• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. A

Skinning help please

Hi and thanks for the info, I see, then it looks like I'm stuck without being able to run the SDK. I'm not an online player and don't play the game online as I much prefer offline play so I was only trying to edit some textures for offline play. Thanks again, I'll have to pass on this, I have...
  2. A

Skinning help please

Okay, i give up, I've downloaded, installed and tried many different release versions of the UDK but no joy opening the RO2 upk files. Without a 32bit version of the SDK I'm stuck. Pity as I has some really nice uniform work in mind. Anyway I'll check back sometime and see if things change...
  3. A

Skinning help please

Hi, I've tried 5 different versions of the UDK now and still can't open imported RO2 packages. Aces
  4. A

Skinning help please

Still no joy with that version of the UDK but I'm getting closer: Unable to load package (C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra 2\ROGame\CookedPC\Packages\Characters\M36_German_Tunic.upk) PackageVersion 765, MaxExpected 765 : LicenseePackageVersion 766, MaxExpected 0. I...
  5. A

Skinning help please

Thanks I'll look for the September 2010 build, I'm running a later version. Much obliged for the assistance Aces
  6. A

Skinning help please

Hi, Unfortunately that didn't work. I tried to import the package as an external package so that I could then import the graphics file but it failed with every package that I tried to import with an error such as: "Unable to load package (C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra...
  7. A

Skinning help please

Thanks very much, I'll give it a try tonight :) Kind regards Aces
  8. A

Skinning help please

Hi and thanks for replying, I have extracted the textures using UMODEL from the relevant UPK files and edited them in photoshop, I want to re-package them, test them etc.. I have installed UDK for UT3 but couldn't figure out how to import textures back into UPK files. Regards Aces
  9. A

Skinning help please

Hi, So it looks like I'm stuffed without being able to run the SDK, what a pity. I thought there might be another way to modify textures, not all of us have x64 PCs. I've worked on IL-2 Sturmovik, Silent Hunter 3/4/5, Stell Fury and Bob v2.10 but looks like I cannot do so for RO2. Regards Aces
  10. A

Skinning help please

Hi, I have been working on a new uniform mod. I have successfully extracted the texture files form the UPK files using UMODEL but can't fathom out where to put them to display in game. I did download the SDK but cannot run it as all my PCs at home and work are 32bit Windows XP. I downloaded the...
  11. A

Finaly solved my Splash Screen crashing problems

Hi, as promised: I disabled the soundblaster card, re-enabled the on-board Realtek audio and then let it find a driver without installing the Realtek driver. Tried the game and it crashed at the Splash Screen with the usual rogame.exe error. I then installed the latesdt Realtech HD audio...
  12. A

Okay, will do. Regards Aces
  13. A

Yes, happily, I'll try that this evening and let you know. I have had this problem all along ever since day 1. the only way that I could ever get it working was by deleting the congig folder and letting the game re-create it but that didn't solve the crashing and lock ups issue. I do know that...
  14. A

Finally solved my Splash Screen crashing problems Hi, After several months of the game crashing on the Splash Screen or ocassionally running and then hanging or crashing during gameplay I have resolved my problems. One time the game ran but hung and the sound kept repeating so I started to...
  15. A

[Question] No sound after patch?

I noticed that after applying the latest patch yesterday evening that I had no sound. For some reason my sound mixer had muted the sound and I'm pretty sure that I haven't done this. I unmuted the sound and evrything was fine, bizare!.
  16. A

Doesn't Get Past the Splash Screen...

Hi chaps, Yesterday's patch actually seems to have solved the problem for me. It launched first time and didn't have the rogame.exe problem and I exited a couple of times and re-launched the game. I got a few hours in until it locked up on me requiring a cold reboot. I don't know what was in...
  17. A

[Question] game not launching despite using the solutions stickied.

I can't get the game to run 99% of the time so I don't have enough game time to report bugs. This should never have been released in this state.
  18. A

[Question] game not launching despite using the solutions stickied.

Okay, I give up, I've finally lost patience with this buggy game. I was finally able to run the game this evening. It hung and I had to do a cold reboot then it's back to the rogame.exe problem again. I'm uninstalling it, I've hardly managed to play for more than a couple of hours since...
  19. A

[Tuning] I get great performance on ultra/high settings..here is how. (Nvidia/dual core)

Thank you for taking the time to post your setting, much appreciated. I've got a very similar system to you so I look forward to trying them when they've fixed the rogame.exe splash screen problem and I can play the game :) thanks and kind regards Aces
  20. A

Doesn't Get Past the Splash Screen...

I've got the same problems. As of yesterday evening (18th Sept.) I still cannot get the game to run. I've tried all sorts of things but no joy. I have also got a core 2 duo. Played the game okay for a few hours when it was released but have had quite a few crashes. The irst patch caused the...