• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. WickedPenguin

Music Video Thread

Hey all... Yes, I'm still alive Nestor and Rez and everyone. But I've been very, very busy. :) Here's a video I did for my own music project, Escape the Clouds. I make steampunk-influenced music, so I combine a lot of old-world and new-world instrumentation. "Every Storm has an End" - an...
  2. WickedPenguin

Soundtrack CD - RO2 items in the Web store

I'll have to agree with Bandcamp. It's fast, simple to use, and it's flexible. You can sell both digital downloads and physical products, automatically include digital extras (liner notes, videos, images, etc.) in downloads, and they take only 15% of what you charge. Customers can also download...
  3. WickedPenguin

Is Destruction Still Ingame?

The more destruction you put in, the more room there is for bugs to creep into the mix. I remember one famous BC2 bug. On the side of a concrete building was a pair of wooden fences leaning against the wall. If you knocked that out with your knife, the entire building collapsed. Heck, here's...
  4. WickedPenguin

When We Said Big, We Meant Big

Damn you, Tripwire. Ya'll owe me a new set of pants and a chair. Holy hell that looked awesome. The game, that is. Not my soiled seat.
  5. WickedPenguin

Showtime 2010!

The Zoo is one of the best I've seen. World of Coke is pretty entertaining. The airport is truly something to behold. But most important of all... Dragon*Con! That's at the beginning of September (and I will be attending). You guys take visitors at the TWI offices? I'd be willing to sign any...
  6. WickedPenguin

The Bayonet

My '36 M91/30 did the same thing until I fixed the bayonet. My 1945 M1944 was also inaccurate until I unfolded its bayo. BTW, the latter resulted in me nearly getting thrown out of the shooting range by security. Apparently it was OK to fire dozens of bullets the size of a finger with muzzle...
  7. WickedPenguin

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

I picked BF:BC2 up last week for the Xbox 360. After playing Modern Warfare 2 for a couple months - and hating how the maps A) take up all of 2 blocks and B) have no real defense points - this was a refreshing change. Likes: * Snipers play a real role in this. There's a lot of places to hide...
  8. WickedPenguin

How many people will be able to be on a server at once?

Thank you for bringing up that amazing map, a true piece of RO history. Koetje did an incredible job recreating a real world peninsula on a 1:2 scale, based on accurate maps from the period. Unlike most RO maps, where you're fighting on a single front line, Perekop had three or four front lines...
  9. WickedPenguin

For people new to the Red Orchestra Community

Let me describe to you a scene from a battle during the RO mod 3.1 days. ------------- I'm playing as a Russian machine gunner on a wide open field map. Our objective is an enemy-held trenchline, and the only way to get there is open ground. My squad leader orders an attack. I dig in behind...
  10. WickedPenguin

Really hope this game sells at full price

I've done that before. It was a little Canadian band called Rush and the album was Counterparts. I loved the album. However, I kept looking for the female singer's photo in the booklet and only found pics of these three weird guys... :) I've impulse bought games before as well, but my dollar...
  11. WickedPenguin

If they do a marketing campaign, I'd like to see them play off A) the realism and B) the fact that, well, you're playing as either a German or a Russian. They just need to set themselves apart as something a little more impressive than JAWW2S (Just Another World War II Shooter). Here's a little...
  12. WickedPenguin

Marketing costs money. LOTS of money. Full page ads in gaming magazines. Prominent ads on gaming web sites. Television commercials. Viral marketing campaigns. None of those come cheap. All those costs need to be recouped somehow.
  13. WickedPenguin

planes, would they fly?

Ah, crap. Now I had to dust off my old (and fictionally armed) model of the Fi-282 Kolibri...
  14. WickedPenguin

I agree with the OP. Charge as much as you can get away with. When I see games at Best Buy for $20 or $30 I immediately assume one of two things: they are knockoff products stealing ideas from other, better games, or they're old and have been out long enough to get a price reduction. In either...
  15. WickedPenguin

Which mod?

I'd personally want a Winter War mod. That is one of the greatest underdog stories of all time, and you'd really only need to create one side: the Finns. Most of the Soviet equipment in use was still in use at the time of Barbarossa. It'd be a challenge from a mapping perspective, as every Finn...
  16. WickedPenguin

A Leningrad Short Story: "Day 483"

Heya all! Glad you enjoyed it, and happy to see some familiar faces in this thread. :) And please vote! http://www.everydayfiction.com/day-483-by-mark-rossmore/ I'm tied for the top spot of the last 30 days! :eek: I found some of the comments on the EDF site rather amusing. "Ohhh.. it's a...
  17. WickedPenguin

A Leningrad Short Story: "Day 483"

EveryDayFiction.com just published a new short story I wrote, set during the Siege of Leningrad. It's probably my darkest story yet. I thought the RO fans may appreciate it, given its historical setting. Click to read: "Day 483"
  18. WickedPenguin

3D & Animation Saloon

Don't forget reloading the Nagant revolver of RO3.3 fame. ;) "Urrraaahhhh! To Berlin!!!!" Bang.Bang.Bang.Bang.Bang.Bang.Bang.Click. "Govno! Wait! Reloading!" 1 in. 1 out. 2 in. 2 out. 3 in. 3 out. 4 in. 4 out. 5 in. 5 out. 6 in. 6 out. 7 in. 7 out. "Where was I? Oh yeah! Urraaaaaahhh-huh...
  19. WickedPenguin

New 5 Dollar players

When I start playing a new game, I actively try and ask questions if things aren't clear. I'll single out the high scoring players and humbly ask for their help. If they turn on me and call me "N00b!" well, whatever, that's what I am and that's why I am asking the questions. I'll find someone...
  20. WickedPenguin

Beta Map RO-Mga | Beta 3

Yeah, that BFE thing is what I'd call a "human factor". If people play honorably - i.e. don't park an MG-34 10 feet in front of the other team's spawn like Lemur and his crew did, hosing people as they spawn - then there should be no problems. While, yes, the map could have had more spawn...