• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Crash upon connecting to a server (5 years old bug)

Neuro75013

Grizzled Veteran
  • Sep 19, 2016
    Hi there,

Category: Code

Reproducibility: Always

Description: The game will crash to desktop with a bug splat message. This bug happens once every 10 games or so, is present since 2015 and reproducible across all the PC I have. I do not crash mid game, and my computers do not crash while playing any other games even after hours of gaming (CS:GO, Quake series, UT, Age of Empires series etc.). i have a few other games using UE3 and UE4 engines and have not trouble with them.

This bug happens to all of my friends too.

Online/Offline: Online. This never happen when I start a solo match.

PS : I did some search on internet and some players using modded servers (Controlled Difficulty) claim that this bugs also happen a lot on their servers, changing this fixes it supposedly (I did not tried it as I don't know what this command do. I might go to the Unreal Engine Dev community forum if noone knows what this does) :

My Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Config
    then find file KFEngine.ini
    Change
    MaxObjectsNotConsideredByGC=179220
    to
    MaxObjectsNotConsideredByGC=33476

Regards.

The KFEngine.ini works, I had no crash since then, but I still don't know what it does. I also had 2 graphical bugs since (had no graphical bugs before), Faty boss was invisible once, and some distant lights on Containment Station were blinking with mouse movement.

The game also felt more lagy overall despite having the same framerate (fluctuate btw 120 and 250).

Win10
    GTX 1080 Ti
    16 Go RAM
    NVMe SSD
    Everything up to date

Upvote 0
    i decided to make a clean re-instal. Deleted the remaining KF2 Steam folder in Steamapps and the screenshot folders in userdata but when installing it says at some point during the instal : detecting existing KF2 files.

And I can see that it saved some options such as audio options and skins/gears setup.

I suspect there is another folder with saves inside the Steam usedata folder (as thew one I deleted only had screenshots) but I don't know which one as they all have obscure names. Can I have an answer on which folders are from KF2?

e: here is the last bit of traces I found after uninstalling from what I am aware of : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\1908258\232090

Last edited:
    Upvote 0