• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice
Siegertyp
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Best answers About

• My reference to the 251 was based on my memories of the NCO/CA lectures during the transition from the M-113 to the M-2 Bradley. Where the doctrine of mounted attack was discussed from the inception with the WW2 Panzergrenadier to the modern era. I also referenced many documents at the USMA Library on the subject as I modeled my Bolt Action 'minitures' wargame MidWar/LareWar Panzergrenadiers. 1 250/1, 3 251/C, 32 dismounts. So far any attempt of a 'mounted' attack did not work out well based on what I addressed, even in a 'game' environment, now real life... Now I dismount out of range and use the 251's as mobile MG support units to the dismounts as they maneuver.
    Also my HEER re-enactment days where we were taught the tactics from and ex Bundeswehr NCO as well as banging around cross country in our replica 251/OT-180. Couldn't see anyway of actually hitting anything with my K98 firing from that 'bouncing' platform. A lot of this is old memory and with age...well.

I still have difficulty with any late war era mounted attack against the US and GB forces with the improving Infantry Anti-Armor weapons available. Russia, different story.

Have seen what armor piercing small arms rounds (7.62X51NATO, and the WW2 era .30/06 was far more powerful)do to the inside of a lightly armored vehicle, and have seen the resulting carnage in the vehicle. So again I question the 'motivation' of the troops inside a 251 getting shot at.

As with any form of academia the classes and material are usually biased by nationality and even 'pride'.
    hi i noticed u are quite skilled in 3ds max ,would you b able to help me apply a checker map to a tanks threads with a cylindrical projection on the right selection of faces
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…