• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. C

I keep lagging.

Hey guys. I've had more trouble with RO laggin on my new computer than on my old computer. On my old computer it was mainly graphics lag. This lag feels like internet connection lag. I have a Comcast Cable connection that's pretty damn fast. I dunno if there were any settings I changed that may...
  2. C

I just owned my friend.

My friends and I were going to make a video in RO together. Me and this one guy had been working hard, and my other friend wanted to be on it. So a couple of minutes ago my friend signed in. And instead of asking if we wanted to film him, he immediately starts playing World of Warcraft, which he...
  3. C

New Computer + RO = Heavenly.

Wow. I can't believe I was ever playing RO with 19-25 FPS. 50-60 with every option on, everything maxed and AA and Anisotropic Filtering maxed on GFX card. I'm in a state of awe. It looks and runs better than any other PC game I've ever played. And 5 second load times > all.
  4. C

Level Design Lighting problems in my map

Not sure if this is a good place but I have a few questions: 1. On my map when I play ingame all the player models are solid black. Anyways to fix? 2. My vegetation smeshes are pitch black. I tried changing the ambient brightness in the zone info, but that made them flicker.
  5. C

Custom Map Servers

(For when we get some custom maps...) I think someone should set up a server that ran only custom maps. It would probably be successful. And I would be happy to help donate for the costs.
  6. C

Long ROEd loads?

I knew it was gonna be a long time the first time I started it up because it has to extract things from the Steam cache files, but I'm booting it up for the second time the way stated in the topic about this and it seems to be taking a long time, just like when I started it up the first time...
  7. C

Nintendo Revolution renamed...

To Wii. W-I-I. Pronounced "we." I personally hate the new name, but I'm still gonna buy it and I'm still gonna call it the Revolution. I thought Nintendo was trying to market to everyone, but how do you market to little kids? Just say wheeeeeeeeeeee! "Hey, wanna come over to my house and...
  8. C

Buying a processor.

Hey guys, I'm going to be putting together a PC over the rest of the year (I'll probably be paying for it for atlease a year after it's all built...). Anyways, I was thinking about processors. I was recommended the AMD Sempron 2800+, but I'd be willing to spend some more cash for something that...
  9. C

Radiohead

I absolutely love Radiohead. I have every album except Pablo Honey, and I love them all. Some favorite songs: I Might Be Wrong Climbing Up the Walls Karma Police Optimistic Well, there's too many to list. Does anyone else here like Radiohead?
  10. C

Any plan on bringing back the Mauser C96?

It was pretty cool in the mod. It'd be cool to have it here, maybe with a stock or something?
  11. C

I now officially hate Basovka...

I guess Basovka was an attempt at the most realistic battlefield. And this is going to be a very whiny post. I played on Basovka as germans. I run past the spawn area and go prone at some rocks. I take a look around, see nothing, then I am shot and killed. Hmm. No one else seems to be getting...
  12. C

Check out my sig.

Made it myself. Link FTW.
  13. C

FPS test.

Ok, previously I've ran ROOst on DX9 with everything maxed. I could play fine but my FPS was normally in the 10> area. I just did a test, setting my sound quality on low, using D3D rendering settings on LOW and had the same FPS. These are my settings: Intel Celeron Piece of Crap Edition 768mb...
  14. C

Squad Looking for Russian Realism clan.

Hey guys, I'm looking for a tactical realism clan that plays Russians. I don't think there are too many, but I thought it would be a good idea to join one. Hoping to find one that is active and has a good number of people. Just give me a link to where I need to sign up. Thanks.
  15. C

We need more videos!

i'm working on one now, but I miss the lack of videos. When the beta testers were allowed to post videos and images there was a huge influx of videos, now that the game has been released there have been hardly any videos! It's weird...
  16. C

My game is not working anymore...

I just booted it up to play with my clan members, but it seems to freeze at the "Deploying to..." screen. It'll just stay there forever. I'm really mad, it played fine last night. And now it just crashed. Virtual Memory error. I have 768mb, normally it is fine. Ugh...
  17. C

Map Editor

Dunno if they were gonna, but I think the Devs should put together a map editor. Maybe like the BF1942 one where you could generate the terrain, then add buildings and stuff. I think it would take off greatly, I know I'd make a bunch of maps. Who else agrees?
  18. C

Demoplay problems...

I recorded a demo earlier, but now when I try to play it, it takes me to the "Deploying to (demoname)" and then just stays there. I can hear the sound effects from the gameplay, but it just stays at that screen. Anyone know what's wrong?
  19. C

Console Commands?

Let's make a list of the console commands for RO, and what they do. I don't know any right now. >_>
  20. C

A friend's problem.

My friend got this game the same day as me, the day it came out, and it worked fine then. The next day, however, when he tried to join multiplayer, and it disconnected, showed him a list of his computer specs, and then the game shut itself down. Anyone else have this problem? It's sad that he...