• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. G

Fire & Maneuver Realism Mod

I finally got the code to compile. I'll try editing a weapon tomorrow. Baby steps.
  2. G

Code Mutator Common Coding Problems and solutions

Ok, I reread this thread slowly and figured out what I was doing wrong. I had to put all my custom stuff in the My Documents folder, including editing the ini's. I was editing the inis in the Program Files directory. I'll continue tomorrow, I need to keep working on my iPhone game.
  3. G

Ok, so the answer to compiling is in there? I have a general idea of how to get around US and I've already identified a lot of target classes I want to modify. I was just trying to get this thing to compile because I tried doing it the standard way and it wasn't working. UnrealFrontEnd isn't...
  4. G

3D & Animation 3Ds Max vs Maya ?

I too tried using both. Max was the winner. It was a lot easier to pick up. Maya seemed so daunting with a steep learning curve just to get basic things working. Max is the preferred program in the gaming industry. I would also recommend other 3D apps, but because of ActorX, Max and Maya are...
  5. G

* does the shimmy.
  6. G

I'm kinda back guys, I'm trying to get the code to compile, but I'm new to UnrealScript (I'm a game programmer though), so I need to figure some things out. Let's see if I can get some stuff working. Honestly, I can't believe that after all this time, I come back and it's still pretty much the...
  7. G

I read through this thread but I'm kind of having some issues with this right now. I created the shortcut with "make" at the end (no quotations), I added ModPackages=Test and made a class extend actor and made it placeable. It doesn't show up in the editor. I'm kinda lost here, I confess this is...
  8. G

Server I can join my server, but I can't start a game

Hello, I just recently purchased a server from Gameservers.com, and I'm having a small problem. I can join the game no problem, but the lobby never opens up, I just stay floating through the map. I can join other servers and get into the lobby even when I'm alone, so it's obviously something on...
  9. G

I haven't completely lost interest. The issue right now is that I am working on an iPhone game and that is taking up some time. However, I have some free time coming up next week, I may get back into this seeing as maps are starting to come out, and we can finally compile.
  10. G

Well, I don't want to get paid for this mod, but I did have an idea for a mod that I wanted to make and sell it as an add-on. The reason I wanted to do that was because I wanted to actually hire mappers, since I'm a programmer. Finding mappers that are willing to put the time and effort it takes...
  11. G

To give you guys an update, I am currently in the final phase of production for an iPhone game I am working on. The SDK still isn't compiling apparently, so I haven't really done much more, I'm not even playing RO2 because I'm pretty busy. I am reading all of the suggestions and comments and...
  12. G

SDK Update Released October 21st

Did you find out Gleedo?
  13. G

@GRIZZLY Yeah, that's mostly map side, including the Recon plane. You can turn that off there. I will obviously offer map makers a "recommended config" that they can hopefully use to make the maps work with what I"m going to offer. @LeftHandPath Yeah, I plan on using all of the effects in RO2...
  14. G

Unreal Combat 2.0 - Full Conversion Mod of RO2

Alright man, well, if you get some stuff in there working and I'm not busy, I can give you a hand with some programming.
  15. G

Alright man, you got some good stuff. What are your plans with the game?
  16. G

Good stuff. Are you using ZBrush or Mudbox for any texturing work? Edit: I just saw your website. You're pretty good man, but that website is not showcasing your work the way it should be, that initial shot of the bird is great, it should take up all of the screen, right now you have it...
  17. G

What skills do you bring to the table?
  18. G

Thanks. I really think I can design gameplay mechanics that will really impact the gameplay in a realistic, yet fun manner. But I'm more than willing to hear ideas out. The thing is, just by laying out a feature list, it's really hard to say what will work and what won't. So for a lot of...
  19. G

@LeftHandPath I saw the effects, they look pretty good. What exactly do you want me to see here? @GRIZZLY Yes, the idea was to have the player incapacitated mostly, laying on the ground waiting to get bandaged up. A shot to the torso will most likely not be bandage-able by the player himself...