• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. F

Fire & Maneuver Realism Mod

What about allowing the choice of enemy weapons on maps where it is appropriate? For example PPSH for the Germans in Stalingrad in some cases? I'm not sure but they might have used it.
  2. F

Give Squad Leaders bolt action rifles.

I read somewhere US Company COs and possibly other leaders (?) were given submachineguns because they weren't supposed to engage with the enemy as part of the main fires.
  3. F

Fire & Maneuver Realism Mod

This sort of mod is what im looking for to make RO a game I want to keep playing. My requests would be: MMG teams - with some sort of requirement that they stick together/mechanic for them to aid in usage of the MMG. A game mode where there are no tickets, but more rounds. I don't think...
  4. F

What Other Realism Games Are Out There?

If you want a realism community try "www.unitedoperations.net". Im a member, it is focused around Arma 2 (with ACRE, ACE and some other mods), and the ACRE mod was designed by one of our members (building on top of the older A2TS3 mod by another member of the Arma2 community). We focus on...
  5. F

MG 34 Barrel destroyed

Don't balance through historical inaccuracy, do it some other way. Give the Russians lower win conditions, or do it through map design or objective positioning. I personally wanted MG teams! A step forward in gameplay not just visuals. Gameplay was why I stopped playing in the first place...
  6. F

More dust from bullet hits

I'd like the dust to stick around a little for a while too, irl there would be a difference between outside and inside due to wind conditions but as that is unlikely to be possible some middle ground on how long it takes to disperse/blow away must be found. Something like 3-5 seconds? But it...
  7. F

I would say post-processing is unlkely to affect this much as you say, post processing is like adding after effects, such as motion blur, bloom, saturation, blurring, that type of thing, which are affected by what's already there in the game world. So it shouldn't affect whether the particle...
  8. F

Just to clarify, I did mean environmental dust (smoke?), but I would like it applied to players also if it is realistic. I know it was made a popular image by Saving Private Ryan/Band of Brothers (and it does look really cool) but I don't know the reality. I would guess there is some from a...
  9. F

Watching videos, bullets can kick up quite a lot of dust. I think this should be reflected in game, for visual purposes - note though that it would also have the secondary effect of supplementing suppression through obscuring an enemies view somewhat.
  10. F

Local VOIP

I have played a lot of Arma II online with a community called UO. We play with a realism mod called ACE and another mod called ACRE. ACRE utilises teamspeak and some information from the game to create spatial local VOIP. When you press your PTT key, what you say comes out of your character's...
  11. F

Bye Bye STG

Or a proper MG team.
  12. F

Head Bob While Running

I've been in deveopment for over twenty years and I'm not perfect. To be honest im almost unplayable - in first person anyway.
  13. F

Aiming

Hmm first logon since 11-01-06! Well what difference does it make? The player can't concentrate on two parts of the screen at once so blurring the area around the scope will only affect his ability to notice small movements in detail - and remove his ability to choose to focus outside the...
  14. F

Tactics Making it harder to blow up a tank with a satchel charge #SORRY PLEASE MOVE TO IDEAS#

As a satchel probably wouldn't have detroyed a tank unless it was placed under it, maybe you should have to go up to it so you are near front/rear (but you could still be to the side of the tank - just near enough the front to reach/throw under) and a message or symbol comes up indicating if you...
  15. F

TacticalGamer.com presents: Wednesday RO Night

Can the VOIP range be bypassed by using programs like Roger wilco etc.? or is it on a sort of honour system where players are expected not to cheat like this?
  16. F

Medic Class (Merged Discussion)

The reason there would be an incease in reinforcement numbers is to give the medic an incentive to stay with the body, therefore behaving realisticly. In game what reason would the medic have to stay with the body if the player has already respawned? I suppose you could have 2 minute spawns...
  17. F

I think the game would be fine with 60 sec respawn every time, it would make you more careful with your life, and therefore behave in a more realistic manner.
  18. F

You would be lying there only for the remainder of your respawn time, or until a medic comes for you - at which point you respawn.
  19. F

In conjunction with a one-minute spawn time every time, and the possibility for the players sometimes to be laying on the battlefield screaming for that minute instead of just being dead, you could have medics in the way they were used in WWII. If a medic sees someone who is not dead, but is...
  20. F

Grenades/sachel charges damaging tanks

I'm talking about in real life. I have some doubts that satchel charges would do as much damage to tanks as they do currently. SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT PLEASE POST