• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is this going to be Epic store exclusive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow you bought a physical copy, nice, where will you install it? Yeah Epic. Obviously the Epic exclusive is for PC, consoles have their own stores.
No, it's a PS4 copy.... The advantage of consoles is that they have non-DRM physical copies, so that's that.

If you can't wait a year or something fir it to be non-Epic exclusive in an age where games have the possibility of being GoG, Steam, Epic or Origin exclusives, you probably shouldn't be a pc gamer.

Additionally I always find it strange and self-contradictory when people complain about Epic exclusivity but don't complain about Steam's exclusivity, or GoG's or Origin's.

Upvote 0
No, it's a PS4 copy.... The advantage of consoles is that they have non-DRM physical copies, so that's that.

If you can't wait a year or something fir it to be non-Epic exclusive in an age where games have the possibility of being GoG, Steam, Epic or Origin exclusives, you probably shouldn't be a pc gamer.

Additionally I always find it strange and self-contradictory when people complain about Epic exclusivity but don't complain about Steam's exclusivity, or GoG's or Origin's.
I have nothing about companies who have their own stores like EPIC, BUT for their OWN GAMES (talking about exclusives here).
I want my games to be only on Steam I don't want a dozen different platforms accounts, hence why I DON'T BUY GAMES ON ANOTHER PLATFORM THAN STEAM (I actually have one Uplay game because it wasn't advertised on the Steam page store it took them a year or something to add the info on the Steam page), and I have some of the FREE Epic games, but I will definitely boycott every single game as an EPIC EXCLUSIVE, because I DO NOT WANT TO SUPPORT THIS KIND OF PRACTICE, if as a player you agree with PC EXCLUSIVES that's your problem but I, and globally around me people feel the same, do not accept that.
What EPIC is doing is trying to get over other platforms by spraying money on all devs, trying to have games monopoly, I 100% disagree with that, as a consumer I don't want to be forced to surbscribe to their platform, to give their platform money (and inherently my datas), hence the boycott.

Also I never heared of GOG, Steam, or other platforms, paying devs to NOT RELEASE their game on other platforms, for me that's a lie, maybe you can prove me wrong I don't know? Maybe you're misinformed or trying to be a smartass ignoring well known facts? there may be game only available through this or that platform, that doesn't mean a shitty company paid the devs to avoid them to release it elsewhere.

EDIT: also what does refusing shitty forced monopoly methods has to do with being a PC gamer (which you say I shouldn't be)?

EDIT2: and yeah, if it is a console copy you're buying, obviously the EPIC exclusive is irrelevant.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have nothing about companies who have their own stores like EPIC, BUT for their OWN GAMES (talking about exclusives here).
I want my games to be only on Steam I don't want a dozen different platforms accounts, hence why I DON'T BUY GAMES ON ANOTHER PLATFORM THAN STEAM (I actually have one Uplay game because it wasn't advertised on the Steam page store it took them a year or something to add the info on the Steam page), and I have some of the FREE Epic games, but I will definitely boycott every single game as an EPIC EXCLUSIVE, because I DO NOT WANT TO SUPPORT THIS KIND OF PRACTICE, if as a player you agree with PC EXCLUSIVES that's your problem but I, and globally around me people feel the same, do not accept that.
What EPIC is doing is trying to get over other platforms by spraying money on all devs, trying to have games monopoly, I 100% disagree with that, as a consumer I don't want to be forced to surbscribe to their platform, to give their platform money (and inherently my datas), hence the boycott.

Also I never heared of GOG, Steam, or other platforms, paying devs to NOT RELEASE their game on other platforms, for me that's a lie, maybe you can prove me wrong I don't know? Maybe you're misinformed or trying to be a smartass ignoring well known facts? there may be game only available through this or that platform, that doesn't mean a shitty company paid the devs to avoid them to release it elsewhere.

EDIT: also what does refusing shitty forced monopoly methods has to do with being a PC gamer (which you say I shouldn't be)?

EDIT2: and yeah, if it is a console copy you're buying, obviously the EPIC exclusive is irrelevant.
Strange argument.

