• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. S

Squad Creating a realism unit.

Dropping a list of names of former community members means little in the general scheme of things when the subject at hand is the current status and restoration of a realism community in Red Orchestra 2. Most units, ours included (16. Panzer-Division), had given up on the game at some point in...
  2. S

RS American Helmets

Compelling argument as always.
  3. S

RO2 Rising Storm has Katanas, R02:HOS Needs Entrenching Tools!

There's nothing wrong with the Americans having their own melee weapon, and the Germans and Soviets should also have entrenching tools available. It needn't be as effective as a katana, nor does it need to be too weak to be useful. My suggestion would be that you would swing it with a single...
  4. S

German speech

Some of the Russian voice clips: Heroes of Stalingrad Voice Clips - YouTube
  5. S

RO 2 & What It Means to Me

Ahh, Mike Nomad, the true authority on politics and racial issues. :rolleyes: I recall RGN whining and permanently banning members of my unit for playing infantry on tank maps (Could always, I don't know, edit the map to remove infantry roles? Just a thought.). Given your treatment of my...
  6. S

So, Tripwire, can we actually choose what we've unlocked?

I'd like essentially the list that Kleist posted on the first page. Only addition I'd really make is making the anti-tank magnetic mine actually magnetic so you would have to run up and attach it, instead of tossing a conical design that isn't meant for throwing.
  7. S

The list of low hanging fruit: simple yet annoying issues that should have easy fixes

Another couple of strange glitches that could use some addressing: 1. The random screaming and crying near the stairwell of a building across a field on the Barracks map. It's weird and distracting if you're anywhere in the vicinity of it and trying to focus on the enemy. 2. Encountered a...
  8. S

Games of today

That is pretty bad, indeed. The trailer for Brothers-in-Arms: Furious Four is completely awful, too. They should have just gone with a movie license and called "Inglourious Basterds: The Video Game".
  9. S

Games lately...

I'm usually one of the first people in an objective, and I'm well aware that the rifle is going to be disadvantaged as a result of me being in close quarters with the enemy. My score consists almost entirely of getting into or trying to defend objectives. I've read about the experiences of other...
  10. S

RO1 realism comparison to RO2 realism. Trying to be unbiased.

Another idea I agree with. I think that longer spawn queues might throw people off, but moving the spawns back further away might be a better option, especially in light of the spawn camping that happens on some maps. Part of what I enjoyed about Ostfront was actually getting to the objectives...
  11. S

RO2 The Future

To address something in the original post: I don't play Killing Floor, but I've seen it mentioned that Killing Floor has had some sort of event(s) going on lately, and people mentioned that to explain the jump in players as displayed on a graph comparing its activity to RO2. If that's true...
  12. S

Games lately...

It also works fairly well in Grain Elevator, as Soviet assault troopers realize they can easily run around the German spawn mowing down players as soon as they respawn. Open spaces do work against the run-and-gunners, but this is also somewhat negated due to the accuracy and lethality of...
  13. S

RO1 realism comparison to RO2 realism. Trying to be unbiased.

I agree with pretty much everything you said, especially in regards to inertia and movement over inclines or unstable surfaces. The suggestions regarding reduced speed in swinging larger weapons around I've seen on the forums would help solve the problems with the assault troop machine gunners...
  14. S

Games lately...

Yeah, comparing the matter of adapting to run-and-gun style gameplay because you can to killing someone is an incredible exaggeration and not an apt comparison. I understand what the point is, though. Running and gunning is a route towards which many players adapted because the game allows and...
  15. S

Games lately...

"Flying through the air with the People's Elbow and laying the smackdown on those German Jabronis!"
  16. S

Destructable environment/buidings..

I think convincing and gameplay-altering destruction is certainly possible in RO2, though I've read that the UE can suffer in performance from high usage of elements such as destroyable meshes. I experimented with destruction while mapping in Ostfront, and the file size of the map alone...
  17. S

Games lately...

While running and gunning exists in Ostfront and its mods, I don't understand why people bring it up as though it's some sort of solid rebuttal of concerns that RO2 is conducive to run-and-gun gameplay. If anything, the fact that such gamey elements existed in Ostfront makes it even less...
  18. S

Please end the spawncamping on Station

It's also pretty simple to spawn camp the Russians once they start spawning behind the wall. While respawning with the Soviet team, we were ripped apart by a German machine gunner who set up on the one of the bridges, looking into our spawn.
  19. S

Germans either suffer from tunnel vision, extreme stupidity or deafness.

Frankly, I'm amazed they managed to ignore you and even get to the base of the Grain Elevator. Every time I play it on a public server, the German team gets mowed down in spawn by distant machine gunners and the assault troopers who are dancing around about five feet out of spawn waiting for...
  20. S

someone liked this game =)

Well, I don't think Ostfront is being entirely excused for its problems - hope not, anyway, since it had a fair number of its own. But It's pretty ridiculous for people to claim the RO2 is a shining beacon of realism when the obvious intent as put forth in Tripwire's posts was to make it...