• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

HUD/UI Options (Attack effects/ health bars/ damage numbers) - Photomode

THE DAWNRUNNER

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 7, 2020
Ok so i can't wait for this game to release, may 22nd can't come soon enough! Although i remember seeing differences in gameplay shown now and at other earlier gaming events and after seeing the video options in today's stream i have a couple questions/ suggestions.

So i know this game is pitched as an rpg but at the same time i remember hearing it's also imagined as a 'reality' TV show and to me that seems (especially with the narrator and shark facts) to give off a real nat-geo vibe. However, there are attack effects like the red lines/circles when you bite or tail whip, damage number and health bars.

I understand that the health bars are important especially for taking on apex animals and i understand why attack effects/ indicators are important for enemies (so that you can react accordingly to their attacks) but at the same time i feel everything else, even the 2 exceptions i just mentioned, could take away from the immersion and just take away the feeling like im actually in this real underwater world. Especially when i see these incredible looking environments the team have made.

I'd love an option to disable specific HUD/UI elements such as these just so those who don't want them on can disable them, and those who do can leave them be. I'd love to just go swimming around the entire map almost like i'm actually watching footage of a shark (Theres also possibility for increased difficulty when the health bars and attack effects/indicators are removed).

Also on the topic of awesome looking environments i think a photomode would suit this game perfectly!

Ok so i can't wait for this game to release, may 22nd can't come soon enough! Although i remember seeing differences in gameplay shown now and at other earlier gaming events and after seeing the video options in today's stream i have a couple questions/ suggestions.

So i know this game is pitched as an rpg but at the same time i remember hearing it's also imagined as a 'reality' TV show and to me that seems (especially with the narrator and shark facts) to give off a real nat-geo vibe. However, there are attack effects like the red lines/circles when you bite or tail whip, damage number and health bars.

I understand that the health bars are important especially for taking on apex animals and i understand why attack effects/ indicators are important for enemies (so that you can react accordingly to their attacks) but at the same time i feel everything else, even the 2 exceptions i just mentioned, could take away from the immersion and just take away the feeling like im actually in this real underwater world. Especially when i see these incredible looking environments the team have made.

I'd love an option to disable specific HUD/UI elements such as these just so those who don't want them on can disable them, and those who do can leave them be. I'd love to just go swimming around the entire map almost like i'm actually watching footage of a shark (Theres also possibility for increased difficulty when the health bars and attack effects/indicators are removed).

Also on the topic of awesome looking environments i think a photomode would suit this game perfectly!
I literally just made a post requesting for the same thing as you I’m just reading yours no my friend. I’m glad I’m not the only one who thinks this. Hopefully enough people can speak out on this and the devs can make it an option to turn off! They said in their stream last week that enough people ask for it then they can take a look and see what they can do so please keep this up!

Upvote 0
I had made a similar thread with these exact same requests before. It'snice to see someone request it.

I agree that there should be some option to turn off the U.I and the red teeth bite effect. There should also be a nice photo-mode for the game, this is the perfect game for a photo-mode.
I agree with you as well

Upvote 0