Even if you claim to be only on Steam, realistically, I highly doubt that you aren't using some other launcher such as uPlay or the like or an account connectivity or even Denuvo inclusion in some game on Steam which requires some sort of authentification if that's where we are going with this. Most quality games seem to have one of these things.

As for exlcusivity on GoG, Steam Greenlight and Origin Premiere, yes there are exclusives. While there is no evidence that they pay devs to make a deal, there are other obvious advantages that these platforms give them over being on multiple stores on pc, and additionally there is no evidence that Steam, GoG and Origin don't pay devs and publishers for timed exclusivity.

The thing to remember here is that Epic paying devs for exclusivity isn't shady business practice, it's not really any different from console timed exclusives. The thing here is that you hate that your wallet vote becoming irrelevant for a year or so, and the devs now have the ability to choose to flourish without your permission.

Reply to your edit: Don't put words in my mouth, as I said before this isn't about "****" practices, this is about handling things like temporary exclusive deals in a mature way. Can you wait a year to play the game on your perferred marketplace? Or will you pass judgment because of the name Epic being attached instead of playing the game?

Reply to your second edit: If I like the game enough, I'll buy it on Epic and then when it releases on Steam, I don't discriminate against any marketplace/store or platform. I want good games to be successful, I want great devs to be rewarded and no internet randoms with silly vendettas are going to control my purchases.

I have seen this all too often, when people join a forum to express their hate for Epic, having no real interest int the game or the quality of it. They call Epic's exclusive deals anti-consumer but in their hypocrisy, seek to control how others purchase. If someone like me who points out the facts says something they hate then they'll call me a white-knight or claim I'm defending Epic but that's not what this is. Rather I'm just saying that it's a bit unfair for pc gamers to make such brash claims when they don't have much knowledge of business practices and how the deals are helping devs/publishers even if the game doesn't sell particularly well.

Reply to your second edit: As I've said plenty before, I'm not too worried about if the game will succeed or not on pc because I already know it'll succeed on console without a doubt. And if a mobile port happens in the future, that would succeed without risk as well. Most PC gamers realize this and it seems to make them more bitter but all they have to do is acquire the ability to be patient and wait a year, it's really not that long to play a great game, and no, if GTA5, Metro Exodus, Hades (games which were Epic exclusives) and all the others are any indication, it won't affect sales at all - as all these games sold highly as expected on both Epic and Steam.

Edit: Also bare in mind, that if I bought one game on Epic Games to support a dev/game that doesn't make me a supporter of Epic though this is the internet and someone out will try to convince me otherwise - thank God that we all have our decisions to make. I choose not to live in paranoia but enjoy the games I want to play and support genuine honest devs succeed.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: utek and ®omano
Upvote 0
LOL almost everything is unrelated or seems like you didn't even read what I wrote.

Even if you claim to be only on Steam, realistically, I highly doubt that you aren't using some other launcher such as uPlay or the like or an account connectivity or even Denuvo inclusion in some game on Steam which requires some sort of authentification if that's where we are going with this. Most quality games seem to have one of these things.

You can doubt I actually don't give a dang.. that's irrelevant. I said it, I only buy games on Steam and avoid all other platforms I do not want dozens account. I also said I have one Uplay game because they did not put the info on their Steam page. I also said I have some FREE epic game but since they are going monopoly BS I now boycott them. My choice.
Now you talk about Denuvo or other non sense... and go off topic talking about most games having anti piracy protections... OK I pass topic is EPIC EXCLUSIVES

As for exlcusivity on GoG, Steam Greenlight and Origin Premiere, yes there are exclusives. While there is no evidence that they pay devs to make a deal, there are other obvious advantages that these platforms give them over being on multiple stores on pc, and additionally there is no evidence that Steam, GoG and Origin don't pay devs and publishers for timed exclusivity.
Again non sense. You're saying that as we have no proof that Steam or others don't pay devs secretly for exclusivity.. OK, and so what? What does it have to do with the topic (EPIC EXCLUSIVE, they give money to dev for them to NOT PUT their games elsewhere, which we have proof of, proofs that don't exist for any other platform to my knowledge)? I also said exactly that, there may be other games only available on specific platforms, OK, that's a dev decision, this has nothing to do with EPIC PAYING DEVS TO AVOID THEM PUTTING THEIR GAME ON ANOTHER PLATFORMS. In that case too bad for these game, I only buy on Steam.

