• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. H

On Splitting The Community

I agree with the OP. ROOST was nice and simple. Open server browser > Join populated server. RO2 = Open server browser > Filter servers by gamemode > Wait for refresh > See if anybody is playing in server of a particular game mode > Nobody is playing particular server > Exit Game > play an...
  2. H

Community poll

If only we had another 500 Mike Nomads to fill all those empty game servers.
  3. H

[Image] Screenshot & Movie Thread

Rather big image, but w/e not a whole lot worse than a giant .bmp :P space engine
  4. H

Ummm....you should play the RO Classic beta

They need to stuff it with the "RO_Classic" guise.. this is really what the game should have been like from the start and having three game modes is just going to make the game inconvenient to play, further reducing the player numbers. Make these gameplay tweaks the standard mode and...
  5. H

One big diff between vanilla RO2 and the Classic Beta

The problem isn't that 64 players is fundamentally bad, it's that the maps aren't designed for it. None of the maps can accommodate that many players. They cant support the performance load and they can't support it gameplay-wise either. If a few larger and more spaced out maps were made I...
  6. H

Red Orchestra 2: Poor Optimization?

Yeah, but on average (particularly the 6100) they do benchmark significantly higher in *most* applications, its not indefinite unfortunately. The fact that they failed so hard on the market is a bit of a boone for budget-builds because they cost virtually the same price as models that benchmark...
  7. H

Red Orchestra 2: Poor Optimization?

I bought a new computer very recently with a 6100 @ 3.3 ghz clock. I bought it because of it's fail-price (knocked down in price for the benchmarks) but it's cutting through RO2 like butter, constant 60 fps most of the time. The issue might just lie elsewhere.
  8. H

[Image] Sherman M4A3 (E8) reference photos

Welded shut :mad: This is what I meant by "neutered state." What better way to remember WW2 than by turning combat-tested miltiary equiptment into a useless and dysfunctional state. This is vancouver (bc)
  9. H

Rifles of the World

There's one million games like TF2, Coutner Strike, Battleifeld, and CoD. If people wanted to play those games then they'd play them, and they do. RO:OST delivered a different experience and that's why it was so popular. "True Gamers" was a poor choice of words. Its just that a fair...
  10. H

[Image] Sherman M4A3 (E8) reference photos

Finally took some time to go down to the armory and take some pictures of these monsters, either for general interest or for a reference for 3D modellers. Sorry for the photo qaulity, and sorry for the scummy and neutered condition the "caretakers" leave this living history in. Its easy to...
  11. H

Meet Mamayev - The Level Designer edition of What we are up to!

Neat. I was a bit puzzled that this wasn't in the first wave of stock maps actually. A tank or two would have been nice though, always wanted to ambush a tank with an AT rifle from inside a network of trenches. IIRC many tanks got destroyed during advances up the hill, though I could be wrong.
  12. H

December 14th "What We Are Up To"

Voted improved squad system. Teamplay is the most important aspect of any non-arcade online shooter. Take BF2 for example, the game is almost totally arcade but the squad experience is vastly superior to RO2. Spawning on squad leader should be default IMO (or if its selected, it should stay...
  13. H

Fallout 4 Idea

That third video there sums up my gripes about fallout 3. I loved Fallout 3's gameplay (I put many many hours into the game), but the story elements and many key elements of the setting itself are just outright silly, the main quest writing was cheesy and copypasta from previous games and it...
  14. H

Rare, mythological creature known as RO2 SDK

I cannot begin to describe how tired I am of people assuming "bigger = harder to run" The reason RO2 eats up so much performance is because of the volume of detail in the maps. travel simulator maps aren't going to be very demanding so long as structures and trees have proper LODs and there's...
  15. H

SDK is updating

This seems to work, thanks. It seems obvious in retrospect :p
  16. H

SDK is updating

I feel like a dummy asking, but I can't access game assets (IE: textures and static meshes) in the same way I can with the UDK, or RO1 Editor for that matter. It seems if I want to use a maps assets, I'll actually need to load the map up to see them in the content browser. Is there any way...
  17. H

How are riflemen going to be balanced?

I facepalm inside my mind every time I see people complain about this. Just about all games have an internal "health" value of 100... or 0 to 1 if you want to get technical (0 being dead and 1 being completely healthy) and depending on which hitbox you hit (chest, arms, elgs, etc) a damage...
  18. H

The Elder Scrolls V

Steam Centurions unintentionally confirmed..
  19. H

Im going to be honest the trailer was bad.

Well, Id say for something you're doing on the side it's quite good. Ive tried directing trailers before and it's hellish. On the topic of future trailers, I'm in (limited..) contact with Robert Stoneman. All the stuff I've seen from him is brilliant and he seems to enjoy working on it, even...
  20. H

Im going to be honest the trailer was bad.

Not sure anybody is making (negative) judgments on that, so far from just about every corner I've been listening from people seem to be happy with what they've seen so far. Out of curiosity, who directed the trailer?