• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Z

Conveying the sense of smell and mental state.

I have not posted here in a long time, and I have high hopes for the single-player campaign in RO:HOS, here. I'm extremely excited about it, and I just had an idea that I hope receives good reviews. Warning: essay ahead. I'll space it out for easier reading. I love the game Call of Cthulhu...
  2. Z

Fallout 1 not working :(

So I recently bought the fallout anthology, and I am having problems with the first one working. I have around 20 GB of space left, and yet whenever I open the game it stops me, saying 'You need at least 20 MB of hard drive space to play'. I smell shenanigans... :eek:
  3. Z

Jackknives

I'm looking to buy a decent jackknife that I can keep clipped to my pocket for easy use. I'll need it for my work, where I do construction and repair work, and a knife that's easy to get would be really handy. I'm really looking specifically for a jackknife, does anyone happen to have a decent...
  4. Z

Level Design I don't really know..

5. Z

Breaking news!

Crysis lets you pick up chickens! And also there's other stuff.
  6. Z

Small suggestion

Very tiny thing I noticed that might help out quite a bit if fixed. Whenever I press the button to yell out 'Grenade!', the sound actually seems to be delayed after I press the button by about a second. It may not seem like much, but sometimes by the time I yell out the warning, the grenade...
  7. Z

Term Paper Help

Hey, I have to write a term paper on the Battle of Stalingrad. My thesis that this battle was the single most important battle of the eastern front, and I plan to prove it by using other battles around that time period as contrasting points and explain why the battle itself was so important...
  8. Z

Question for army people on these forums.

Okay, so I'm 16 and I have no clue what I'm going to do with my future after college. Today, I was taking an archery class and realized how I really like shooting off weapons. My dad owns a rifle, and I really like to shoot that as well, it gives an immense feeling of satisfaction. So that's...
  9. Z

objectives are silly

That's right, I said it. Face it, the notion of an area that switches sides when someone stands on it for a few minutes is just goofy. Right now, someone can sneak into enemy forces and capture and entire depot by themself just because the enemies outside are milling around it and you're snug...
  10. Z

Weapon resting tweaks

I noticed that the weapon appears to be resting directly on the center of the screen. Take a rifle in game, and rest it on a surface, and move it down until you cannot rest it. You can rest it until the Ironsights are below the surface, which means that your character is resting hte gun on...
  11. Z

more immersive environments

Okay, we all know that movement in RO is slightly restricted. You can't jump over knee high ledges, etc. And things are funky, such as no climbing a ladder animation. I have two ideas that kind of tie into each other that can solve these two things. 1) Mantling. For the umpteenth time, I...
  12. Z

Image desaturation when injured?

I found this old picture I edited in the mod days, and iy got my brain juices flowing again. I think, that when we get injured, it would be neat if the colors on screen could fade a bit to show loss of blood and the effects of fatigue. I know that something similar happens to me after I've run...
  13. Z

'eye' movement = immersion

Okay, I was playing today and I realized that the major thing that really makes one feel like they're in a game is the movement of the first person camera for the eye. For example, most games have your eye stay in one single spot, sometimes bobbing up and down lightly to show footsteps. Mostly...
  14. Z

Level Design Changing terrain resolution

I have a terrain that is a 256x256. I want to make it a 128x128 and keep the same size. meaning, I want it to have larger grid spacings, to save performance, since this terrain won't be see up close. I don't know how to do this...
  15. Z

Time limits

Is there a particular reason for time limits? It just seems silly to me that once those 10 minutes are up, the attackers just throw down thier weapons and leave. I think that attack and defend maps should go on until the reinforcements are depleted or the objectives are captured. It gives the...
  16. Z

Level Design Someone give me the rundown on antiportals please.

The one thing I truly don't understand in UED mapping is antiportals and portals. If someone really experienced, like on the RO team, could tell me just what they do and how exactly to use them? Thanks a lot. :)
  17. Z

Fading edges of screen in IS

I really think that two graphical changes should happen to IS view 1) Put the black edges back into the game. Why were they taken out from the mod anyway? They were cool and realistic. 2) Blur everything outside of a 2' radius around the front sight of your gun. I'm not talking about...
  18. Z

Now that the game is actually out- some suggestions

Right. 1- change the step height! Several times, I was crouched behind some cover consisting of stacked objects. I would move forward to press myself against it more, and instead I would suddenly fly up to the top of the cover and die! :eek: So, this goes at the top of my list of changes, as...
  19. Z

Limited classes

I think we should make the specialized classes have limited reinforcements. I'm not talking about the system in there now, I think that each sniper per team (for example) should have a maximum of five lives (this number can be chosen by the mapper, 5 is just an example, again). The respawns...
  20. Z

Lower the gun in first person view

I noticed in the trailer that the guns in first person are in the same exact position as in the mod. I know that during hte mod times, several people suggested that the gun be lowered in the 1st person POV. At the moment, the way it is held makes it seem as if your eyes are planted in your...