The thing to remember here is that Epic paying devs for exclusivity isn't shady business practice, it's not really any different from console timed exclusives. The thing here is that you hate that your wallet vote becoming irrelevant for a year or so, and the devs now have the ability to choose to flourish without your permission.

I disagree with console exclusives too and this is what EPIC is bringing to the PC world. I disagree with that as I stated before. For it being the same as the console exclusives doesn't make it better. I consider it to be shady, disgusting, business practice, totally.
Also you're bringing the wallet point, (out of nowhere but whatever), hu, yeah, my wallet vote is relevant. I don't give money to a company I disagree with, company doesn't have my money. Simple as that. Then more off topic irrelevant BS with devs not needing my permission to flourish... OK....

Reply to your edit: Don't put words in my mouth, as I said before this isn't about "****" practices, this is about handling things like temporary exclusive deals in a mature way. Can you wait a year to play the game on your perferred marketplace? Or will you pass judgment because of the name Epic being attached instead of playing the game?

First you say "don't put words in my mouth", what I didn't do, because you said "if you can't wait blabla.." which first has nothing to do with what I said previously (you actually kinda put words in my mouth wow.. like if I said I would not wait or whatever), and said I shouldn't be a PC gamer because of that, what I said previously, and the only thing I said is that it will be an EPIC exclusive. Never talked about waiting or not waiting the Steam release.
So, What has not agreeing with EPIC's shitty business practice (what I do, I, me, myself (in case you think I put words in your mouth) disagree) to do with not being a PC gamer? question avoided.

Reply to your second edit: If I like the game enough, I'll buy it on Epic and then when it releases on Steam, I don't discriminate against any marketplace/store or platform. I want good games to be successful, I want great devs to be rewarded and no internet randoms with silly vendettas are going to control my purchases.

OK the SJW vocabulary, not a good start... Poor EPIC I discriminate ho poor them... Yeah I DISCRIMINATE (here we say I make consumer choices but whatever), and decide to not buy on this shitty platform since they want to bring this BS EXCLUSIVE to the PC world, trying to have a monopoly at the expense of consumers. Again you put words in my mouth I never 'tried to control your purchase' with my silly vendetta WTF are you talking about again? I'm expressing my opinion about the topic. If it is not clear again, quoting myself "THAT IS YOUR PROBLEM" if you accept that, how is that trying to control your purchase, do whatever you want as I already stated.

I have seen this all too often, when people join a forum to express their hate for Epic, having no real interest int the game or the quality of it. They call Epic's exclusive deals anti-consumer but in their hypocrisy, seek to control how others purchase. If someone like me who points out the facts says something they hate then they'll call me a white-knight or claim I'm defending Epic but that's not what this is. Rather I'm just saying that it's a bit unfair for pc gamers to make such brash claims when they don't have much knowledge of business practices and how the deals are helping devs/publishers even if the game doesn't sell particularly well.

Another off topic / irrelevant / lies paragraph.. (lies because you're saying that like it is what happens here, I just replied to your off topic, nobody is forcing you to not buy EPIC, nobody is calling you white knight or whatever...) and yeah, also yes you're obviously defending EPIC so what are you talking about.. here, read again the order of event:

- I say game will be EPIC exclusive (replying to first post, at this point it is already obvious we're talking about PC, as EPIC is on PC)
- People come and say 'no it is not exclusive' (maybe because misinformed or because talking about consoles)
- I say again yes it will be EPIC exclusive, link to the official FAQ stating exactly that
- then you're assuming I can't wait, and because there are other platforms where some games are only sold on (cool, this has nothing to do with the money spraying EPIC is doing to avoid games to be on other platforms) so I shouldn't be a PC gamer.

^ The above seems to me you jumped on the topic to go in your EPIC defense mode (I wouldn't dare calling you an EPIC White Knight though :geek:) when it was off topic.

