• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Call of Duty: Black Ops

You're new here I suppose? :p

That argument got crushed, what? A few years back? If you don't like a game, or a series of games, or a developer, or indeed a publisher on these forums then you go ahead and form an eloquent argument to state why.

We do not tell people to get out of the thread.

Also, you're now in a community that plays a game that attempts to be truly realistic. We are all biased here and we will look down on games that represent war in a childish manner.

Congratulations on generalising every single person on the forums as an idiot who can't form their own opinions about video games :3

CoD doesn't represent war in a 'childish manner' it is an ARCADE SHOOTER and it has been for years. Who's the childish one here anyway? turning your nose up because "*snort* that's what people do who play RO"

Upvote 0
It's not his right anyway, Masta.:p
This is a forum run by a company, not a free country. If he can run his mouth here it's because they let him, not because of some inalienable right of his.
Besides, people who cite wikipedia for something as profound as human rights should have them revoked anyway.

Upvote 0
This is a forum run by a company, not a free country. If he can run his mouth here it's because they let him, not because of some inalienable right of his.
Besides, people who cite wikipedia for something as profound as human rights should have them revoked anyway.

lol
Henceforth, I shall be referred to as; Novfanaion, the Nihilist.

Upvote 0

Well this started because like me he siad he finds CoD games fun, and they are. There's no need to get all high and mighty about it. I bet half of TWI are going to play it as well. So you can all stay here for at least another 8 months moaning about every other game (like a bunch of Victor Meldrews) until Hos comes out or you can play some other games and have some fun and entertainment.

Upvote 0
As far as I am concerned, if you like COD and you think it's fine, then that is great. You will get your money's worth and good for you. Have fun playing it.

If you are one of those players whose past experience with COD isn't good, yet you go out and buy it in the hopes that maybe, just maybe this one will actually be done right (despite all that past experience indicating otherwise) and you are disappointed, well then D'uh! What did you expect?

I will be one of those players that moans and whines about it because I know I won't like it and won't waste my money on it and that is how I get my enjoyment out of the COD franchise and I don't have to spend a penny to do this! Don't think that people like me are missing out, some of us don't think that COD is fun. :D

Reactions: Fedorov and mamoo
Upvote 0
Darn, I'm almost a week late! By now, Actiblizz seems to have caught up and removed the video walkthroughs... mostly.

Looks like a welcome return to cliched themes. The narrow shooting galleries are filled to the brim with all kinds of Communists, Nazis, and Baysplosions, giving a sense of light-hearted, mindless fun.

PC version is Steam-only, right? Should at least be able to borrow it then.

Upvote 0
Congratulations on generalising every single person on the forums as an idiot who can't form their own opinions about video games :3

CoD doesn't represent war in a 'childish manner' it is an ARCADE SHOOTER and it has been for years. Who's the childish one here anyway? turning your nose up because "*snort* that's what people do who play RO"

Now, now, everybody can have an opinion as long as it is the correct opinion :D

Also, the sarcasm in my post clearly flew straight over your head. My main issue was you telling people to get out of the thread if people don't like the game. If that happened, then every thread would just be a wankfest for fanboys. We apply some much-needed scepticism on any game. Quoting the great Yahtzee here: "it’s been a lot easier to just assume everything’s **** until it can prove itself otherwise."

Now, don't get too red in the face next time someone tells you you're wrong.

Upvote 0
Can't wait to get my receive my copy next week hopefully, with CoD at least you know what you get.

Amen brother. We'll come back to this forum 3 months from now and they'll still be complaining how bad this game is that they have never played. The power of the internet. I bet Ramm has ordered a copy. Imagine the horror of our anti CoD posters here if they found our the grand fubar had turned traitor.....

Only masochists and the blind deny themselves a fully resourced Treyarch Productions game. Much to their folly.

Upvote 0