• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Option to prestige after rank 5?

Coffee009

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 6, 2012
Ohio
I'm somebody who basically lives for the grind, and I wish there would be an option to 'dry' prestige after achieving the max possible rank for a perk. Even if the reward is lessened/not given, I'd still like to go from 1-25 on my maxed out perks, because after hitting 25 I have like no drive to play as that perk anymore. Maybe it's a me thing. Even before prestiging was in the game I would just wipe my progress to start all over again because I think leveling up is fun.

Reactions: LilStout
Or what if once you hit max, you could revert all level AND prestige progress but you keep xp multiplier and get a counter on your perk icon that tracks how many times you've done this.
I feel the same. I like seeing a number go up while I kill stuff and i dont like playing max level perks anymore when there are perks i could be leveling.

Upvote 0
IMO, the current prestige levels should be buffed. I still think that we could do with alternate Tier 1 weapons for prestige ranks (i.e: starting with the 1897 as a Gunslinger instead of the dual 1858s)

I don't think having alternate T1 guns as prestige rewards would necessarily be unbalanced as such guns would always be available at the trader and if we look at the Gunslinger's arsenal, I really wouldn't say that there aren't any Tier 1 weapons that are better or worse than one another.

Upvote 0
I'm torn, I maxed out a couple of events ago and while I greatly miss not getting Vault crates for prestiging [wish was another way to get these more frequently] I don't miss grinding 10 perks again and again
Having Zed abilities readily available is a godsend, especially considering i seem to get HoE almost every day as a challenge lol

Upvote 0