As I've said plenty before, I'm not too worried about if the game will succeed or not on pc because I already know it'll succeed on console without a doubt. And if a mobile port happens in the future, that would succeed without risk as well. Most PC gamers realize this and it seems to make them more bitter but all they have to do is acquire the ability to be patient and wait a year, it's really not that long to play a great game, and no, if GTA5, Metro Exodus, Hades (games which were Epic exclusives) and all the others are any indication, it won't affect sales at all - as all these games sold highly as expected on both Epic and Steam.

Again another off topic irrelevant paragraph (as a direct reply to what I previously said).... talking about the game succeeding anyway on consoles, and PC gamers being bitter because games sell on console, WTF are you talking about seriously.. Never talked about sales or whatever, again, topic: EPIC EXCLUSIVE (which to recenter on topic, the game will be).

Good waste of time, nice trolling. Unsubscribe. Click.

PS: tldr is "waste of time, nice troll", too much time during quarantine days

Last edited:
Upvote 0
LOL almost everything is unrelated or seems like you didn't even read what I wrote.
Strange you claim that when everything I wrote was related to your comment....
You can doubt I actually don't give a dang.. that's irrelevant. I said it, I only buy games on Steam and avoid all other platforms I do not want dozens account. I also said I have one Uplay game because they did not put the info on their Steam page. I also said I have some FREE epic game but since they are going monopoly BS I now boycott them. My choice.
That's all cool but I still don't believe that you don't play any games that use any external launchers or authentification and what's worse is that you'll never be able to prove this to us. I'm willing to bet a months worth of my salary that you do in fact play the free games on Epic that they give away.
Now you talk about Denuvo or other non sense... and go off topic talking about most games having anti piracy protections... OK I pass topic is EPIC EXCLUSIVES
It's not off topic, usually the type of people who join forums just to express their hate for names such as Epic, DRM or Denuvo often have no general knowledge of their own argument outside their narrow-minded assumptions. The monkey-see, monkey-do patterns are displayed even here by your comments. Thry are all the same, they end up insulting the people who prove them wrong, call them out or even just only disagree with them. Nothing new here.
Again non sense. You're saying that as we have no proof that Steam or others don't pay devs secretly for exclusivity.. OK, and so what? What does it have to do with the topic (EPIC EXCLUSIVE, they give money to dev for them to NOT PUT their games elsewhere, which we have proof of, proofs that don't exist for any other platform to my knowledge)? I also said exactly that, there may be other games only available on specific platforms, OK, that's a dev decision, this has nothing to do with EPIC PAYING DEVS TO AVOID THEM PUTTING THEIR GAME ON ANOTHER PLATFORMS. In that case too bad for these game, I only buy on Steam.
Then please, by all means, provide proof against this instead of giving readers the false notion of "My word is greater than yours because I don't like what you're saying".
I disagree with console exclusives too and this is what EPIC is bringing to the PC world. I disagree with that as I stated before. For it being the same as the console exclusives doesn't make it better. I consider it to be shady, disgusting, business practice, totally.
Also you're bringing the wallet point, (out of nowhere but whatever), hu, yeah, my wallet vote is relevant. I don't give money to a company I disagree with, company doesn't have my money. Simple as that. Then more off topic irrelevant BS with devs not needing my permission to flourish... OK....
Again, you consider it shady because you don't want to wait, nobody is twisting your arm here so there's nothing shady going on, you're essentially blaming Tripwire for you forcing yourself not to use another store (which has a free launcher) or because you lack the virtue of patience.
First you say "don't put words in my mouth", what I didn't do, because you said "if you can't wait blabla.." which first has nothing to do with what I said previously (you actually kinda put words in my mouth wow.. like if I said I would not wait or whatever), and said I shouldn't be a PC gamer because of that, what I said previously, and the only thing I said is that it will be an EPIC exclusive.
Because you did imply I said something different, you also took it quite personally which shows in this comment as well as the last. I figure smart people would be able to read comin sense social cues but it's obvious you had an agenda and I combated that agenda.
Never talked about waiting or not waiting the Steam release.
So, What has not agreeing with EPIC's shitty business practice (what I do, I, me, myself (in case you think I put words in your mouth) disagree) to do with not being a PC gamer? question avoided.
If you were willing to wait without whining, you wouldn't be so offended and acted so immaturely, I proved you wrong on multiple fronts so you resorted to making it seem like I was saying something I didn't, now you're claiming that I went off-topic and am trolling you just because I explained where I was coming from and gave you facts you couldn't rebuttle.
OK the SJW vocabulary, not a good start... Poor EPIC I discriminate ho poor them... Yeah I DISCRIMINATE (here we say I make consumer choices but whatever), and decide to not buy on this shitty platform since they want to bring this BS EXCLUSIVE to the PC world, trying to have a monopoly at the expense of consumers. Again you put words in my mouth I never 'tried to control your purchase' with my silly vendetta WTF are you talking about again? I'm expressing my opinion about the topic. If it is not clear again, quoting myself "THAT IS YOUR PROBLEM" if you accept that, how is that trying to control your purchase, do whatever you want as I already stated.
SJW? Seems like you're doing your best to try to bully me into silence and make me look as bad/weak as possible at the same time. Also looks like I struck a nerve with my last comment, the way you're acting here proves my point.

