that 90% of the time it returns no servers. I can't help but feel that this game should of be delayed for a couple of months...
  6. EchoJ7

[Question] 1360x768

I was a bit annoyed that 1360x768 was not supported nativiely however this wasn't much of a problem as a quick edit to the ROEngine config file fixed this. I just updated to the most recent build of the beta and the game is defaulting to 1280x720, this is in light of both ROEngine and...
  7. EchoJ7

Skirmish mode

Rooting around the beta and there's no mention it, has it been dropped from the game? For those who don't know what I mean, the mode of game that was described as 'Terrorist hunt' from R6 where you command a squad of Ai or friends against Ai. From the facts thread Co-op: Players can connect...
  8. EchoJ7

My opinion of the Beta

First and foremost, this is purely opinion based off playing the beta since release and is compared and contrasted against my years of playing not only realistic tactical shooters such as ArmA, RO:CA/Ost. Insurgency, PR etc but also against other shooters and action games like the Battlefield...
  9. EchoJ7

Colour difference in Squad Selection

At the moment it's quite confusing to select the squad with a friend in it, my suggestion is to colour code the squad selection. For open slots, the current white, for occupied slots green and if possible, if the person who you intend to play with is on your friends list on steam, they appear...
  10. EchoJ7

A novel way to support Tripwire

I thought just struck me, one of my great annoyances is trying register a username for a game only to find its been taken (I did plan being just Echo but alas). Clearly with the Heroes and rank system we will need to register for a username/profile, I don't think its unreasonable in this stage...
  11. EchoJ7

Question for TI : Modding for HoS specific features.

I hope to start this thread in the vain of discussing features directly tied to HoS and to discover if we as modders, can utilize and change features to our own designs. 1. Questions about The Multiplayer Campaign Mode. Can we create our own unique campaigns? (So recreating the campaign for...
  12. EchoJ7

A mod announcement, sort of...

Well not wanting to jump the gun but here are my current planned projects that I hope to build for HoS. I aim to create a realistic modern warfare mod dealing predominately with recent conflicts eventually moving to cover (real and hyperthetical) operations from the 1990s onwards, the mod would...
  13. EchoJ7

Level Design Maxium map size?

I hope its not to presumptious to ask, is there a cap to the maxium map size in km