• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. barakas

Adjusting kill points for Marksman

The role is specially suited to take out specific targets. With an SMG you basically just kill whatever is in range. Doesn't make much difference as long as you hit them before they hit you. The scope on a rifle allows the marksman to stay out of harms way and carefully select targets. An MG...
  2. barakas

will Japanese squad leaders have submachine gun?

These are both sound ideas to balance the teams without unrealistically altering their load outs. I don't know why developers are always so keen to try and balance weapons before everything else. Only a small part of winning is actually the weapon. RO:OST managed fine with the STG44 and MG42...
  3. barakas

will Japanese squad leaders have submachine gun?

Even if all the MkBs that ever existed had been shipped to Stalingrad they would still be ridiculously rare, nowhere near 2 per 32 soldiers. More like 1 per 10,000 or less (I'm too lazy to look up the actual numbers). That's if they even where used in Stalingrad. All Ramm Jager used as...
  4. barakas

New Rising Storm Trailer on Gamespot!

Very happy to hear that asymmetric gameplay is making a comeback.
  5. barakas

Don't run to the satchels!

Why can't you just make it so that if a satchel explodes within radius of a satchel objective, it doesn't count any friendly kills? Surely the potential for griefing is fairly low if you can only get away with killing people at an objective. It would also be easy to avoid, just don't go near...
  6. barakas

3D positional VOIP

absolutely no chance of this ever being put into the game. there are outstanding sound issues that would be much easier to fix than this, which still haven't been addressed.
  7. barakas

Beta Map [Map release]TE-Butovo

Are any servers still running this map? It's been the best community map I've played so far but I haven't seen it around for months.
  8. barakas

Longer / limited tank respawns

1 and 2 most definitely. It's bad for gameplay and it doesn't make sense to have infinite and quick tank respawns. As the OP states it completely removes any sense of accomplishment or benefit from killing a tank. As it stands now its much better to disable a tank than it is to destroy it...
  9. barakas

More and more Tank Rambling

I'm not really knowledgeable, but I believe "bullet proof" glass in tanks often cracked/become hard to see through from bullet impacts and would have to be replaced. Don't know if any of them were able to be replaced from inside tank, but if they were they could add that as a gameplay dynamic...
  10. barakas

Change the Way Tanks Spawn: Commander Call-in

This is ****ing genius. The current system is borked because its far better to keep an enemy tank alive (but heavily damaged) than it is to kill it). Of course people have been asking for a pool of tank reinforcements for a while, but your idea adds a lot more to the gameplay. Unfortunately...
  11. barakas

Would you like to see a punish command for teamkill?

L4D has an excellent kick voting system. Part of that is with 4 players, if one player starts ****ing about or goes AFK it's pretty easy to get everyone to agree to kick. The other part is that its extremely simple to kick vote and instantly recognizable.
  12. barakas

PzB 39.

"mirrorweapons" is a perfect word for it. One of the things I loved about RO1 was how the sides were balanced but different. The PPSH was far better than the MP40 at close range, the MG34 and 42 were alot better than the DP machine gun. They weren't equal but they were balanced, and I...
  13. barakas

Overly Awkward, Camp-friendly CQB Mechanics

People aren't complaining about free aim. People like free aim. People are complaining about how free aim is being implemented. hipshooting was a lot more feasible in RO1 than it is in RO2, partly because going to iron sights is now quicker and you can shoot while sighting, and partly because...
  14. barakas

Post Match Banter

Does anyone else miss being able to use the text chat as soon as a round/match has finished? Currently when a round/match ends in RO2, the progression screen and score comes up and blocks all text chat for quite a bit, usually only allowing 5 seconds or so of chat time after a round has...
  15. barakas

Are there any plans to make gunfire sound remotely realistic?

Yeah, asking developers to change things about the game you don't like is totally ridiculous. It's not like TWI on multiple occasions has asked the forum what they would like to change about the game. It's not like there a section of the forum specifically dedicated to suggestions from players...
  16. barakas

I'm sorry. I had gotten over it, but the idea of someone holding up hollywood movies as the model for what an RO game should be like was so galling I momentarily released the hounds.
  17. barakas

I hope you're happy Ramm Jaeger. This is the kind of player you were after when you put scoped MKBs on the cover of the game and put in an unnecessary and poorly implemented unlock system. in the process decimating one of the few non-simulation fanbases of an FPS that actually cared about stuff...
  18. barakas

Preferred Areas TWI Should Concentrate On For ROHOS

You missed out the most important option. Rebalance core gameplay and fix bugs. Enjoy your Putin-esque voting results.
  19. barakas

Returned to the game after a few months absense

This was meant to be the main jist of my comments on sound. There are lots of other ways the sound in RO2 could be improved (which I don't expect it to be this far after release), but the lack of difference in sounds from above or below is a severe impediment when lots of maps have multistory...
  20. barakas

Returned to the game after a few months absense

Left-right sound direction is one of the few things RO2 gets right in sound, though its fairly hard to get wrong since it mostly just amounts to reducing the volume and adding a tiny delay to the opposite side the sound came from. Another thing RO2 does well with sound is that sounds from far...