Thing is that my comment wasn't even about you directly but the fact tht you've taken this so hard is enough to show us what intent you must've really had on this forum. The REAL PROBLEM as you put it, doesn't exist. You can wait or you can't but don't trash good business and pro-consumerism with your dusguised anti-comsumer lies and hidden way to try to get people not to purchase the game. We all see that.
Another off topic / irrelevant / lies paragraph.. (lies because you're saying that like it is what happens here, I just replied to your off topic, nobody is forcing you to not buy EPIC, nobody is calling you white knight or whatever...) and yeah, also yes you're obviously defending EPIC so what are you talking about.. here, read again the order of event:
That's the thing though, I simply stated facts that you can't combat so your only defense or argument is name calling or claiming I defend Epic lol
- I say game will be EPIC exclusive (replying to first post, at this point it is already obvious we're talking about PC, as EPIC is on PC)
You didn't clarify. Don't blame others for your inability to communicate clearly on the forums.
- People come and say 'no it is not exclusive' (maybe because misinformed or because talking about consoles)
Again, how is it anyone's fault for your bad communication skills? We cannot read your mind, after all. It's your job to be specific, your laziness shouldn't penalize readers and no, we were not wrong to process the way we did.
- I say again yes it will be EPIC exclusive, link to the official FAQ stating exactly that
It's a TIMED exclusive. Get over it. You keep on going over the facts here and acting as if the timed part doesn't exist to feed your agenda. How convinient.
- then you're assuming I can't wait, and because there are other platforms where some games are only sold on (cool, this has nothing to do with the money spraying EPIC is doing to avoid games to be on other platforms) so I shouldn't be a PC gamer.
If you had no problem to wait, you wouldn't be here writing in a way that insults users for simply stating that it's a timed exclusive and nobody is forcing you to buy on Epic right now.
^ The above seems to me you jumped on the topic to go in your EPIC defense mode (I wouldn't dare calling you an EPIC White Knight though :geek:) when it was off topic.
Sure thing, as I said before, I knew you would. This was inevitable as you couldn't admit the truth as it didn't line up with your agenda and support your mentality on the forum. If I support a dev and tell you that they had a good reason forctaking the Epic deal, you'll call me an "Epic fanboy". Your cultic mentality isn't anything new in the anti-Epic sheeple group. You hate Epic for no other reason than they gave a dev monry to make their game better in exchange for a year on their platform. Boohoo and sad that you can't help but cry about that and call people random names and write with cap-locks to boot.
Again another off topic irrelevant paragraph (as a direct reply to what I previously said).... talking about the game succeeding anyway on consoles, and PC gamers being bitter because games sell on console, WTF are you talking about seriously.. Never talked about sales or whatever, again, topic: EPIC EXCLUSIVE (which to recenter on topic, the game will be).
PC gamers are the most bitter gamers. They hold grudges over ghosts, things that don't exist. If a dev or publisher does something they don't like then they feel entitled to trash a dev or the people who enjoy the games from that dev. Your actions here is a good example of this type of behavior.
Good waste of time, nice trolling. Unsubscribe. Click.
And yet you are the one who came here without any real interest of the game - that's now obvious. You are the one leaving, which I'm nlt even sure about that, you'll probably see this comment and may ir may not reply later.

