• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Floyd

The Vietnam War

The first installment of a 10 part documentary series by Ken Burns began on PBS tonight. First installment was very interesting. I recommend setting aside some time to watch this informative documentary. From my phone...
  2. Floyd

Server Server Crash

Had my first server crash, so I don't know if its a common occurrence or not. Server was full 64/64 and a few minutes into VNSU-AnLaoValley. Its a Intel Xeon E5-2667v2 (Ivy Bridge-E 3.3ghz) rented from NFO.servers. The server has been performing flawlessly. Here is a link to the .dmp file...
  3. Floyd

Duping XP

I had a guy in chat telling people how to dupe their XP. I have not followed up to see if its true. One of the devs or forum moderators can PM me if they're interested.
  4. Floyd

Server Players Farming XP

I ran across three players today on one of my skirmish servers that were 'farming xp'. In the past, I thought there had to be a minimum number of players that had to be on the server for this to be effective. These particular players would vote kick whoever joined the server. (Needless to...
  5. Floyd

Server Can't join empty server

I don't know if this is a server issue or a client issue. It has happened to me twice. In Skirmish gamemode, if I join my own dedicated server (on a server farm) and now players are on, the following happens. I join the server. Select the team and role I want. Click Ready. The title bar at...
  6. Floyd

Whatever happened to civil criticism and discourse?

Wow! <rant> I've been away from the series and forums a few years and I come back with the new launch and virtually every title and post contains entitled demands. ie: "Fix this! It Sucks! You Suck for Even Thinking I Would Enjoy This! Why Did You Include This Game Killing Bug in the Final...
  7. Floyd

Server Clientside vs Serverside hit detection

Admittedly, after RO:OST I only put in about 550 hours of playtime in RO2/RS and even less admin time before taking leave of the series. I've only participated in wave 7 and the open beta weekend of RS2:VN. So if I've overlooked a recent thread or topic about this, please forgive me and point...
  8. Floyd

Because its so easy

All you expert shooters out there (you know the ones, shooting someone at 300 yards is easy), need to watch this video honoring an 86 year old veteran. Listen to dialogue. Try to understand grouping and rifle capabilities. Anyway, its a good listen for all. When you got it, you got it...is...
  9. Floyd

Humble Weekly Sale

Featuring Bohemia this week: http://us7.campaign-archive2.com/?u=a42731fd3353ff4c76f7f11bb&id=be0c8549b4&e=21afd04cc5
  10. Floyd

Server Players with no names

I realize that there are some international character sets that don't translate to the game very well. However, in the WebAdmin I've been seeing a lot of players with all ????? for their names. These names show up as blanks during the game for the kill messages, on the scoreboard, in voip and...
  11. Floyd

Server Kill Message Bug?

In playing with the Kill Message options on the server, I'm not seeing any difference between "Own" and "Own Deaths" when set on the server. Both seem to show not only the players kills, but the players deaths as well. Unless I'm mistaken, 'Own' shows the player's kills and deaths. Where as...
  12. Floyd

RS Server Kill message bug?

I'm posting this here (and in the dedicated server section) to be sure a dev sees it. In playing with the Kill Message options on the server, I'm not seeing any difference between "Own" and "Own Deaths" when set on the server. Both seen to show not only the players kills, but the players...
  13. Floyd

Squad [50pc.] Memorial Day Blast

[50pc.] will be hosting servers this weekend with settings to exemplify the struggle of Pacific Theatre combat. Settings: All servers: No Kill Cam (Never on) No Kill Messages...None. As is "Did I kill that guy?" (this weekend on Custom server only) No player names. (this weekend only) Custom...
  14. Floyd

Ping and what to do about it....a suggestion.

Remove it from the scoreboard. If a player wants to see it in game, he can type in a command. Either that, or divide by two what is shown..... All game long, new players say "ZOOMG. Laggg. My ping is 100." Its incredibly annoying and impertinent to the battle raging. Just my two...
  15. Floyd

Server Campaign Server keeps hanging.

My campaign server keeps "hanging" at the end of a round. I can't tell what the cause is. The log files don't say anything. The server just sits at the end of the round screen and generally shows a time remain of -1. Seems to happen on a variety of maps. At first I thought it was only...
  16. Floyd

EA voted worst company 2 years in a row

Getting 78% of the vote on the consumerists website, EA garners this coveted position for a second straight year. After seeing a 60% drop in their stock price during his tenure as CEO, John Riccitiello will be stepping down. Perhaps some of the other gaming companies should take note...
  17. Floyd

Lewis & Clark's Air Rifle.....really fascinating

I found this to be quite fascinating. I wasn't even aware of this weapon or of its power and rapid fire capabilities.... Girandoni air rifle as used by Lewis and Clark. A National Firearms Museum Treasure Gun. - YouTube
  18. Floyd

[Game] Antichamber

Has anyone else played this mind bending game? http://store.steampowered.com/app/219890/
  19. Floyd

Garand fun

I had a bit of fun today. Last week I succumbed to my yearning for an M1 Garand and purchased a one owner CMP Garand at a local gun show. I broke it down, cleaned the cosmoline out and reassembled it today. I couldn’t wait to take it out and shoot it….do I did. tldr Bio...;) Here’s a view...
  20. Floyd

The National WWI Museum: New Orleans

Next week, the wife and I are going slip down to New Orleans between the Super Bowl and Mardi Gras. One of my priorities is to spend at least one day in the museum. It is the premier museum covering WWII in the US. Appropriately, they've renamed the street it flanks on both sides to Andrew...