• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. barakas

Post Match Banter

Does anyone else miss being able to use the text chat as soon as a round/match has finished? Currently when a round/match ends in RO2, the progression screen and score comes up and blocks all text chat for quite a bit, usually only allowing 5 seconds or so of chat time after a round has...
  2. barakas

Returned to the game after a few months absense

Couple things I've noticed on my return: -Automatically killing your player when you change class is STILL in the game. This is a major annoyance. I killed myself twice through class suicide within my first hour of play. Respawn times are often less than 10 seconds so its very easy to...
  3. barakas

Community poll

I'm dubious of this quotation, but I've not seen any data so I'd like to get a read from the community Obviously the people who made those complaints might not be here any more but I'd like to see the opinion of those who remain.
  4. barakas

Action Mode? Seriously?

Aren't there enough problems to be fixed in the game without introducing new features at this stage? Has TWI learned nothing from trying to chase the lucrative casual market? Or do they think the problems of the rapid die off of the RO2 playerbase was because they weren't trying to be casual...
  5. barakas

Disable 64 player servers for the good of the community?

Basically, where I am in the world there is 1 server that regularly has only players and no bots. I think this is the TWB server or it might be the [40-1] or maybe Old Gits, I can check for certain if anyone cares. Anyway, usually there are a few other servers with about 10-15 players on it...
  6. barakas

PPSH drum mag amount

I've heard that PPSH drum mags weren't typically filled to full, since it increased the chance the gun with jam (since the mag spring was under more pressure), so they would only fill a magazine to like 80% full. Does anyone know how many rounds the current PPSH mag holds? Are they completely...
  7. barakas

Butovo Bliss

I've got to say I've been blown away by what this map has done for my enjoyment of RO2. I started off as a Russian MGer, not expecting too much to be honest, and set up in one of the houses overlooking the main road. A road too exposed for the Germans to set up a base of fire from, but one they...
  8. barakas

[Error] Map button destroys hud.

Not sure what causes this to happen, but occasionally when I'm playing, if I hit the map button (currently Tab for me), then all on screen hud will disappear. Including text, and the map and scoreboard will no longer display on button presses. I don't see anything anyone types and I can't see...
  9. barakas

Remove Cover Icon

I tried searching for this but nothing came up. Is there a way to stop the "Press Ctrl to Cover" icon from popping up? Is there some setting I've missed in game? Or is there a setting in the .ini file you can change?
  10. barakas

Online Campaign ist kaput?

I tried searching for this, but I couldn't find anything. Some time ago I had seen screenshots and heard mention that there would be an online campaign mode, but I haven't heard anything since and its not been on the beta. Is this still happening or has it been canned/postponed?
  11. barakas

3D scope for Binoculars?

One thing that I've found quite jarring in my play of RO2 beta (in contrast to all the brilliant stuff) is the 2d overlay of binocs zoom in. Especially on a high resolution display, there's an awful lot of black space that isn't being used, and it appears to be in 4:3 (might be a beta thing)...
  12. barakas

[Error] Floating MG on Fallen Fighters

I can't remember the exact combination of what I did, but I remember it was on TE-Fallen fighters, as Axis, in the upper floor of the univermag hq on a static MG. I think maybe I was sprinting and holding backwards when I got off the MG. anyway, the MG started floating in a straight line...
  13. barakas

Reload Cancellation

So being able to cancel reloads and run is good, however I've noticed an unpleasant side effect. That often I cancel a reload by sprinting or going prone right at the end of the animation without realizing it hasn't finished. This is compounded by sprint and zoom being the same key, since I...
  14. barakas

End of round comradery

Just started playing the beta (and loving it), if taking a bit of time to get used to it. However one niggle that I've not seen mentioned, is how at the end of rounds, players can't type messages anymore. Now usually there's nothing much other than a few GGs and maybe discussion of what map to...
  15. barakas

Artillery uncertainty

I'm just wondering how consistent artillery is going to be in RO2. In RO1, artillery had a fairly consistent spread, so you could be pretty sure it would only land within a certain distance of the designated area. Obviously there's a need to balance team killing with this, but it would be good...
  16. barakas

Wowzers Trousers

I'm not sure if this is just because this video : Gamescom Coverage : Hyper WTF is Red Orchestra 2? Part 1 - YouTube is one of the few ones that has had good sound quality, or they've recently done something to the sound system, but I've got to say that the voices and gunshots echoing through...
  17. barakas

Sound 3d voip

Does anyone with experience with the UDK know how hard it would be to mod in 3D voice chat into the game? Or how hard it would be to get it to work with positional sound for 3rd party VOIP software like Mumble or Vent? I think 3D voice chat would be hugely popular with realism clans and...
  18. barakas

3D & Animation udk animation compatibility?

Forgive the ignorance of this question, I have no experience using the UDK. However I'm thinking of getting stuck into it in preparation for release of the RO2 SDK. Is it possible for me to work on animations for a 'blank' skeletal frame, and then use those animations on the models that come...
  19. barakas

Hugging the Enemy

Now I'm no military/history buff, but I recently saw a documentary that talked of a Soviet tactic called "hugging the enemy", where Russian soldiers would try to get as close as possible to the Germans so they could not use their superior air support/artillery to their advantage. Is there going...
  20. barakas

Singleplayer Enhancement

So I've seen a lot of mods that are looking to take place in another theatre of war, or another war all together, but I don't think I've seen any mod that seeks to improve the singleplayer of RO2, which is basically multiplayer with bots as much as anyone wants to dress it up. There are two...