Lastly, I don't care if you unsubscribe, at least future viewers won't be misled by your comments and will see your true colors. You are but a guppie in the ocean and I am the Alpha Shark who will always speak the truth. I'll always speak the truth and challenge those who have blind hate for something.
PS: tldr is "waste of time, nice troll"
With all your lies, insulting, anger and name-calling and then your tantrum in which you claim you're leaving, who's the "REAL TROLL"? I understabd though, if I was shook by the embaressment of my actions, I would run away with my tail between my legs too!
PS: tldr is "waste of time, nice troll", too much time during quarantine days
Waste of time yet you wrote a wall of text to defend yourself and troll me with insults and other nonsense. Like you say though, I'm the troll with too much time, right? Smh... Kids on the net these days :p

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: utek and ®omano
Upvote 0
Didn't read troll. 100% sure still talking about off topic and non sense delusional imaginary things.

EDIT: will just quote myself again:

edit: read it, 100% what I though it would be, more non sense and obvious lies (saying I insult, I joined forum to spread my hate over EPIC, bull**** like that... see my quote above where it all started.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If telling you what the devs here have said themselves on Steam is trolling then uh, I guess? Sure, you're probably a flat-earther too at this rate...

Okay troll and anti-Epic cultist sheeple person, I'll quote myself too. I guess I can play that game.
That's the thing though, I simply stated facts that you can't combat so your only defense or argument is name calling or claiming I defend Epic lol

- You didn't clarify. Don't blame others for your inability to communicate clearly on the forums.

- Again, how is it anyone's fault for your bad communication skills? We cannot read your mind, after all. It's your job to be specific, your laziness shouldn't penalize readers and no, we were not wrong to process the way we did.

-It's a TIMED exclusive. Get over it. You keep on going over the facts here and acting as if the timed part doesn't exist to feed your agenda. How convinient.

-If you truly had no problem to wait, you wouldn't be here writing in a way that insults users for simply stating that it's a timed exclusive and nobody is forcing you to buy on Epic right now.

-Sure thing, as I said before, I knew you would. This was inevitable as you couldn't admit the truth as it didn't line up with your agenda and support your mentality on the forum. If I support a dev and tell you that they had a good reason forctaking the Epic deal, you'll call me an "Epic fanboy". Your cultic mentality isn't anything new in the anti-Epic sheeple group. You hate Epic for no other reason than they gave a dev monry to make their game better in exchange for a year on their platform. Boohoo and sad that you can't help but cry about that and call people random names and write with cap-locks to boot.
Again, don't call me a troll just because you disagree with me. Only real troll is you and yes, I reported you because you are obviously a liar and manipulator as well as do not want this game to succeed. Also because of all the cursing, name calling, snide remarks just because you can't shut me up. Like it or not kid, I have the same freedom. Difference is I stated facts and you threw a public tantrum. I bet you hate me right now and that you can't delete your comments.

Also, you said you would unsubscribe and you're still here, another lie. What more could we expect from someone who attacks without reason? I'll be here, there's fresh blood in the water boys!

Edit: Yeah I knew you would read it, you seem pretty obsessed with being superior. It's not that what I said eas anything off-topic it's just that you can't challenge/combat it. Keep on and you'll jusy keep getting it right back.

Edit 2:
Stop blaming people for your errors and accusing people of the very things you're doing yourself.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ®omano
Upvote 0
@Omano

Please don't make me report you again by ppsting more lies. I'm new to this forum and your behavior is a turn off. The BS you're spewing here isn't helping anyone and you're telling me my comments are irrelevant when all you've done here is insult me and try to make yourself look better.

It's getting pretty sad and the fact you treat this as if you can insult me continually and that it's okay to bully but defending/explaining myself is "off topic/trolling" is laughable.

Again, the facts about the Epic deal benefitting the game is true, you can choose to deny those facts or accept them - doesn't magically make the facts "imaginary" either way.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.